KOTOR 1 for pc trouble

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
I am still in the tutorial because this keeps stopping me. I can play normally for a few seconds then WASD stops working. I tried switching to the arrow keys but they don't work either. I can still press space to pause and esc to get the menu however. Anyone else encounter this? Thanks for any help.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
This happens to me after combat sometimes. There is a normal pause of a few seconds but then it sometimes never unpauses. What worked for me:

- switching to inventory or other screens, then back.
- switching to a different party member and having them move instead for awhile

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Then try one of these:
- save & load
- save & exit & restart & load

Also make sure you aren't missing any patches/updates.

mundane

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2002
I had a similar problem, where after combat it would sometimes/often not let me move for up to a minute. This was either KOTOR I or II; I think there were references to some dual-core setups causing this.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: mundane
I had a similar problem, where after combat it would sometimes/often not let me move for up to a minute. This was either KOTOR I or II; I think there were references to some dual-core setups causing this.

Needing to install the dual-core Windows XP patch from AMD? I did that first thing so I wouldn't have run into that problem. That's defintiely something for Dorkenstein to check if he has a dual. (Checking intel.com instead of amd if it's intel of course)

Urtho

Feb 9, 2000
Currently replaying Kotor 2 right now and this happens to me on occasion as well. Usual fix is to switch to another party member and have them move or click on a usable item or NPC - that auto-moves your character and usually fixes it. If all else fails, there's always the save / restart / reload route. Good luck.

Dorkenstein

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2004
I don't see an intel patch on the site. Can anyone tell me if there is one elsewhere? Thanks very much.