Kotaku: Jade Empire 2 in Development

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Jade Empire 2 Incoming!

I loved Jade Empire and hope that with the Mass Effect conversation system coupled with the Jade Empire combat system we have a big winner here.

This of course depends upon if you enjoyed the original combat system or not. ;)

Oct 19, 2000
That article says nothing about it being a 360 exclusive, just that it's definitely coming to that platform. It even states what I first thought when I read your topic summary. With EA owning Bioware now, there's no way in hell it will be exclusive to one console.

What was the last title developed (not just published) by EA that was exclusive to one console? Anybody know?

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Originally posted by: blurredvision
That article says nothing about it being a 360 exclusive, just that it's definitely coming to that platform. It even states what I first thought when I read your topic summary. With EA owning Bioware now, there's no way in hell it will be exclusive to one console.

There's one way: $$$

What was the last title developed (not just published) by EA that was exclusive to one console? Anybody know?

Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars (March 2007) was only on the PC & 360. They've done plenty of Wii-only stuff, but I know that's not what you're asking.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
COD4 and Assassin's Creed both sold very well on the PS3 in the US, even if it was 1/3 of 360 sales. The PS3 is also now outselling the 360 in the rest of the world, not just in Japan.

EA knows how to do multi-platform efficiently, so the cost of adding the PS3 and PC versions is much less than the cost of creating a game from scratch.

Unless MS is willing to pay EA some serious money for an exclusive, it doesn't seem logical for EA to walk away from piles of extra money. It does make sense that Bioware will do their initial work on the 360, since that's been their main platform for the last couple of years.

CKDragon

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2001
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Unless MS is willing to pay EA some serious money for an exclusive, it doesn't seem logical for EA to walk away from piles of extra money.

I agree 100%. The point of my post wasn't that Jade Empire WILL be exclusive, but that there could be "a way in hell". :p I just doubt that MS is going to let EA make all the Bioware games multiplatform without so much as making a monetary offer to keep them exclusive.

Basically, we won't know anything about the (non?)exclusivity of this or any other Bioware franchise until we get some official news.

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
Originally posted by: CKDragon
Originally posted by: DaveSimmons
Unless MS is willing to pay EA some serious money for an exclusive, it doesn't seem logical for EA to walk away from piles of extra money.

I agree 100%. The point of my post wasn't that Jade Empire WILL be exclusive, but that there could be "a way in hell". :p I just doubt that MS is going to let EA make all the Bioware games multiplatform without so much as making a monetary offer to keep them exclusive.

Basically, we won't know anything about the (non?)exclusivity of this or any other Bioware franchise until we get some official news.

Of course we have no idea if there was an agreement already in place prior to the buyout that would have already made this exclusive either.