Kobe - Sgt Bookem and Takemaway

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Millennium
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Originally posted by: LeeTJ
I think it has been established that he slept with her. he admits it, she admits it.

they are charging him with assault and not rape, so the sex was consentual.

now the question is about assault, did he sexually assault her.

how will they prove he assaulted her? was he too rough with her in bed? if she sustained injuries, how will she prove that it was from the sex and not something else.

sexual assault charges seem so hard to prove. you gotta think that this particular municipality has a vested interest in charging Kobe meaning that in my opinion their motives are suspect.

i very seriously doubt that he will lose this case. if he does win, i hope he sues the sh!t out of this town.

A class 3 felony sexual assault could be rape(4 years to life). Rape is sexual assualt, most states dont charge you with rape. Most states charge rape as form of sexual assualt.

ahh, i c.

makes for an interesting case then.

i still don't see how they are going to prove intent.

besides, motive is at question here to. as has been said and will be said again, she has a lot to gain.

If the hospital found signs of vaginal trauma, he will be convicted. As to my knowledge she has in no way tried to profit off this. Since the case is under seal we have to wait and see what happens.

Yeah we all know vaginal trauma can't occur from consensual sex.
rolleye.gif

Uh yeah there can be some minor vaginal trauma with consensual sex if its rough. However forced intercourse leaves severe vaginal trauma, that is far more damage than rough consensual sex.

See Stark's post and also see the fact that we DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HOSPITAL FOUND. The DA is NOT WILLING to release any info like that. Maybe it will be leaked, but who knows. Maybe the girl was a virgin? Maybe she had only had sex a few times with a guy that wasn't well endowed. Maybe Kobe is well endowed. Maybe not. Maybe he raped her? We DON'T know, but we can't SAY someone did something until they have their trial.

My gut says he didn't do it, and I don't think Iron Mike raped that women in Indiana either. You don't just go into a hotel room by yourself at 3AM with Mike Tyson for cookies and fvcking milk. If you do you are a moron, but I think most people know what someone wants.

Its under seal by court order, yes the DA asked for the case to be sealed but its not like the DA up to something by having it that way. I never once said Kobe did it. However this case is nothing like the Mike Tyson case. It wasnt 3am nor did she stay the night etc.

However I did say by the way the DA has acted, they likely have strong evidence of rape.

jinduy

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
it's all good, kobe aint a bad guy... he was just following jordan's footsteps...except he forgot to pay her off.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
I think it has been established that he slept with her. he admits it, she admits it.

how will they prove he assaulted her? was he too rough with her in bed? if she sustained injuries, how will she prove that it was from the sex and not something else.

sexual assault charges seem so hard to prove. you gotta think that this particular municipality has a vested interest in charging Kobe meaning that in my opinion their motives are suspect.

i very seriously doubt that he will lose this case. if he does win, i hope he sues the sh!t out of this town.

A class 3 felony sexual assault could be rape(4 years to life). Rape is sexual assualt, most states dont charge you with rape. Most states charge rape as form of sexual assualt.

ahh, i c.

besides, motive is at question here to. as has been said and will be said again, she has a lot to gain.

If the hospital found signs of vaginal trauma, he will be convicted. As to my knowledge she has in no way tried to profit off this. Since the case is under seal we have to wait and see what happens.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

no one ever said she was totally stupid.
rolleye.gif

what you think she would have been stupid enough to try and benefit financially from this BEFORE the trial??

do you honestly believe the fact that she HASN'T tried to benefit from this yet has ANY bearing on her real motivations??

The only way she could profit off this would be if the charges are accurate and she gets a book deal. She cant bribe him, nor can she extort anyone. She cant have the charges dropped. She could sue him in civil court, but she would only win if hes found quilty of sexual assualt. There really isnt a way she can profit from this.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

ahh, i c.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

rolleye.gif

what you think she would have been stupid enough to try and benefit financially from this BEFORE the trial??

do you honestly believe the fact that she HASN'T tried to benefit from this yet has ANY bearing on her real motivations??

The only way she could profit off this would be if the charges are accurate and she gets a book deal. She cant bribe him, nor can she extort anyone. She cant have the charges dropped. She could sue him in civil court, but she would only win if hes found quilty of sexual assualt. There really isnt a way she can profit from this.

Thanks, you have proved you don't know what you are talking about. She doesn't have to win sh!t to get a judgement in Civil Court. Preponderance of Evidence vs. Beyond a reasonable doubt. Think of your average jury. They might not put someone behind bars, but they would love to steal about 50 mill from Kobe(the terrifying black guy) and give it to the poor and innocent white girl.

The DA sealed it? No sh!t? If I had a weak case I wouldn't talk about it either. Ok, well that probably isn't fair. He could have a strong case, but why let the cat of the bag when you are getting your 15 minutes? Hmm...

She can't extort him? She can lose this and sue him in civil court. If he is smart he will settle and in the settlement admit to no wrongdoing. It doesn't mean she didn't just extort him out of money.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003

ahh, i c.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

rolleye.gif

Thanks, you have proved you don't know what you are talking about. She doesn't have to win sh!t to get a judgement in Civil Court. Preponderance of Evidence vs. Beyond a reasonable doubt. Think of your average jury. They might not put someone behind bars, but they would love to steal about 50 mill from Kobe(the terrifying black guy) and give it to the poor and innocent white girl.

The DA sealed it? No sh!t? If I had a weak case I wouldn't talk about it either. Ok, well that probably isn't fair. He could have a strong case, but why let the cat of the bag when you are getting your 15 minutes? Hmm...

She can't extort him? She can lose this and sue him in civil court. If he is smart he will settle and in the settlement admit to no wrongdoing. It doesn't mean she didn't just extort him out of money.

OJ simpson right, criminal trial found him not guilty but civil court cost him everything. :)

V00DOO

Diamond Member
Dec 2, 2000
Noooo....., I just bet $100 with my friend that the Lakers will go all the way next year.

Oh well, looks like some one will get their Salad Toss! Wonder if Kobe prefer Jelly or Syrup?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Darkstar757
Originally posted by: Spac3d
I hope he never plays professional basketball ever again.

MAN I HOPE OYU NEVER POST AGAIN!:|
If Kobe is found Guilty then I hope he never plays again. But if he isn't guiltyI hope that this becomes a non issue!

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
no way she's doing it for fame/money. She would never have gone to the cops if that was her motive (see jordan, michael + mistress).

Jmman

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
This is probably going to get ugly. The count against him is a serious one. He would almost be guaranteed jail time if convicted. I think it is safe to assume that he had sex with her and they have DNA evidence to prove that, but it hinges upon whether it was concensual or not......

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Stark
no way she's doing it for fame/money. She would never have gone to the cops if that was her motive (see jordan, michael + mistress).

See- Civil Court is easier if you level criminal charges first. Even if he gets off. Having a mistress would be really hard to consider criminal, raping someone, would easily be considered criminal. Sure, she MIGHT NOT be doing it for fame and money, but there is a CHANCE that she is.

If I was a chick I would take it in the twat from Kobe for 50 million, change my name and retire. No one would ever be able to find me. Plastic surgery does amazing things, and so do foreign countries.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
There is also a chance that he hasn't his feet planted firmly in reality and because of his fame and having women throw themselves at him over it he didn't realize that he was breaking the law..which is no excuse and will get him a bar of soap in "Pound me in the Ass Federal Prison"

Zhou

Feb 1, 2003
"....it's all good, kobe aint a bad guy... he was just following jordan's footsteps...except he forgot to pay her off. "

So true

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000

See- Civil Court is easier if you level criminal charges first. Even if he gets off. Having a mistress would be really hard to consider criminal, raping someone, would easily be considered criminal. Sure, she MIGHT NOT be doing it for fame and money, but there is a CHANCE that she is.

If I was a chick I would take it in the twat from Kobe for 50 million, change my name and retire. No one would ever be able to find me. Plastic surgery does amazing things, and so do foreign countries.

If she was a 30 year old nba groupie standing outside Staples center I might agree, but this girl doesn't sound like she has that sort of malicious intent. You think a 19-year old living with her parents wants to get her shot at fame by being known as Kobe's 1-night stand? I don't.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
the reason tyson was convicted and that kobe will NOT be convicted is that people want/wanted to believe that tyson was/is a rapist.

Yeah, I'm sure that's the reason. ;)

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

If she was a 30 year old nba groupie standing outside Staples center I might agree, but this girl doesn't sound like she has that sort of malicious intent. You think a 19-year old living with her parents wants to get her shot at fame by being known as Kobe's 1-night stand? I don't.

How do you know? We don't KNOW, so why argue about it? Until she actually does something, or this goes to trial we will not know. All I DO KNOW is that this kind of crap is normally 90% scam.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Somehow I tend not to believe an accuser who goes on a family vaction immediately after being sexually assaulted (possibly raped.)

Kobe very well be guilty, but I wonder how the heck to you prove sexual assault "beyond a reasonable doubt." Vaginal trauma? Better be pretty damn severe to not have some doubt.

holden j caufield

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 1999
I guess she couldn't get her 15min of fame from american idol so this was her chance. It's all a conspiracy though
this is the NBA's solution to create parity. Salary cap didn't stop the Lakers so they had to come up with something else. I just don't trust anybody going up somebody's room at night. I guess he ordered room service, she came up to deliver something, he said he lost his puppy etc. Yeah really sounds like Kobe the monster.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003

even if her motivations NOW are pure, i bet she still ends up cashing in on it. it's the alure of money.

BUT if she does cash in, what will you say then? that her motives were pure and she got tempted in or will you then question her motives?

for me, her motives are in question now. would she have pressed charges if it was someone w/o Kobe type money?

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK
Somehow I tend not to believe an accuser who goes on a family vaction immediately after being sexually assaulted (possibly raped.)

Kobe very well be guilty, but I wonder how the heck to you prove sexual assault "beyond a reasonable doubt." Vaginal trauma? Better be pretty damn severe to not have some doubt.

Let's see.... go away on vacation for a while and get out of the media sharkpool, or stay home and have media constantly crawling up my ass.... decisions decisions....

Especially if the allegations are true. Would YOU want that treatment after you'd been raped? (For sake of argument.)

bigshot

Feb 13, 2001
take a step back and look at the picture. They accuse him of sex assult, they arrest but don't press charges. The prosector doesn't want to look a dumbass and in of arresting but not charing. In my opinion they have very shaded evidence, and the prosector is tryin to get his name out there, hell if you can win a big case like this thats covered North America, and where ever else, it would boost your career

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Let's see.... go away on vacation for a while and get out of the media sharkpool, or stay home and have media constantly crawling up my ass.... decisions decisions....

Especially if the allegations are true. Would YOU want that treatment after you'd been raped? (For sake of argument.)

Yeah I was thinking that also, but it has been said she is thought of as a basketball groupie by other players (read it in one of the ESPN articles) and she was an American Idol contestant. Looks like she enjoys the fame.

And it was a "vacation", not simply to avoid the media outing.

"Help! I've been raped! Call the police!" Next day - "I'm sorry, I'm on vacation now. Please call later." :p

It's not like you can avoid the media attention even if you wanted to anyways. You accuse Kobe Bryant and I woudl think anyone would expect and acknowledge what will come soon after...

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Originally posted by: NogginBoink
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK

Yah, because the media really has been pounding down her door huh? Oh, nevermind, we don't even know who she is!

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: trmiv
I don't buy that he assualted her either. I'm guessing whatever happened did so with her consent, and she was pissed after when Kobe wanted nothing more to do with her.

Kobe issued this statement

"I am innocent of the charges filed today. I did not assault the woman who is accusing me," Bryant said in the statement. "I made the mistake of adultery. I have to answer to my wife and my God for my actions that night and I pray that both will forgive me. ... Nothing that happened June 30th was against the will of the woman who now falsely accuses me."

So he admits to something with this girl, but I don't believe he forced anything on her.

Well gosh, with DNA evidence of sexual contact between the two what was he going to say?