Kobe - Sgt Bookem and Takemaway

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
Originally posted by: josphII
Originally posted by: prontospyder
Big ouch! :(

I feel sorry for Vanessa.

and we all know she married him cause she loved him

rolleye.gif

I thought i read/saw that she has been with him since highschool.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: classy
Originally posted by: Darkstar757
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Originally posted by: Renob
I just dont understand. Am I the only one starting to notice a trend of Black Atheletes getting hit with these sex charges. And no Im not implying it a race thing. I just dont understand what is going on.

I understand, these guys are never told NO for most of there adult life they think they can do anything.

If the DA is pressing charges there must be some good Evidence.

Who ever thought OJ whould have cut his better halfs head off??

What are you talking about, don't you know OJ was setup by the police. Its everybody trying to attack black people, just ask Darkstar757. Everybody is a rasict, never has a black person broke the law, don't you know only white people do that stuff , again see Darkstar757

rolleye.gif

Dude you are so lame. I not saying black people dont commit crimes. I just saying look at how many sports start that are black are getting hit with these charges. I know that its hard for you to read and comprehend but all im saying is lots of black stars are commiting these types of crimes or being accused of these crimes. All im saying is what is the cause.

Remember Nick Anderson? Amd the girls friend got scared and said the girl made the whole thing up. She probably started with lets see each other and the side and Kobe shot her down then things got out of hand like I'll tell your wife and nonsense like that. There is no way this guy just became a rapist. Anyone like that has some inklings at some point and time. I feel for the guy, but I completely beleive he didn't rape this girl. He's guilty of being a cheating dummy.

This thread is fvcking creepy. I agreed with Dezign and now I am agreeing with Classy? WTF! :beer:

Wah

Golden Member
Oct 16, 1999
Originally posted by: gwlam12
well at least we know that kobe's wife isnt a gold digger like im sure many of us thought she was. this would be a good enough reason for her to divorce him to take some of the money, but she's staying at his side. i like it.

It isn't always about only money... don't forget fame.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Originally posted by: LeeTJ
I think it has been established that he slept with her. he admits it, she admits it.

they are charging him with assault and not rape, so the sex was consentual.

now the question is about assault, did he sexually assault her.

how will they prove he assaulted her? was he too rough with her in bed? if she sustained injuries, how will she prove that it was from the sex and not something else.

sexual assault charges seem so hard to prove. you gotta think that this particular municipality has a vested interest in charging Kobe meaning that in my opinion their motives are suspect.

i very seriously doubt that he will lose this case. if he does win, i hope he sues the sh!t out of this town.

A class 3 felony sexual assault could be rape(4 years to life). Rape is sexual assualt, most states dont charge you with rape. Most states charge rape as form of sexual assualt.

ahh, i c.

makes for an interesting case then.

i still don't see how they are going to prove intent.

besides, motive is at question here to. as has been said and will be said again, she has a lot to gain.

If the hospital found signs of vaginal trauma, he will be convicted. As to my knowledge she has in no way tried to profit off this. Since the case is under seal we have to wait and see what happens.

Yeah we all know vaginal trauma can't occur from consensual sex.
rolleye.gif

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
If I understand the charges, he's being charged with sexual assault because he forced her to have sex through physical abuse.

flxnimprtmscl

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2003
Frankly I think he didn't do it for a number of reasons that have already been stated here. Honestly, I think you can pin this charge on the DA's office. They really seem to be loving their 15 minutes if you ask me. Look at when the scheduled the press conference to announce this. Funny how they just made it right in time to catch all the evening news broadcasts. For the east coast anyway.

Plus, how truly stupid would they look if they let this drag on for weeks and didn't charge him with anything? I doubt they have any real evidence to speak of and this will all go away quickly.

Btw, not a lakers fan but I've always respected Kobe because he seems to go about his buisness the right way.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Why do you people doubt he did this? Is it because he is a sports star? What makes him so different from Joe Blow on the street who might do the same thing? What makes me sick is when people give celebrities a free pass.

what makes him different? uh the fact that he is a celebrity and a multimillionaire. there arent exactly financial benefits to falsely accuse Joe Blow

Like I said false accusers dont typically go to the hospital. Its not like she spent the night with him. She worked at the resort he was staying at, after whatever happened occured he went to the hospital for his knee(what he was in vail for) and she went to another hospital.

Its pretty sad people takes sides knowing none of the evidence. Im not saying he did do it, but by the DAs actions, it does appear they have pretty strong evidence.

She went to the hospital after going to the cops at noon the next day. If she went from the hotel straight to the hospital, I could understand the charges, but I still think she just feels bad about committing adultery and cheating on her bf.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
well at least we know that kobe's wife isnt a gold digger like im sure many of us thought she was. this would be a good enough reason for her to divorce him to take some of the money, but she's staying at his side. i like it.

How do you know this, the same way you knwo he didn't do it??
rolleye.gif

He was just charged today, wait until it gos to trial, and if found guilty, then she where she is standing :)

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
I hate the Lakers, but I can't just keep buying these women ending up in these athletes rooms late at night and then screaming he raped me. Its a joke. And as far as this girls chararcter being impeccable it can't be that impeccable. If it was she wanted be in a married mans room. That tells me she is just another skank looking to get a hook up with a jock.

exactly, and Stark's account of the situation is probably true. parents question her why she is late getting home and next thing you know, WHAM "my daughter was raped!"

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Viper GTS

rolleye.gif

Leave her out of this.

Viper GTS

Why? I am sure she knew the truth before almost anyone else did. She has kept that bottled up. What about if the victim is right? What if he did assault her? Is everyone going to rescind their comments they made about her? I doubt it.

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
If I understand the charges, he's being charged with sexual assault because he forced her to have sex through physical abuse.

isn't that same as rape?

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999

rolleye.gif

:Q WHAT............. Kobe married TGG's GF :Q

He must have had one big sign ;)

Cheers,
Aquaman <<<<<<<<< I kid ;)

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Millennium
I think it has been established that he slept with her. he admits it, she admits it.

how will they prove he assaulted her? was he too rough with her in bed? if she sustained injuries, how will she prove that it was from the sex and not something else.

sexual assault charges seem so hard to prove. you gotta think that this particular municipality has a vested interest in charging Kobe meaning that in my opinion their motives are suspect.

i very seriously doubt that he will lose this case. if he does win, i hope he sues the sh!t out of this town.

A class 3 felony sexual assault could be rape(4 years to life). Rape is sexual assualt, most states dont charge you with rape. Most states charge rape as form of sexual assualt.

ahh, i c.

besides, motive is at question here to. as has been said and will be said again, she has a lot to gain.

If the hospital found signs of vaginal trauma, he will be convicted. As to my knowledge she has in no way tried to profit off this. Since the case is under seal we have to wait and see what happens.

rolleye.gif

Uh yeah there can be some minor vaginal trauma with consensual sex if its rough. However forced intercourse leaves severe vaginal trauma, that is far more damage than rough consensual sex.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000

ahh, i c.

rolleye.gif

He's 6'9" (and you know what they say about black guys). She's a 19-year old "good girl." She must have got a lot more than she bargained for. Maybe that's why her bf broke up with her **allegedly**. Kobe envy.

NakaNaka

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2000
I'm sure that Kobe's "size" could be a factor if they found some vaginal trauma but not a lot. I'm sure her sexual history will come into play. It will all come out. It's going to be a good soap opera for the press, maybe even the trial on TV like OJ?>

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
I thought i read/saw that she has been with him since highschool.

Not since his highschool. Her highschool. He married her when she was an 18 year old high school senior.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

ahh, i c.

rolleye.gif

Uh yeah there can be some minor vaginal trauma with consensual sex if its rough. However forced intercourse leaves severe vaginal trauma, that is far more damage than rough consensual sex.

See Stark's post and also see the fact that we DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HOSPITAL FOUND. The DA is NOT WILLING to release any info like that. Maybe it will be leaked, but who knows. Maybe the girl was a virgin? Maybe she had only had sex a few times with a guy that wasn't well endowed. Maybe Kobe is well endowed. Maybe not. Maybe he raped her? We DON'T know, but we can't SAY someone did something until they have their trial.

My gut says he didn't do it, and I don't think Iron Mike raped that women in Indiana either. You don't just go into a hotel room by yourself at 3AM with Mike Tyson for cookies and fvcking milk. If you do you are a moron, but I think most people know what someone wants.

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Marlin1975

How do you know this, the same way you knwo he didn't do it??
rolleye.gif

He was just charged today, wait until it gos to trial, and if found guilty, then she where she is standing :)

no, i'm saying, she's standing by his side even after he admitted committing adultery.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003

ahh, i c.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

no one ever said she was totally stupid.
rolleye.gif

what you think she would have been stupid enough to try and benefit financially from this BEFORE the trial??

do you honestly believe the fact that she HASN'T tried to benefit from this yet has ANY bearing on her real motivations??

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
2) When you hear such accusations made against athletes, what is your first impulse?

52.0% To believe the athlete is innocent

48.0% To believe the accusations are true

shocked 48% of people believe the accusations.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003

ahh, i c.

rolleye.gif

See Stark's post and also see the fact that we DON'T KNOW WHAT THE HOSPITAL FOUND. The DA is NOT WILLING to release any info like that. Maybe it will be leaked, but who knows. Maybe the girl was a virgin? Maybe she had only had sex a few times with a guy that wasn't well endowed. Maybe Kobe is well endowed. Maybe not. Maybe he raped her? We DON'T know, but we can't SAY someone did something until they have their trial.

My gut says he didn't do it, and I don't think Iron Mike raped that women in Indiana either. You don't just go into a hotel room by yourself at 3AM with Mike Tyson for cookies and fvcking milk. If you do you are a moron, but I think most people know what someone wants.

and there is the crux of it. the reason tyson was convicted and that kobe will NOT be convicted is that people want/wanted to believe that tyson was/is a rapist. same is not true of kobe.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: Spac3d
I hope he never plays professional basketball ever again.

kings fan.

I need to go back to work now. The only thing people have been talking about for the past 2 hours is kobe.