Kobe - Sgt Bookem and Takemaway

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: prontospyder
Big ouch! :(

I feel sorry for Vanessa.

Pro sports is probably not the best profession for those intent on maintaining marital fidelity. Not that it makes it acceptable, but anyone would have difficulty when you have women throwing themselves at you.

If he raped her (or whatever she's claiming), lock him up.

If it was consensual & now she's bitching, lock her up.

I don't envy his position now, even if it was 100% consensual (and his accuser admits it) he still has his wife to deal with.

Viper GTS

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: gwlam12
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Originally posted by: Imported
Originally posted by: BigSmooth
He released a statement admitting he had sex with her, but he claims it was consensual.

Fun.. so basically it's her word versus his word now.

NO!!! They also have Physical evidence. Hence, he was taken to a hospital and gave blood so they could test it with.

WILL YOU PEOPLE READ THE STORY, INSTEAD OF JUST MAKING STUFF UP AND SCREAMING ?HES NOT GUILTY, I JUST KNOW.?

rolleye.gif

physical evidence of rape?

no idea, as prosecutor refuse to discuse the case but i will guess yes as he was charged with a felony class 3

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Gnote
Most Probable Situation:

Kobe Bryant was in Colorado for knee surgery so I would venture to guess he probably wasn't with his entourage or his wife. I'd the situation played out something like this:

Mr. Bryant goes to a shopping area/mall/public area
Girl X sees Mr. Bryant
Girl X introduces herself to Mr. Bryant
Mr. Bryant invites Girl X to dinner
Girl X accepts
Mr. Bryant and Girl X go to dinner
Girl X and Mr. Bryant have one too many drinks
Mr. Bryant invites Girl X to hotel room
Girl X accepts
Mr. Bryant or Girl X initiates intimate physical contact
One thing leads to another... lights go out...

Next Morning
Girl X leaves hotel room before Mr. Bryant wakes up
Girl X tells about the night before to a friend
Friend says he's married
Girl X says Mr. Bryant said he wasn't
Friend says Mr. Bryant lied
Girl X is upset
Girl X decides to file lawsuit alledging sexual misconduct

I don't doubt the fact that copulation occurred. I just doubt the fact that Mr. Bryant forced himself upon Pretty Girl X. I've seen this happen to one of my friends before. The lesson? Don't cheat, and know the person above or below you in bed before jumping in.

OK you like most here, know NOTHING THEN. She was working, went to his room, peolel next door heard something, witness saw her run from room almost in panic. Police took blood for DNA test, so there has to be soemthing to test... right.

At least read about what is going on if you or anybody else is going to make up some BS

I am not saying he did anything wrong, but stop spreading lies.

:|

the room next door was vacant

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
If he goes to jail & comes back in 4 years......... Shaq better watch out ............ Kobe is going to bite his ear off ;) :D

Cheers,
Aquaman

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I hate the Lakers, but I can't just keep buying these women ending up in these athletes rooms late at night and then screaming he raped me. Its a joke. And as far as this girls chararcter being impeccable it can't be that impeccable. If it was she wanted be in a married mans room. That tells me she is just another skank looking to get a hook up with a jock.

RDWYTruckDriver

Jul 16, 2003
Bryant said in the statement. "I made the mistake of adultery."

Well, he's admitting that something sexual happened but the burden of proof falls on the DA there. When your a big Star in any way you need to "CYA" and not let yourself possibly fall into a trap IMHO.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Most Probable Situation:

Kobe Bryant was in Colorado for knee surgery so I would venture to guess he probably wasn't with his entourage or his wife. I'd the situation played out something like this:

Girl X sees Mr. Bryant
Girl X accepts
Girl X accepts

Next Morning
Friend says he's married
Girl X is upset

I don't doubt the fact that copulation occurred. I just doubt the fact that Mr. Bryant forced himself upon Pretty Girl X. I've seen this happen to one of my friends before. The lesson? Don't cheat, and know the person above or below you in bed before jumping in.

OK you like most here, know NOTHING THEN. She was working, went to his room, peolel next door heard something, witness saw her run from room almost in panic. Police took blood for DNA test, so there has to be soemthing to test... right.

At least read about what is going on if you or anybody else is going to make up some BS

If you read all the storys they have already said there was a witness next door, does not mean next door, could be across the hall.

Again, READ ALL THE STORIES!!! I read the news, and all I can say is he better have a good lawyer. Or the DA is just covering his AZZ. I am betting on the better get a good....

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: pyonir

physical evidence of rape?

he doesn't know that, and no one will until the trial.

There was obviously fluid found that tested to be Kobes or else he wouldnt have release a letter saying he committed adultery. Now as for vaginal tramua, the case is under seal, and we wont know until the trial starts.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
I think it has been established that he slept with her. he admits it, she admits it.

they are charging him with assault and not rape, so the sex was consentual.

now the question is about assault, did he sexually assault her.

how will they prove he assaulted her? was he too rough with her in bed? if she sustained injuries, how will she prove that it was from the sex and not something else.

sexual assault charges seem so hard to prove. you gotta think that this particular municipality has a vested interest in charging Kobe meaning that in my opinion their motives are suspect.

i very seriously doubt that he will lose this case. if he does win, i hope he sues the sh!t out of this town.

SpazzyChicken

Feb 8, 2002
Not that I think he did it or anything, but if Kobe goes to jail, maybe the other NBA teams will have a chance now that the lakers have karl malone and gary payton.

Stupid lakers. Now I am looking even less forward to the 2003-2004 NBA season.

AccruedExpenditure

Diamond Member
May 12, 2001
Most Probable Situation:

Girl X sees Mr. Bryant
Girl X accepts
Girl X accepts

Next Morning
Friend says he's married
Girl X is upset

If you read all the storys they have already said there was a witness next door, does not mean next door, could be across the hall.

Again, READ ALL THE STORIES!!! I read the news, and all I can say is he better have a good lawyer. Or the DA is just covering his AZZ. I am betting on the better get a good....

Again, I ask, can you provide us with a link? I did a search for Kobe and screaming and couldn't find anything relevant

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: SpazzyChicken
Not that I think he did it or anything, but if Kobe goes to jail, maybe the other NBA teams will have a chance now that the lakers have karl malone and gary payton.

Stupid lakers. Now I am looking even less forward to the 2003-2004 NBA season.

i hope that will happen and i hope he goes to jail for life

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Why do you people doubt he did this? Is it because he is a sports star? What makes him so different from Joe Blow on the street who might do the same thing? What makes me sick is when people give celebrities a free pass.

what makes him different? uh the fact that he is a celebrity and a multimillionaire. there arent exactly financial benefits to falsely accuse Joe Blow

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: LeeTJ
I think it has been established that he slept with her. he admits it, she admits it.

how will they prove he assaulted her? was he too rough with her in bed? if she sustained injuries, how will she prove that it was from the sex and not something else.

sexual assault charges seem so hard to prove. you gotta think that this particular municipality has a vested interest in charging Kobe meaning that in my opinion their motives are suspect.

i very seriously doubt that he will lose this case. if he does win, i hope he sues the sh!t out of this town.

A class 3 felony sexual assault could be rape(4 years to life). Rape is sexual assualt, most states dont charge you with rape. Most states charge rape as form of sexual assualt.

Ylen13

Banned
Sep 18, 2001
Originally posted by: josphII
Why do you people doubt he did this? Is it because he is a sports star? What makes him so different from Joe Blow on the street who might do the same thing? What makes me sick is when people give celebrities a free pass.

what makes him different? uh the fact that he is a celebrity and a multimillionaire. there arent exactly financial benefits to falsely accuse Joe Blow

girl has alot of benefits and reason for making false statement and accusing him of the charges. If he is found guilty he will be able to sue in court, even if not found she will be able to sue him.

josphII

Banned
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Renob
I just dont understand. Am I the only one starting to notice a trend of Black Atheletes getting hit with these sex charges. And no Im not implying it a race thing. I just dont understand what is going on.

I understand, these guys are never told NO for most of there adult life they think they can do anything.

If the DA is pressing charges there must be some good Evidence.

Who ever thought OJ whould have cut his better halfs head off??

some of the biggest bunch of b.s. ive ever heard. "he's been charged so he must be guilty!"
rolleye.gif
heck DA's are graded on how many people they convict and get freakin bonus points for national coverage

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: digitalsm

A class 3 felony sexual assault could be rape(4 years to life). Rape is sexual assualt, most states dont charge you with rape. Most states charge rape as form of sexual assualt.

ahh, i c.

makes for an interesting case then.

i still don't see how they are going to prove intent.

besides, motive is at question here to. as has been said and will be said again, she has a lot to gain.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: josphII

Like I said false accusers dont typically go to the hospital. Its not like she spent the night with him. She worked at the resort he was staying at, after whatever happened occured he went to the hospital for his knee(what he was in vail for) and she went to another hospital.

Its pretty sad people takes sides knowing none of the evidence. Im not saying he did do it, but by the DAs actions, it does appear they have pretty strong evidence.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Darkstar757
Originally posted by: Renob
I just dont understand. Am I the only one starting to notice a trend of Black Atheletes getting hit with these sex charges. And no Im not implying it a race thing. I just dont understand what is going on.

I understand, these guys are never told NO for most of there adult life they think they can do anything.

If the DA is pressing charges there must be some good Evidence.

Who ever thought OJ whould have cut his better halfs head off??

What are you talking about, don't you know OJ was setup by the police. Its everybody trying to attack black people, just ask Darkstar757. Everybody is a rasict, never has a black person broke the law, don't you know only white people do that stuff , again see Darkstar757

rolleye.gif

Dude you are so lame. I not saying black people dont commit crimes. I just saying look at how many sports start that are black are getting hit with these charges. I know that its hard for you to read and comprehend but all im saying is lots of black stars are commiting these types of crimes or being accused of these crimes. All im saying is what is the cause.

Remember Nick Anderson? And the girls friend got scared and said the girl made the whole thing up. She probably started with lets see each other and the side and Kobe shot her down then things got out of hand like I'll tell your wife and nonsense like that. There is no way this guy just became a rapist. Anyone like that has some inklings at some point and time. I feel for the guy, but I completely beleive he didn't rape this girl. He's guilty of being a cheating dummy.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

Sexual assault is rape. From the Colorado law:

Rape is a term that people commonly use to describe acts of
unwanted penetration, although the term ?rape? is not a
legal term in Colorado.

Source It is a .PDF

EDIT: digitalsm beat me. But the link above has been provided as well.

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
well at least we know that kobe's wife isnt a gold digger like im sure many of us thought she was. this would be a good enough reason for her to divorce him to take some of the money, but she's staying at his side. i like it.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: digitalsm

ahh, i c.

makes for an interesting case then.

i still don't see how they are going to prove intent.

besides, motive is at question here to. as has been said and will be said again, she has a lot to gain.

If the hospital found signs of vaginal trauma, he will be convicted. As to my knowledge she has in no way tried to profit off this. Since the case is under seal we have to wait and see what happens.