Kobe - Sgt Bookem and Takemaway

Darkstar757

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
There is no Way he did this.

I just dont understand. Am I the only one starting to notice a trend of Black Atheletes getting hit with these sex charges. And no Im not implying it a race thing. I just dont understand what is going on.

:(

jinduy

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
you guys must remove his jockstrap from your head... of course he did it !

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Why do you people doubt he did this? Is it because he is a sports star? What makes him so different from Joe Blow on the street who might do the same thing? What makes me sick is when people give celebrities a free pass.

Jul 12, 2001
the one reason i am not saying "i doubt he did it" is cause u never know...people used to say OJ was the nicest guy in the world

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
My sister personally knows the alleged victim, and her opinion is that if she says she was assaulted, she was assaulted. My sister believes that the alleged victim is of impeccable character.

Now, none of you know me nor my sister nor the alleged victim, so I don't expect any of you to give any credence to this opinion, but I did want to throw a dissenting opinion into the thread.

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
Originally posted by: shinerburke
Why do you people doubt he did this? Is it because he is a sports star? What makes him so different from Joe Blow on the street who might do the same thing? What makes me sick is when people give celebrities a free pass.

Gut instinct in this particular situation, perhaps. Entertainers (sports/music/otherwise) in general are more prone to false claims and attacks (like the bully who tried to sue Eminem for $1 million in damages) because of their status and wealth. In this case, perhaps they did mess around (friends and family said "she was totally excited when she found out Kobe would be staying at the resort she worked at and went out of her way to trya nd meet him"), but sexual assault is a serious offense. It just doesn't make any sense... maybe she did something consentual and regretted it later... maybe he really did take advantage of her... I can't say, but the whole situation just stinks to me.

TranceNation

Platinum Member
Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by: NogginBoink
My sister personally knows the alleged victim, and her opinion is that if she says she was assaulted, she was assaulted. My sister believes that the alleged victim is of impeccable character.

Now, none of you know me nor my sister nor the alleged victim, so I don't expect any of you to give any credence to this opinion, but I did want to throw a dissenting opinion into the thread.

you'll be surprised how money changes everything, even 'impeccable character'.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001

He's been extremely cooperative the entire time, ashich helps him, IMO. More than that, though, is that it took so long to charge him. There really isn't a lot of evidence that they can have against him, other than her word. It seems to me that with this much debate over whether or not it's even worth pressing charges, there can't possibly be a whole lot of evidence backing up her claim.

jlarsson

Golden Member
Jul 31, 2001
I have yet to see any of the evidence for myself, so as of right now ... I don't know what to think.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Darkstar757

I just dont understand. Am I the only one starting to notice a trend of Black Atheletes getting hit with these sex charges. And no Im not implying it a race thing. I just dont understand what is going on.

Oh and you have proof
rolleye.gif
And you bring up ONLY black people are getting charged, yet its not a race thing .... idiot

You know nothing yet you KNOW he didn't do it.

They took his blood for DNA, people next door heard something in the room, and another witness saw the girl run from the room in panic.
Let me guess the police set him RIGHT!!! Someone call OJ, help kobe find the real guilty person
rolleye.gif

AccruedExpenditure

Diamond Member
May 12, 2001
Most Probable Situation:

Kobe Bryant was in Colorado for knee surgery so I would venture to guess he probably wasn't with his entourage or his wife. I'd the situation played out something like this:

Mr. Bryant goes to a shopping area/mall/public area
Girl X sees Mr. Bryant
Girl X introduces herself to Mr. Bryant
Mr. Bryant invites Girl X to dinner
Girl X accepts
Mr. Bryant and Girl X go to dinner
Girl X and Mr. Bryant have one too many drinks
Mr. Bryant invites Girl X to hotel room
Girl X accepts
Mr. Bryant or Girl X initiates intimate physical contact
One thing leads to another... lights go out...

Next Morning
Girl X leaves hotel room before Mr. Bryant wakes up
Girl X tells about the night before to a friend
Friend says he's married
Girl X says Mr. Bryant said he wasn't
Friend says Mr. Bryant lied
Girl X is upset
Girl X decides to file lawsuit alledging sexual misconduct

I don't doubt the fact that copulation occurred. I just doubt the fact that Mr. Bryant forced himself upon Pretty Girl X. I've seen this happen to one of my friends before. The lesson? Don't cheat, and know the person above or below you in bed before jumping in.

joe678

Platinum Member
Jun 12, 2001
damn his wife is hot too... they should trade him to portland for sabonis so they can have the all-time felon team...

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Dezign

Gut instinct in this particular situation, perhaps. Entertainers (sports/music/otherwise) in general are more prone to false claims and attacks (like the bully who tried to sue Eminem for $1 million in damages) because of their status and wealth. In this case, perhaps they did mess around (friends and family said "she was totally excited when she found out Kobe would be staying at the resort she worked at and went out of her way to trya nd meet him"), but sexual assault is a serious offense. It just doesn't make any sense... maybe she did something consentual and regretted it later... maybe he really did take advantage of her... I can't say, but the whole situation just stinks to me.

Wow, I actually agree. My gut says he didn't do it. My gut says OJ did do it. I guess we will have to wait for the trial eh?

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Gnote
Most Probable Situation:

Kobe Bryant was in Colorado for knee surgery so I would venture to guess he probably wasn't with his entourage or his wife. I'd the situation played out something like this:

Mr. Bryant goes to a shopping area/mall/public area
Girl X sees Mr. Bryant
Girl X introduces herself to Mr. Bryant
Mr. Bryant invites Girl X to dinner
Girl X accepts
Mr. Bryant and Girl X go to dinner
Girl X and Mr. Bryant have one too many drinks
Mr. Bryant invites Girl X to hotel room
Girl X accepts
Mr. Bryant or Girl X initiates intimate physical contact
One thing leads to another... lights go out...

Next Morning
Girl X leaves hotel room before Mr. Bryant wakes up
Girl X tells about the night before to a friend
Friend says he's married
Girl X says Mr. Bryant said he wasn't
Friend says Mr. Bryant lied
Girl X is upset
Girl X decides to file lawsuit alledging sexual misconduct

I don't doubt the fact that copulation occurred. I just doubt the fact that Mr. Bryant forced himself upon Pretty Girl X. I've seen this happen to one of my friends before. The lesson? Don't cheat, and know the person above or below you in bed before jumping in.

OK you like most here, know NOTHING THEN. She was working, went to his room, peolel next door heard something, witness saw her run from room almost in panic. Police took blood for DNA test, so there has to be soemthing to test... right.

At least read about what is going on if you or anybody else is going to make up some BS

I am not saying he did anything wrong, but stop spreading lies.

:|

Darkstar757

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
Originally posted by: Darkstar757

Oh and you have proof
rolleye.gif
And you bring up ONLY black people are getting charged, yet its not a race thing .... idiot

You know nothing yet you KNOW he didn't do it.

They took his blood for DNA, people next door heard something in the room, and another witness saw the girl run from the room in panic.
Let me guess the police set him RIGHT!!! Someone call OJ, help kobe find the real guilty person
rolleye.gif

YOu ASS did you not read my post. I said its not a rasict thing but I was just stating that there are more black males in atheletics getting hit with these types of charges.

:|

Renob

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2000

I understand, these guys are never told NO for most of there adult life they think they can do anything.

If the DA is pressing charges there must be some good Evidence.

Who ever thought OJ whould have cut his better halfs head off??