Kobe bryant to test free market after next season?

NeoMadHatter

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2000
johntwang.com
that's going to be awesome cuz kg can also do the same next year. they should both forget about the money and sign with orlando to play with t-mac. then no one will ever win again.

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: NeoMadHatter
that's going to be awesome cuz kg can also do the same next year. they should both forget about the money and sign with orlando to play with t-mac. then no one will ever win again.

keep dreaming :p

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003

how could NO ONE win again??

What would be the point of them joining forces if "no one" is going to win?

Apr 5, 2000
If Shaq retires this next season Kobe has no real reason to stay with the Lakers. There's no one else on the Lakers that can help him win the championship other than Shaq, and even now the motivation and drive isn't there like it used to be. Kobe's potential would be wasted by him staying there - he's still very young and his best years are still ahead of him.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: LeeTJ

How could YOU be an idiot and take his words out of context??

What is the point??

The Idea sounds good, but it's like the Blazers, you put too much talent and egos on one team, it's hard to get them all to play together and win. It's a team effort that wins championships, not just skill.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: LikeLinus

What is the point??

The Idea sounds good, but it's like the Blazers, you put too much talent and egos on one team, it's hard to get them all to play together and win. It's a team effort that wins championships, not just skill.

Where did i take them out of context?

I just pointed out that he left OUT a word.
rolleye.gif

"then no one will ever win again" it SHOULD have been "then no one ELSE will ever win again."

as if i'm the FIRST person on ATOT to ever point out a typo.

Sid59

Lifer
Sep 2, 2002
interesting. I think all of the above, too. Can't figure out where Kobe would make the most Impact.

Masas

Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello
If Shaq retires this next season Kobe has no real reason to stay with the Lakers. There's no one else on the Lakers that can help him win the championship other than Shaq, and even now the motivation and drive isn't there like it used to be. Kobe's potential would be wasted by him staying there - he's still very young and his best years are still ahead of him.

actually i think Kobe might stay with the Lakers even if shaq decides to retire...
Shaq IS the seoncd highest paid guy in the NBA...so I'm guessing the Lakers will be smart and bring in a player just as good (or as complimentary to Kobe) to make Kobe happy...

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001

What is the point??

rolleye.gif

"then no one will ever win again" it SHOULD have been "then no one ELSE will ever win again."

Does he REALLY need you to point it out? Much less anyone else? I mean if it makes you feel like more of a man to point out someones shortcomings......

Pointless.

Anyways. I'm not surprised he'll try and leave L.A. I think he realizes that without Shaq (and the crappy supporting cast they have) He has no real chance to keep winning. Honestly he's a great player, but lets see what he can do with a mediocre team and his leadership capabilities. We've not really seen much of that. Also I'd like to see what he does without Phil.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003

What is the point??

rolleye.gif

Does he REALLY need you to point it out? Much less anyone else? I mean if it makes you feel like more of a man to point out someones shortcomings......

Pointless.

Anyways. I'm not surprised he'll try and leave L.A. I think he realizes that without Shaq (and the crappy supporting cast they have) He has no real chance to keep winning. Honestly he's a great player, but lets see what he can do with a mediocre team and his leadership capabilities. We've not really seen much of that. Also I'd like to see what he does without Phil.

And how is what your doing ANY different than what i did??

you fvcking hypocrite.

Stark

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2000
I think the collective bargaining agreement for the NBA is up for renewal next year. If he signs now, he could be giving up millions.

He'll stay with the Lakers. His wife's family lives here and I doubt she wants to leave.

LeeTJ

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Stark
I think the collective bargaining agreement for the NBA is up for renewal next year. If he signs now, he could be giving up millions.

He'll stay with the Lakers. His wife's family lives here and I doubt she wants to leave.

EXACTLY, someone finally got it right.

yes, he is NOT going to sign an extension now, especially with collective bargaining agreement to renew next year and we all KNOW that caps will go up, NEVER go down.