Known al-Qaida affiliated websites are warning Muslims to leave New York, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
BUT.. I thought we captured Saddam???

Muslims warned
to leave U.S. cities
Al-Qaida websites claim New York, Washington, Los Angeles are targets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: December 24, 2003
11:23 a.m. Eastern

Known al-Qaida affiliated websites are warning Muslims to leave New York, Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles ahead of massive attacks it claims have been planned for those cities.

The statements, posted on sites such as Al-Lewa ? Arabic for "The Banner" ? are part of the alarming increase in "chatter" among terrorist operatives in recent weeks cited by Homeland Security officials for raising the terror threat level to high, or orange, reports the New York Post.

Officials told the paper the CIA, FBI and National Security Agency consider the messages "pieces of the overall puzzle."

Counterterrorism experts uncovered and translated statements boasting of an impending wave of terror that started Nov. 15 after the suicide bombings in Istanbul, Turkey.

"The next al-Qaida attacks will be most violent and will target the U.S.," read one claim translated by Rita Katz, director of the SITE Institute.

"Our Muslim brothers in America, this is our final warning. We ask you, as fast as you can, to leave the following cities immediately: Washington, D.C., New York City, Los Angeles," read a second message posted Thursday by a group calling itself the Islamic Bayan Movement.

According to the messages, the jihadists apparently are pleased with the terror alert issued by government agencies and the anxiety it prompts for travelers this holiday week.

Katz said one message published quoted al-Qaida's mouthpiece, the Global Islamic Media Society, in saying it took delight that Americans are now "living in a state of anxiety and constant fear."

"You will forget about Manhattan events. Be prepared," the statement concluded.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36297

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003
Who was it it that said the U.S. would be safe now that Saddam was captured? Can someone post a link for me please?
kthxbye

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Okay, just to get back on topic - where there any sort of precursors to 9.11 on these sort of message boards?

Could they also be a red herring, knowing that the U.S. government is watching these sites? Divert their attention to the big three, then attack, say, Chicago, or Phoenix?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: X-Man
Okay, just to get back on topic - where there any sort of precursors to 9.11 on these sort of message boards?

Could they also be a red herring, knowing that the U.S. government is watching these sites? Divert their attention to the big three, then attack, say, Chicago, or Phoenix?

Of course that's a possibility. Just like it's possible that France was acting in a responsible manner for cancelling those flights. ;)

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
"Of course that's a possibility. Just like it's possible that France was acting in a responsible manner for cancelling those flights."

The Bush administration has figured out that having these raised terror alerts wasn't helping their cause. Each time they have raised the alert status we have done basically nothing and nothing has happened. France has acted at our request to halt flights based on supposed chatter about an impending event. So now we are actually doing something to halt terrorism. Because of this action the masses will perceive that these prevention measures were successful when nothing happens this time. Because of this success we will be even more willing to give up personal rights such as due process, unreasonable searches, etc. And in an effort to continue in this fashion don't be surprised if some sort of terrorist event is successful the next time we have a raised terrorist alert. Just part of the plan in keeping us believing that the Bush is our savior.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: conehead433
"Of course that's a possibility. Just like it's possible that France was acting in a responsible manner for cancelling those flights."

The Bush administration has figured out that having these raised terror alerts wasn't helping their cause. Each time they have raised the alert status we have done basically nothing and nothing has happened. France has acted at our request to halt flights based on supposed chatter about an impending event. So now we are actually doing something to halt terrorism. Because of this action the masses will perceive that these prevention measures were successful when nothing happens this time. Because of this success we will be even more willing to give up personal rights such as due process, unreasonable searches, etc. And in an effort to continue in this fashion don't be surprised if some sort of terrorist event is successful the next time we have a raised terrorist alert. Just part of the plan in keeping us believing that the Bush is our savior.

And of course if they'd done nothing, and an attack had occured, you'd be harping on the administration then as well. Gosh, it's so easy to be a naysayer . . .

Drift3r

Jun 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Gaard
Originally posted by: X-Man

Of course that's a possibility. Just like it's possible that France was acting in a responsible manner for cancelling those flights. ;)

Galt would say that it was Chirac's fault and that the French called those flights to re-arm the terrorist on board and provide them with better assistance in attacking U.S. targets.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Drift3r
LoL - You guys should visit the website www.al-lewa.com, they have been hacked to death !

Jesus Drifter and I wandered over to their video links. What some sick sh!t to watch x-mas night. I think I'll go vomit now :( More from the religion of peace.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by: alchemize
LoL - You guys should visit the website www.al-lewa.com, they have been hacked to death !

Jesus Drifter and I wandered over to their video links. What some sick sh!t to watch x-mas night. I think I'll go vomit now :( More from the religion of peace.

Was it a video of Daniel Pearl the Jewish journalist killed in Pakistan?? They were using that video for recruiting radical muslim youths... :(

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: dahunan
Originally posted by: alchemize

Was it a video of Daniel Pearl the Jewish journalist killed in Pakistan?? They were using that video for recruiting radical muslim youths... :(

There were several videos. One appeared to be a russian soldier, the other somebody the taliban took the knife to. I stopped after watching 2. Probably still will have nightmares.

Wow they said something on their website. It must be true if it's on the intarweb! I am leaving NYC right now. teh internet saved my life!