Klipsch promedia 2.1 vs. GMX A-2.1

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by stevet47, May 2, 2004.

1. stevet47

stevet47 Junior Member

Klipsch is selling refurbished products cheap and I am in the market for a 2.1 system. They are selling both their origonal ProMedia 2.1 and their newer GMX A-2.1 for $99, which would you recomend? The ProMedia's have a THX certification, the sub has 130watts and they were thought to be the best when they came out, while the GMX's dont have the THX certification and the sub only has 75watts. I have heard that the GMX A-2.1 is the best 2.1 system out there, but then I also heard that their output is a little weak. What do you think.
    By the way, I only have the standard sound card that comes with a new Dell, so it's nothing special (SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio)

I dont use it for gaming, only listening to music on my comp.

What do you think??

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Klipsch promedia Forum Date
    Need advice on replacing ceramic capacitors (in Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's) General Hardware May 27, 2015
    Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 & X-Fi Titanium HD hookup? General Hardware Sep 27, 2012
    Alternative to Klipsch Promedia Ultra 5.1? General Hardware May 15, 2012
    SB X-fi Titanium HD + Klipsch Promedia 2.1 General Hardware Jul 24, 2011
    How much is a set of klipsch promedia 5.1's worth? General Hardware Jul 5, 2011

3. Viper0329

Viper0329 Platinum Member

ProMedia > GMX

4. stevet47

stevet47 Junior Member

care to elaborate?

5. helloguy

helloguy Senior member

basically promedia is a more powerful speaker than the gmx,by comparing the specs from klipsch.com .In real life, it means it can blast with more clarity at higher volume.Anyway, I'd say go with the promedia 2.1 instead,though its few bux more expensive than GMX.