Klipsch 5.1's, they just got here :) w00t!!! THEY WORK!

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
first thoughts, as far as unpacking them... wow.. that is a big sub, i haven't yet got them hooked up to my extigy... but oooo how i can't wait :D

who all here has the 5.1's?

oh yea... thanks nik!!! haha!

edit: The sub was working fine last night... left them on and went to bed... now i get up this morning and the sub isn't working... wtf is going on here??!!! there is no way that i could've blown the sub... there would atleast be some sort of noise out of it then... do they have some stupid power thing????!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

edit2: well here comes another shameless plug for the boys at pchertz.com... told them about my problem, they said that they would send my sub in and give me the sub from the set they had there... well now i'm at home listining to my awsome klipsch 5.1's... they are all working great for now :) thanks for those who helped... hopefully i won't need anymore advice on this issue.

boyRacer

Lifer
Oct 1, 2001
Got one too!... but i haven't tested them out yet... i'm still working on my case... maybe next week... off topic but how long are you supposed to break in new speakers anyway? Some say an hour or two... what do you play during those hours... i've seen people break them in for a whole week. :confused:

UCDznutz

Banned
May 11, 2002
don't have the cash so i got the 2.1's. they freakin rock! can't imagine how the 5.1's are. good stuff man.

pac1085

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
I got them too and love em. Just finished watching blade 2, sounded AWESOME.

I was suprised by the size of the sub too, but hey, bigger is better :p

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
My brother got 5.1's and he broke them in by hooking them up
and blasting Bizkit as loud as he possibly could.
Then Sabbath.
Then Maiden.
Then Priest.

That must be the magic combination because they still sound awesome.

pac1085

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2000
Originally posted by: freakflag
My brother got 5.1's and he broke them in by hooking them up
and blasting Bizkit as loud as he possibly could.
Then Sabbath.
Then Maiden.
Then Priest.

That must be the magic combination because they still sound awesome.

Haha, I was hoping that said he broke them by blasting "bizkit" as loud as he could.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
The 5.1s are so sweeeeet! I'll be watching this unwrapped(never before seen) dvd of Black Hawk Down sometime. It's been sitting here for 3 days. :D

bmd

Golden Member
Feb 17, 2001
I got the 2.1s and they're sweet. Can only imagine that the 5.1s are all that much more beautiful.

HendrixFan

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2001
4 hours and no update from stev0. That prolly means he is enjoying them, I know I love my set.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
wtf?!?! the sub was working fine last night, i left them on and went to sleep... i got up this morning and the sub dosen't work.... what the he11 is going on?!

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: HendrixFan
4 hours and no update from stev0. That prolly means he is enjoying them, I know I love my set.

god you better believe that i was enjoying them... last night when the sub was working?! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS NUTS WTF IS GOING ON!!!!

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
Originally posted by: stev0
ever have problems with the subbbb?! ahhhhhhh this is driving me nuts!

un plug everything, turn them off, let them sit.. then plug everythign back in, hook all the stuff back up, and try them again-- if they still dont work-- maybe their is something wrong with them?!

or possibly try hooking them up to another source other than the computer, like a cd player or tv and see if that does it.

oh, and double check the settings on the main spaeker to make sure the sub volume hasnt been turned down all the way.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: Rallispec
Originally posted by: stev0
ever have problems with the subbbb?! ahhhhhhh this is driving me nuts!

un plug everything, turn them off, let them sit.. then plug everythign back in, hook all the stuff back up, and try them again-- if they still dont work-- maybe their is something wrong with them?!

or possibly try hooking them up to another source other than the computer, like a cd player or tv and see if that does it.

oh, and double check the settings on the main spaeker to make sure the sub volume hasnt been turned down all the way.

checked settings on the schweet little dongle ;) tried the different sources... the current computer and the one right next to it... right now they are sitting for a while.... i don't see what couldve gone wrong... oooo i'm going to be hopping mad if i gotta package these things up and send them back.... :|

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: fatbaby
do the speakers power on?

all the speakers are working great... just no sub.... also, the center and sub are running from the same output... and the center is sounding just fine....

Rallispec

Lifer
Jul 26, 2001
make sure all the plugs on the back of the sub are plugged in all the way and not lose.
and compleetely unplug them from the outlet and then plug them back in..

that seriously would suck if something went wrong and you have to return them.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
still nothing after sitting for... 30 min maybe? I was thinking maybe there is something wrong with my soundcard... i don't have anything else that has a front/rear/c-sub out on it... but if the center is working, the sub should be too... right?

wow... this isn't very cool... someone tell me there is something that i am doing wrong and that there really isn't something wrong with the sub.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Rallispec
i've got the 4:1's and love them. great speakers~!!
I bought that dual 4.1 setup, WAY too much, have to use the one set only. The dual set is just double the 4.1, 2 subs and 4 small. I can only turn them up a little without blowing out windows, they are great. Klipsch speakers are well known for their quality.

If you can afford the 5.1 get them, the 4.1 is even too much for me (sound that is).

EDIT: wish I read this first. Are you sure your sound card supports these? If not there may be some settings you can change.