Kinsey? Sideways? Anyone seen either one?

KillyKillall

Diamond Member
Jul 1, 2004
Anyone seen either one? Something I'm missing that I should go see?

Also considering The Machinist.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
I haven't seen Sideways or Kinsey, but if I had to choose between one or the other I'd pick Sideways.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Sideways is a good bet for most people considering the three you mentioned. It's funny, sweet in an unsweet way, and interesting.

Feb 10, 2000
Sideways is brilliant and hilarious. Kinsey is not a comedy in any form or fashion, and by far a worse film IMO (though it's not bad). I'd go Sideways, but YMMV.

jst0ney

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2003
I've wanted to see both of these movies for quite awhile. The problem is the my GF usually picks the movies (well at least ever since i took her ot Kill Bill). I"m so sick of romantic comedy and feel good movies I could puke.

DaVortex

Mar 9, 2004
I saw Sideways the other night and it is the best movie this year (IMHO) also sideways has a scene where you can see a penis so that will turn you ghey also.

LordSnailz

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
haven't seen either but come back and let us know if you liked the movie ... which ever you end up picking.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
So many good movies out right now...Sideways, Million Dollar Baby, Hotel Rwanda and The Aviator should be at the top of everybody's lists. The Machinist and Kinsey will be harder to find as they've been out for a while now...and if you're looking for a funnier, lighter movie, The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou is highly recommended (Sideways fits as a comedic piece as well).

It's hard to lose right now unless end up seeing something like Coach Carter or Racing Stripes.

Don't forget about "In Good Company"...after "About a Boy", I'll give Paul Weitz a try for anything he does.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
Originally posted by: EvilYoda
So many good movies out right now...Sideways, Million Dollar Baby, Hotel Rwanda and The Aviator should be at the top of everybody's lists. The Machinist and Kinsey will be harder to find as they've been out for a while now...and if you're looking for a funnier, lighter movie, The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou is highly recommended (Sideways fits as a comedic piece as well).

It's hard to lose right now unless end up seeing something like Coach Carter or Racing Stripes.

Don't forget about "In Good Company"...after "About a Boy", I'll give Paul Weitz a try for anything he does.

Million Dollar Baby won't be released in most places until Jan 28. Hotel Rwanda is here, but I doubt it's everywhere.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I saw Sideways tonight... I thought it was pretty overrated. there was nothing in it that was exceptionally bad, but nothing that was exceptionally good either.

think Lost in Translation meets Seinfeld, but minus the good parts of each.

cheesehead

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Modeps
Kinsey has gay stuff in it, if you cant handle that... see Sideways.

Bah. Homophobes, the lot of you.

Me? I'm going to see Kinsey.

Originally posted by: jst0ney
I've wanted to see both of these movies for quite awhile. The problem is the my GF usually picks the movies (well at least ever since i took her ot Kill Bill). I"m so sick of romantic comedy and feel good movies I could puke.

You must learn to like bad romantic comedies by becoming desensitized to them. Start with shakespeare (A midsummer night's dream is perhaps the world's first feel-good romantic comedy) and work your way down to "Sweet Home Alabama". I can now see movies in the order of "Spanglish" and even find myself moderately amused. Finally, an area in which I truly have "1337 skillz".

Also.... Kill Bill? What the heck were you thinking!