Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=204737104

Kingston 2GB Hi-Speed DataTraveler USB Flash Drive
$10.95
free shipping
no rebates

This is probably the cheapest so far without having to do rebates/GCO. Of course if you do GCO then it is under a buck. It is a "capless" design so the USB connector retracts into the body of the device. This is nice in that you don't have a cap to lose, but does make it larger overall.

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: ActiveX
It's 95 cents shipped with google checkout.

I already mentioned that in the OP.

"Of course if you do GCO then it is under a buck."

Originally posted by: bluesubaru
currently "on order" 12/8 12:46 EST

Now says "In Stock Soon: Usually Ships in 3 to 5 business days" 1/8 1:11pm CST.

Originally posted by: ITSAMB
hey can some one tell me, does it support USB 1.1 and 2 also.

Yes.

gba

Apr 1, 2002
Significant imo that these things come with a five year warranty. If it dies on your keychain you may be able to get a replacement. I had a Sandisk Micro do that after three years or so. I should f/o if I can get it replaced.. hmmmmm?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Originally posted by: gba
Significant imo that these things come with a five year warranty. If it dies on your keychain you may be able to get a replacement. I had a Sandisk Micro do that after three years or so. I should f/o if I can get it replaced.. hmmmmm?

I had a 2GB Kingston Traveldrive replaced a couple months back. They pay for shipping both ways by 2 day FedEx delivery. After you get the RMA approved, Kingston emails you a link to print the shipping label where you drop the RMA off at FedEx. I sent mine on a Monday and I received the replacement back on Friday.

I also RMAd a dual channel PC-5300 last summer and again, the shipping ways paid both ways and it was returned less than a week after I sent it in.

gba

Apr 1, 2002
Originally posted by: esquared
Originally posted by: gba

I had a 2GB Kingston Traveldrive replaced a couple months back. They pay for shipping both ways by 2 day FedEx delivery. After you get the RMA approved, Kingston emails you a link to print the shipping label where you drop the RMA off at FedEx. I sent mine on a Monday and I received the replacement back on Friday.

I also RMAd a dual channel PC-5300 last summer and again, the shipping ways paid both ways and it was returned less than a week after I sent it in.

you gotta love paid two-way shipping!

EDIT: 1/10:

"Temporarily Sold Out.
More inventory may be available. Place your order today and be one of the first to receive this product when it arrives!"

LurkingInNC

Nov 2, 2001
Back in stock.

I noticed that the GCO discount no longer works by creating a new account using just a new email addy. Out of curiosity does anyone know what they key first time users on now, CC, name & address, phone number?