Kingston 2GB Datapak $179 @shop.kingston.com

mrbentley

Jul 17, 2001
shop.kingston.com
Now through February 28, 2002 Kingston is offering great pricing on products that add capacity to your Digital Camera, PDA, Laptop or other Electronic Device.

DATAPAK - 2GB PORTABLE HARD DISK - $179.00

The DataPak PC Card is a 2GB portable hard disk drive which fits into any Type II PC Card slot. Use it to back up data or expand the capacity of your laptop, PDA* or other compatible device.

Part Number - DP-PCM2/2GB BUY NOW

96MB COMPACT FLASH CARD - $47.00

A Kingston Compact Flash card can add storage to your digital camera, PDA, MP3 player or cellular phone. The CF/96 offers 96MB of storage capacity in a Type I CompactFlash card. Quantities are limited.

Part Number - CF/96 BUY NOW

This is on closeout
DATAPAK 260MB
DATAPAK 260MB PC CARD TYPE II HARD DRIVE
$69.00

TechDreamer

Feb 7, 2002
This is better than the IBM microdrive if you are going to use it in a pc card slot. It seems like a waste to pay more for the IBM's compact size and then stick it in a pc card holder. I have an HP620lx handheld and the IBM drive won't work in the CF slot. I would love to run a hard drive the in the pc card slot on my HP, but I think I will stick with my 128 CF card for now. Toshiba is coming out with their 20 GB pc card soon and that should dump the prices on the smaller capacities.

hans007

Lifer
Feb 1, 2000
yea the toshiba drive will probably be type 3 though and probably cost like $500. they use it in the new portege 2000

maxxas

Jul 20, 2001
Does anyone know if these are supported by Windows CE? I have an ePods (and eSlate on the way, thanks to this forum), and I would love to use the PCMCIA slot to transfer pictures from a CF card. Am currently using an Iomega Clik drive but it's SLOW and at 40 Meg, takes alot of swapping to unload a 256 Meg CF card.

Joony

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2001
this is a hotter deal then the 1gb microdrive for 190! @ Iomega. Yes it works in win ce.

TechDreamer

Feb 7, 2002
Pc card hard drives are now in the type II form factor. The real old ones were type III. They are available at fire sale prices because no one wants one.

GasPath

Jan 10, 2001
Well, their site says this works with iPAQ's so I'm assuming they are using the PCMCIA adapter. I have one on mine. But some things don't work too hot with it (Iomega Cliks=NOGO). This may be what I need for pictures and music.

esebastian

Apr 30, 2001
Gaspath, I don't think the datapak use an adapter, it's a full type 2 card. A CF card is type 1 and uses an adapter (you can see the different sizes on their webpage).

maxxas

Jul 20, 2001
I think GasPath is referring to the clip on PC Card adapter for the iPaq, not a CF to PCMCIA adapter. Both the Iomega Clik drives and the Kingston are Type II PCMCIA cards, and I have had success running the Clik drive with CE devices using some obscure Iomega drivers found on the Sharp Japan site.

If someone can confirm (from experience) that the Kingston is supported under CE, I might have to jump in on this deal.