KINGS vs MAVs: DOUBLE OT!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Rickten
Originally posted by: Angrymarshmello
Originally posted by: friedpie
They play again tomorrow (actually today since it's 1 am EST). I hope my boy Dirk doesn't run out of gas.

It's cool none of the Kings fans have used Webber's injury as an excuse.

Dirk was off most of the game. They could have used him in the clutch but he was missing shots left and right. Luckily Van Exel has pulled through this series to make up for Dirk's slack

He had twenty rebounds if I recall and 25 points so he wasn't totally useless. But wow van exel is seriously on fire. Even nash had 31. This is the main reason why I like the mavs. It seems like they are more of a team. Unlike the lakers where the team seems to look to Kobe for the win every single game and if Kobe can't produce than they have problems.

Yea but clutch time is 4th quarter. iirc he had maybe one shot go in and a couple FT (including OT). The Wizard was instrumental in the win though

YaKuZa

Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Feanor727

A. The "pass" to Nelson was because that fvcktard jackson was holding Nash.

No way Nash would've caught that ball anyway.

Kings have nobody in the clutch. Bibby is probably their best clutch player, but he hasn't been a factor in the playoffs this year.
Mav's defense needs help. But more importantly, WHY DOES Christie bring up his hand after EVERY play? Anybody else find it annoying and dumb? It's almost as annoying as Kidd blowing a kiss to the basket during his free throws.

Also, to the comment about the championship going to the Kings, Mavs, Lakers, or Spurs. I don't think the Kings will make it past the Lakers/Spurs matchup IF they even do get past the Mavs.

Apr 5, 2000
Originally posted by: YaKuZa

Kings have nobody in the clutch. Bibby is probably their best clutch player, but he hasn't been a factor in the playoffs this year.
Mav's defense needs help. But more importantly, WHY DOES Christie bring up his hand after EVERY play? Anybody else find it annoying and dumb? It's almost as annoying as Kidd blowing a kiss to the basket during his free throws.

Also, to the comment about the championship going to the Kings, Mavs, Lakers, or Spurs. I don't think the Kings will make it past the Lakers/Spurs matchup IF they even do get past the Mavs.

A little high, yes. A blatant hold by jackson though

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Ouch, this has got to hurt the Kings. Losing Webber is bad enough, but losing this game was even worse. The momentum is definitely on the Mavs side, I wouldn't be surprised if they sweep the next two games.

And what Kings fan in their right mind wouldn't use Webber's injury as an excuse? It's quite a legitimate excuse considering Webber leads the Kings in ppg, assists, and rebounds.

dethman

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999

But more importantly, WHY DOES Christie bring up his hand after EVERY play? Anybody else find it annoying and dumb?

that pussy whipped sorry excuse for a man should be shot.

Rickten

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001

on a similiar note, anyone notice during the laker games that the camera cuts to madsen on the sideline with his hands in the air A LOT. I swear I want to punch that guy in face. Everytime Kobe makes a basketball madsen is standing up and putting his hands in the air and they actually show it. That guy pisses me off.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

on a similiar note, anyone notice during the laker games that the camera cuts to madsen on the sideline with his hands in the air A LOT. I swear I want to punch that guy in face. Everytime Kobe makes a basketball madsen is standing up and putting his hands in the air and they actually show it. That guy pisses me off.

You have issues if you get annoyed with Madsen as opposed to any other NBA player.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002

Madsen's ENTHUSIASM-PASSION-DESIRE-FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!! motivates his teamamtes and everyone loves him...

Irritates even the best offensive players....

Did you see him Punk that old man Steve Smith?>>> Lakers were trying to run the clock down at the end of the blowout on Friday and Smith steals it and shoots a shot.. After that Madsen too the pass and with the shot clock winding down buries a shot from high at the top of the key LOL -- MADSEN IS THE BEST!

He still drives a older Chevy Blazer and is the TRUE WORKHORSE OF THAT TEAM .. Strong As an Ox and has a degree in Economics from Stanford

Apr 17, 2003
i feel sorry for all you mavs fans. what does it matter if they win? they are gonna get OWNED by SA or LA next round (preferrably SA)