Kinda pissed off...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: jagec
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: eigen
walmart is fascist

:roll:

Walmart is not a government. They cannot be fascist. They are exercising their rights and freedoms by selling only what they want to sell.

Fascist is a big word to be throwing around. Especially when you obviously have no idea what it means

Well, they could be fascist...maybe they're secretly planning to overthrow the government and institute their own rule?

Mussolini was considered a fascist before he was Il Duce...

:p

trinketsummoner

Aug 24, 2004
Good ol' Walmart. Cant buy a CD that they think ~may~ be offensive to some people but you can go buy a gun and some bullets and go kill someone! Oh and they banned mags like Maxim and FHM too.

Im so glad i stopped shopping there. (I just wasnt white trash enough anyways :p)

NiKeFiDO

Diamond Member
May 21, 2004
Originally posted by: SpazzyChicken
I was reading your story and saw "Walmart" and "Bought CD" and I knew it wasn't going to end well.

Lesson learned. Never buy music at walmart.

me2.

walmart = all "clean"

agnitrate

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
walmart is fascist

Walmart is not a government. They cannot be fascist. They are exercising their rights and freedoms by selling only what they want to sell.

Fascist is a big word to be throwing around. Especially when you obviously have no idea what it means

Fascist :
1. often Fascist An advocate or adherent of fascism.
2. A reactionary or dictatorial person.

Fascist is a big word to be throwing around. Especially when you obviously have no idea what it means.

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: SpazzyChicken
I was reading your story and saw "Walmart" and "Bought CD" and I knew it wasn't going to end well.

Lesson learned. Never buy music at walmart.

:(

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
i've never understood all the stories on AT that go: "so i was milling about when i decided to buy some *." like they're just wandering around when suddenly a voice from god comes down and says "CONSUME." :confused:

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
walmart is fascist

well they do use propaganda to "inform" prospective employees about the "evils" of labor organization...
and they spread out and infiltrate new territory, aiming to take over an area's established way of life and become all there is... allowing them to dictate what people can buy and what they pay for it...
they do everything in their power to reduce their employees to mindless drones...

you could actually write a fun college essay on it, i'd bet.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
Let that be a lesson to you and everyone else. DON'T BUY MUSIC AT WALMART! Walmart has been doing this since the mid-90's. There was controversy because they made Sheryl Crowe edit her CD because she had a song that mentioned "buying a gun from a Wal-Mart store".

BIG PROBLEM ---> Wal-mart is so HUGE and has such a large market share that manufacturers will produce "special" versions of products to sell based upon Wal-Mart's specifications. You may not be getting exactly what you think you're paying for. This doesn't end at CD's. Remember, Wal-Mart will stop at nothing to shave a few pennies off their merchandise, including letting quality suffer. Buyer Beware.

Rock Hydra

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
i've never understood all the stories on AT that go: "so i was milling about when i decided to buy some *." like they're just wandering around when suddenly a voice from god comes down and says "CONSUME." :confused:

Hmmm...Well, it kinda happened that way. I walked by all the music and I thought..."I'm going to go buy some." Then the purchasing of the music, a package of Beef Jerkey and a Mountain Dew ensued.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
walmart is fascist

well they do use propaganda to "inform" prospective employees about the "evils" of labor organization...
and they spread out and infiltrate new territory, aiming to take over an area's established way of life and become all there is... allowing them to dictate what people can buy and what they pay for it...
they do everything in their power to reduce their employees to mindless drones...

you could actually write a fun college essay on it, i'd bet.

Paranoia will destroy ya...

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: agnitrate
walmart is fascist

Fascist :
1. often Fascist An advocate or adherent of fascism.
2. A reactionary or dictatorial person.

Fascist is a big word to be throwing around. Especially when you obviously have no idea what it means.

So anyone who exercises their freedom and refuses to sell a product that offends them are fascists?

Is the vegetarian who refuses to sell meat a fascist?

Is the liberal who refuses to sell pro-Bush merchandice a fascist?

Get a clue.

Vette73

Lifer
Jul 5, 2000
:thumbsup:
Originally posted by: trinketsummoner
Good ol' Walmart. Cant buy a CD that they think ~may~ be offensive to some people but you can go buy a gun and some bullets and go kill someone! Oh and they banned mags like Maxim and FHM too.

Im so glad i stopped shopping there. (I just wasnt white trash enough anyways :p)

dman

Diamond Member
Nov 2, 1999
Originally posted by: Marlin1975
:thumbsup:
Originally posted by: trinketsummoner

Not that I agree with edited music, but, a minor can't (in theory) go in and buy a gun/bullets (maybe a bb-gun, and I think you have to be 16 for that). However, minors can buy magazines and music. Hence, the policies (no FHM/Maxim; Edited CD's) are to appeal to parents who do not want to monitor what their children are buying.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: FoBoT
i :heart: walmart, but i don't buy music from walmart, EVER

i hate walmart
i have to buy stuff there anyway, but i hate the place

one thing id never buy is music there though