Kinda dumb question...

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
You know the write-in section of the ballot? Do those get tracked? For example, let's say that 20,000 people write in "Colin Powell," will there be some record of that? I'm just curious, 'cause it'd be kinda cool to write in your own name, & get that on the record that you were a write-in presidential candidate...

:D

Viper GTS

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
I'm pretty sure they get ignored.

But I'm both a) a minor, and b) one who just doesn't care and/or know enough about the electoral system.

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Not a dumb question.

If there is a blank for a write-in then I would think it has to be recorded.

Else, what would be the point.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
woodie1...

That's what I would of thought, but what are the odds that a write-in will even get 1% of the vote count a major party candidate gets? So what's the point of recording them?

Viper GTS

AMDJunkie

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 1999
Well, it is there, ya know, and it can be used legitimatly, so I guess it is useless, huh? :p

The reason they record them is because in the election we're going to have, no one is going to vote for those two schmucks, they'll be busy demanding me for dictator through write-in. Hey, it's what the people want!

Pretender

Banned
Mar 14, 2000
AMD: give me your real name (or just make something up if you don't trust me), I'll convince my parents that the candidates suck and get them to vote for you for dictator. ;)

Pastfinder

Platinum Member
Jul 2, 2000
Yes, technically speaking, EVERY single write in vote is documented, along with all of the other votes.