Kind of an odd question: How much do Wal Mart Store Managers and Assistant Managers make?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by tnitsuj, Feb 2, 2004.

1. tnitsuj

tnitsuj Diamond Member

2. MercenaryForHire

Stay in school and you'll never have to worry. :beer:

- M4H

3. Ranger X

Ranger X Lifer

My guess is ~30k.

4. tnitsuj

tnitsuj Diamond Member

It's not for me. I would rather cut off both my testicles than work at Wal Mart.

5. v3rrv3

v3rrv3 Golden Member

Probably quite a bit. I saw this thing on the news where I forget which number goes where but non union workers and union cashiers make like $10 and $19 dollars an hour :-x

- Kevin

6. rudder

rudder Lifer

I have heard walmart managers do quite well. A alrge portion comes from bonuses. Of course they probably experience 80 hour weeks and have to deal with a whole assortment of crap I would not wish on my worst enemy.

7. shenaniganz

shenaniganz Golden Member

They make a very comfortable living. Sometimes their bonuses can be 20,000 or more depending on how big their store is. That's in addition to the six figures that some of the larger store managers make. But, yes, they do have to work long and bad hours.

8. jeffrey

jeffrey Golden Member

$90,000/year Regular Wal-Mart
    $140,000/year Wal-Mart Supercenter

This is for a store manager. These figures can go ~$20K higher with bonuses.
    Work week around 60-70 hours.

9. AlienCraft

AlienCraft Lifer

Retail store managers, in general, make a decent base pay, and then work like hell for every BONUS penny that come their way. This is where the real money is, the bonus paid for every dollar of NET profit margin increased at their store. This varies from company to company.
    I am of the opinion that store managers for WAL-MART have made a pact with Satan and will get their bonus in HELL.:evil:

10. digitalsm

digitalsm Diamond Member

Thats way off.

When I worked in the grocery biz, the store director was pulling $150,000 salary, and typically a $50,000 bonus, plus stock options. Walmart cant be much different, grocery stores have thinner profit margins than Wal Mart.

11. Spoooon

Spoooon Lifer

I've heard managers at albertson's make upwards of 80-100k. Same for Luby's. I can't imagine Wal0Mart being different.

12. Lounatik

Lounatik Golden Member

Thats about right. I know a Wally supercenter mgr and he told me he was going to make close to 100k last year and his bonus was going to be around 90k also.

Peace

Lounatik

13. dullard

dullard Elite Member

I don't know about Walmart in particular. But I know some managers at similar stores and the base salary at the smallest chains is typically $60,000. The salary of course goes on up with experience and store size. The $100,000 numbers mentioned in this thread seem quite reasonable.

14. Vette73

Vette73 Lifer

Like some have said, high double digits for regular wal-marts and low/mid 100K area for super wal-marts. BUT expect to work 60-100!! Hours a week. A lot of marriages have ended when a spouse went to the Asst. and store manger level.

To me 40K a year with a good amount of free time is worth more then 100K and NO free time, PLUS all the headaches of a WAL-Mart