Kimmel banned from Monday Night Football

indamixx99

Golden Member
Oct 17, 2006
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/s...548?MSNHPHCP&GT1=10539

Report: Kimmel banned from MNF

Talk about cutting straight to the punch line.

It took Jimmy Kimmel a matter of 10 minutes to do what Dennis Miller needed two years to accomplish ? getting the heave-ho from "Monday Night Football."

ESPN will no longer allow Kimmel any guest appearances on MNF after the ABC late-night host made several jokes about recently-fired analyst Joe Theismann, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

Kimmel, who joined Mike Tirico, Tony Kornheiser and Ron Jaworski in the booth during the third quarter of the Giants' 31-10 win over the Falcons, joked about where Theismann was, insinuated that Kornheiser got Theismann fired (their on-air chemistry was often a topic of debate last season), and later remarked, "I'd also like to welcome Joe Theismann, watching from his living room with steam coming from his ears."

Kimmel's comments were "classless and disappointing," said Jay Rothman, ESPN's MNF producer, according to the Times. "It was cheap. The more he went on, the worse he got."

Rothman then affirmed that Kimmel would not be invited back.

Reached by the Times, Theismann said he was more amused than annoyed by Kimmel's comments.

"I don't have an opinion about what people say, but it's nice to know you're missed," Theismann said. "It's interesting that people remember me."

Theismann later added that MNF "has become Tony Kornheiser's show."

Edit: Woohoo, 500 posts!! :D

thawolfman

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Wow...

On Kornheiser...I love watching him on PTI because he actually has chemistry with Wilbon...

I can't say that I've actually watched a full MNF game this season, but from what I've seen of it, he definitely doesn't seem the same :confused:

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
I think MNF deserves to be banned from the airwaves before Kimmel gets banned from MNF.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Originally posted by: thawolfman
Wow...

On Kornheiser...I love watching him on PTI because he actually has chemistry with Wilbon...

I can't say that I've actually watched a full MNF game this season, but from what I've seen of it, he definitely doesn't seem the same :confused:

exactly my thoughts.
also, my appreciation for Kimmel is now +25

When I saw the title of this quote, without reading, I assumed the ban was from his appearance last year, with Theisman in the booth. Kimmel : So Joe, how's the leg?
I shit my pants after that.

Wish I watched enough of the game on Monday to hear him rail on Theisman a little more...oh well.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: zinfamous
Originally posted by: thawolfman
Wow...

exactly my thoughts.
also, my appreciation for Kimmel is now +25

When I saw the title of this quote, without reading, I assumed the ban was from his appearance last year, with Theisman in the booth. Kimmel : So Joe, how's the leg?
I shit my pants after that.

Wish I watched enough of the game on Monday to hear him rail on Theisman a little more...oh well.

same. i enjoy PTI. but he sucks on MNF

heh i heard the "how's the leg" question last year it was great.

i also watched the game monday. he did rag on Theisman but not to bad. but it was funny heh

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
It's been proven time and time again that it does not matter who is in the booth for MNF. The ratings will pretty much be predictable and the same. People care about who is playing the game not who is in the booth. If it's a good matchup, I don't care if the teletubbies are calling the game.

Acanthus

Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
ostif.org
As long as madden isnt announcing i approve.

"Now what they are gonna try to do is go up the field and get points more often than the other team gets points."

Thanks Madden.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Acanthus

"Now what they are gonna try to do is go up the field and get points more often than the other team gets points."

Thanks Madden.

I used to love Madden, mostly b/c he gave credit where it was due...the O and D lines. I can still here him "Over here you got big Gilbert Brown...see...see how he clogs up the middle right there....without him that D does not stuff the run. I bet that guy can eat a whole turkey!"

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: Acanthus

Thanks Madden.

Get Touch Actin' Tinactin!