Kimchi is disgusting....

SunnyD

Belgian Waffler
Jan 2, 2001
www.neftastic.com
Okay, so you don't like Kimchi. Your point?

I don't like pickled pigs feet. My point? I don't have one. You don't see me making threads about it though.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Yeah, I hate it too. Being half a Polack I thought I would love the stuff, but nope, not a fan at all.

KT

May 13, 2009
King brand spicy got me to post the thread above. I don't know how it compares to anything else, but I thought it was delicious.

Couldn't tell you about that brand personally. All the best I've ever eaten has been home made and IMO its never even been close. The stuff in a jar always tasted bad to me.

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Try it you would be surprised. I tried Haggis when I was staying at a B&B in Scotland, prepared by the host and I liked it.

Life is too short not to try different types of food.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
You buy kimchi? Gross. They never get it right.

i've never bought kimchi before, as my gf is korean and i get tons of homemade kimchi through her. she tells me that storebought kimchi is made using bleach, so that would explain why a lot of kimchi tastes bad compared to homemade.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Blech, looks like sushi without all the uncooked, raw, disgusting fish. No spank you, I'm with the OP.

darkxshade

Lifer
Mar 31, 2001
I disliked the taste when I was younger... I kinda like the tangy spicy taste now. I guess I've acquired it over the years.

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Blech, looks like sushi without all the uncooked, raw, disgusting fish. No spank you, I'm with the OP.

what? o_O

This is kimchi:

Kimchi_in_Korea.jpg

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Only time I've ever had Kimchi was at a Korean restaurant in China, so who knows how authentic it really was. Probably made using formaldehyde-laden industrial waste, who knows. It was a decent little appetizer that they brought out before your meal. A little weird; not sure I'd seek it out again but if I had the opportunity to try some real authentic stuff I would.

Gotta say, the worst thing I ever had in China is a toss up between stewed intestines (ordered accidentally twice before I learned what the character looked like so I could avoid it) and hot water on a hot day. The tap water there is not safe to drink so they always have boiled water available. Even when safe cold water is available people still drink hot water, even when it's hot out. I guess it's just what you get used to.