Kim Dotcom claims Biden behind MegaUpload shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
KDC makes his living from charging people to steal content, so his claim that the Stonecutters sent the word to Biden to raid MegaUpload should be taken with a shaker of salt.

heymrdj

Diamond Member
May 28, 2007
KDC makes his living from charging people to steal content, so his claim that the Stonecutters sent the word to Biden to raid MegaUpload should be taken with a shaker of salt.

While it is irrefutably true that KDC ran an illegal underground business, it's also irrefutably true that between actions in the war effort, international cover ups, and this raid with little concrete evidence that anything our government says in its defense of it actions need to be taken with salt mine of salt.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
KDC makes his living from charging people to steal content,

That is like saying GM and Ford are supported by drug deals who buy cars to ship drugs.

While there are people who used megaupload for copyright infringement, there were a lot of people who used it for legit reasons.

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
That is like saying GM and Ford are supported by drug deals who buy cars to ship drugs.

While there are people who used megaupload for copyright infringement, there were a lot of people who used it for legit reasons.

While that may be true I think you have to admit they generated 90+% of there revenue from people that used it to violate copyright law and they marketed there services toward that market. I have no idea if Biden was behind it but would not be suprised either way.

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
While that may be true I think you have to admit they generated 90+% of there revenue from people that used it to violate copyright law and they marketed there services toward that market. I have no idea if Biden was behind it but would not be suprised either way.

So by that logic the makers of ZigZag paper rollies should get shut down too?

What about the makers of after-market turbocharger kits for cars? They cater to people who use them to speed.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
A store that sells rolling papers is different from a site that knowingly helps distribute illegal content for money.

Zigzag doesn't include a baggie of weed with your papers. (As far as I know, I don't smoke.)

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
So by that logic the makers of ZigZag paper rollies should get shut down too?

What about the makers of after-market turbocharger kits for cars? They cater to people who use them to speed.

I would compare it to like what the Swiss banks do.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
joeicecream.jpg

"oh no! Joe ate all the ice cream!!!"

Who is Kim Dotcom's lawyer? Saul Goodman?

Hugo Drax

Diamond Member
Nov 20, 2011
Time to ban ohaus scales as well since they can be used for illicit purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.