KillyKillall takes a bad paint ball hit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SketchMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 23, 2005
Nice welt, but I have seen much much worse. The guys that I play with it wouldn't be odd to hear this in a game.

"Dude, your bleeding. BAD."

"I can still feel my gun hand, thats all I need. Now shut up and drag me to their base, I'm going to take the flag!"

MX2

Lifer
Apr 11, 2004
Tat that bad boy in permanent my man:)

I was hoping this thread would turn into a 'Jaws' like scenario trading battle wound stories:laugh:

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Originally posted by: JulesMaximus
Reason #1 why I don't get into paintball. Having someone shoot small hard objects at me at less than lethal speeds isn't something I care to experience.

That looks painful.

You make that sound like you would be alright with it if they were at greater than lethal speed. :confused: ;) :)

May 2, 2004
Originally posted by: soydios
A paintball isn't *that* powerful. Unless they're using a gun that's too fast (probably prohibited at the field) or freezing their paint (definitely prohibited).

WTF!!! Why would someone do that? :|

do what freeze it?

to cause PAIN silly ;)

BMdoobieW

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 2000
Reason #1 why I don't get into paintball. Having someone shoot small hard objects at me at less than lethal speeds isn't something I care to experience.

That looks painful.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
To everyone who thinks paintballs arent supposed to do that.... lol. Have you played with high velocity guns before? Ive gotten marks like that (not the wolverine slash though) at long range.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
my friend was messing around with a gun he just bought, and pretended to shoot my friend who was 4' away from him... and he got hit by a pink paintball that was in the chamber (brand new gun, remind you)... I guess he had a huge welt and bled like a trickle of blood.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
when they hit bare skin even at normal 300 FPS they will do that, plus teh skin on that part of yoru arm isnt as tempered to getting hit as say your forearm, i used to play alot and welts like that arnt uncommon at with normal conditions

long sleeve shirts FTW

NTB

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2001
The one and only time I played paintball, I caught a shot in the adam's apple from damn near point-blank. Had a mark for probably 2 years.

EDIT: Coulda been worse though, I guess: in a different round, a guy came limping with his hand over his crotch - you could see the bright orange paint on his pants between his fingers :p

Nate

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Those high velocity guns are a real b*tch. They sting like all holy hell.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
I call shens, there's no way a properly set marker should inflict that much damage.

There's a reason they have a 300fps limit, nobody wants to get stiched up after a game.

mattpegher

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2006
Look like someone was making field adjustments after clocking. Used to call them dial-a-welt. Got one in the neck once like that, had a bruise for 2 months.

Next time call "paint check" and have the ref pull the gun for a check.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
The only time I've been paintballing was great, but I took a close range shot to the high inner thigh...the bruise that it left made me very thankful that it was on my thigh and not 2" higher and a little to the right. :p

(No...no pics)

jtusa

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2004
I've had blood dripping from the arm and neck from hits before.

Tournament paintball ain't purty!