Killer Hamsters *UPDATED*

Jonny

Golden Member
Oct 26, 1999
Dont know how to speel hamsters, I think thats right, but I may be wrong. You know, the little rodents that look like mice.

Anyway, my younger sister has a couple of them. Today, I was workign away on my computer, and I got a little loney so I brought the cage over to my desk. :) They are apparently both females. Anyway, I was working away when I heard some noise, I look over and the one is beating this sh!t out of the other one, who was screaming away. This lasted about 5 mins.

Now they are sleeping together again, all is back to normal, except one is walks around really slow now and has a bad limp.

What happened to my hamster. It's an unsolved mystery.
-September 10, 2000

Update:
Hampter 2 is dead.
-September 13, 2000

DAM

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2000
hmm, they are both female you say? well, perhaps their hormones are taking over and one was trying to hump the other and what you witness was a weird hamster sexual act :Q

dam(humpty dumpty)

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
DAM: Twas my first thought too. Maybe Jonny should throw in a male and watch what happens. ;)

Zoltar

May 1, 2000
Baby Hamsters get along together. Adults are territorial.

They will continue to fight as long as they're in the same cage.

Of course, if you had a male and female, you'd definitely have little hamsters soon.

Jonny

Golden Member
Oct 26, 1999
Of course, if you had a male and female, you'd definitely have little hamsters soon.

Hell yeah! My brother found that out. He pretty much had a heard of them.

bigvince

Banned
Aug 25, 2000
ok now for an intelligent answer,

hampsters and other rodents are social animals and as such have a very structured life. what you saw was probably a display of dominance basicly one hampster saying to the other im boss so sit down! next time you feed them see which one eats first it will likely be the one that was beating up on the other hampster.

BIGVINCE

Zoltar

May 1, 2000

<< ok now for an intelligent answer >>

I kinda had a sense that you would be a hamster/gerbil expert.

BTW, you wouldn't happen to be from San Franciso would you BigVince?

Mem

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
I cannot believe I`m replying to this ,but buy two more males &amp; one more cage so you can have one of each sex in each cage,(soon you will need lots of little cages).

:)

nickdakick

Platinum Member
Jun 27, 2000
JellyBaby: Yeah man, wouldn't that be a cooool idea for dotcom bs startup ? Hamster fights via LiveCam on the net. ;) Just to eat a little bit more of that bandwidth.
EM: That's another one: hamster pr0n. LOL

Fathom4

Golden Member
Feb 11, 2000

<< That's another one: hamster pr0n. LOL >>

ROFLMAO I'd be laughing harder but you know it would probably be big!

Jonny

Golden Member
Oct 26, 1999
Sorry, reitz, if it comes to that he gets the bag/pond.

No, Iam just joking, actually my sister wants to keep the little killer, its a lot less noisy now since their are not 2 fighting all the time.

Jonny

Golden Member
Oct 26, 1999
reitz, it would be pretty funny.

For static reasons I will make sure I put him in static paper :) with some food, and I will fill the bag 1/2 with water too so he does not get thirsty. :)

reitz

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
Be sure to pack it properly, with plenty of bubble wrap. I don't accept improperly packed merchandise.

About shipping him insured: How much would a hamster cost?

What about a warranty? Can I ship it back if it's DOA?