"Kill the ******" game removed from Steam

Braznor

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2005
"Kill the lovely human" game removed from Steam

http://boingboing.net/2015/05/05/kill-the-lovely human-game-remov.html

Available for about two hours before an excoriating review by Jim Sterling alerted the world to its presence, Kill the lovely human pitched the player into a gun rampage where killing gay and transgender passers-by racked up the points.
Made by a Christian footwear promoter, the game was an attempt to prove a point by its creator, reports Ars Technica's Sam Machkovech.
"These people that think if you are even remotely homophobic, you are 'hateful' and a 'bigot,' and do everything they can to destroy you in every vicious way possible," [Randall] Herman wrote. "So I decided to go down a path that most developers are afraid to go down: to piss these people off by making the most overly offensive game possible to these idiots to prove a point."​
Point proven.
Wow, ha ha ha.

A fucked up world indeed. :D

Last edited:

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
religious tolerance ftw!

gonna make a game called bible thumpers it's just going to be christians fucking themselves.

Blanky

Platinum Member
Oct 18, 2014
Happy to see Steam taking the moral high ground. That is a rude game. Now if you will excuse me GTA V is almost finished downloading and I have a LOT of cops I want to kill.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
to piss these people off by making the most overly offensive game possible to these idiots to prove a point.
What point was he trying to make?

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I posted this yesterday in the crazy woman sues all homosexuals thread. Apparently no one bothered to look :)

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
"These people that think if you are even remotely homophobic, you are 'hateful' and a 'bigot,' and do everything they can to destroy you in every vicious way possible," [Randall] Herman wrote. "So I decided to go down a path that most developers are afraid to go down: to piss these people off by making the most overly offensive game possible to these idiots to prove a point."

So, he is pissed off that people hate those who openly hate homosexuals??

This concept of "I'm not a bigot, you are a bigot for calling me a bigot" is a buffoon's way of playing I Know You Are, But What Am I?

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
religious tolerance ftw!

gonna make a game called bible thumpers it's just going to be christians fucking themselves.

Nah, an adventure game like Leisure Suit Larry, but you are a priest trying to bed your alter boys. Just needs a catchy title!

KeithP

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2000
So, he is pissed off that people hate those who openly hate homosexuals??

No and you just proved his point by not getting his point.

The big story is not that some dumbass tried to "prove a point" in a bizarre way, it is that the game was available on Steam in the first place.

-KeithP

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I'm very interested in Christian shoes. The pun onslaught in upon us, beware.

Feb 16, 2005
who the fuck would make this game and even worse, who the fuck would spend money to play it? we really, really suck as a species.

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
"Forgive me Father" with a child kneeling as the logo.

If there's a hell I'm so going.

logo-catholic-priest.jpg

SlickSnake

Diamond Member
May 29, 2007
I posted this yesterday in the crazy woman sues all homosexuals thread. Apparently no one bothered to look :)

I saw it, and even reposted the link in that topic in my post, in case anyone missed it. But otherwise, I refused to post it as it's own link, for obvious reasons. Why would I want to give an religiturd asshole like that any more free press in his own topic here?

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
What point was he trying to make?

That people wouldn't tolerate him being a hateful bigoted asshole I guess?

I don't get the point either. It would have been more consistent with what he's saying if he made a game that was up to whatever "remotely homophobic" standard he thinks is excoriated and that resulted in a similar backlash, but that's not what he did so.. yeah, I dunno, I think this guy is just that stupid.