Kids in the UK as young as 8 to be taught boys can have periods too

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2013
Seriously?!

The fuss in the OP is about....

"Pupils with very early onset puberty and trans pupils and students are provided with additional support perhaps from a school nurse, if needed."

And.

"Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods."

Unless I missed something that's the only time trans people are mentioned and I can't see anything wrong with those statements at all!

@UglyCasanova That's what you are worried about?

Dude! It's the fucking end of western civilization. Damn right he's concerned.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Good to see the Daily Wail hasn't changed fundamentally, despite the new editor and change-of-sides on Brexit. Still searching high-and-low for obscure (in reality, utterly unexciting) stories to feed the craving for outrage of middle-England's curtain-twitchers. And now it can do it internationally! Curtain-twitching goes global!

Are children really so easily 'confused'? Human children develop the capacity for understanding things quite early, no? Obviously some regress when they grow up to become Daily Mail readers or Trump supporters.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
LOL, OP is very, very, very concerned about something and gain conflating the terms sex and gender in his concern.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
I wonder if the OP is concerned about the effects of other medical treatments?

Is he as concerned about say amputations and prosthetics? I mean here’s a bunch of people so carless they get a foot or leg blown off and then I’m supposed to pretend like a high tech peg leg makes them whole. And why do I have to give them the best parking spaces if they can walk on the prosthetics? I mean why are they getting special treatment for being so careless as to lose a limb?

It’s just another symptom of the end of western civilization. /s

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Once again, the OP proves how absolutely gullible he is and how completely incapable he is in evaluating sources of news and the claims those sources make.

Thanks for your concern.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I guess I’m not connecting the dots here, how is the article or title misleading?

"Trans boys and men and non-binary people may have periods."

I'll keep it short and simple.
A trans boy or trans man is a female.
A non-binary person can be male or female.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Seems pretty simple.

Straight female - you will have periods and you will be provided free period supplies if needed.
Straight male - you will not have a period but we will teach you about them so you understand what women go through.
Transgender male - you will have periods unless you actually change you physical sex characteristics.
Transgender female - you will not have periods, period.
Non-binary - you may or may not have a period depending on your physical sex characteristics.
Gender fluid - you may or may not have a period on any given day depending on your physical sex characteristics.
Queer/questioning - you are still trying to figure things out so you may or may not have a period.

We will provide red boxes in all school bathrooms so you will feel comfortable if you are a trans male using the “boys” bathroom

Anybody can get personal counseling if they are confused about all of this gender identity stuff.

Last edited:

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Seems pretty simple.

Transgender female - you will not have periods unless you actually change your physical sex characteristics.

no, they wont, even with surgery they will never have the organs to allow them to menstruate.

Last edited:

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
Once again, UC is deeply concerned that transgender people exist and might have different needs.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Seems pretty simple.

Transgender female - you will not have periods unless you actually change your physical sex characteristics.

That's incorrect.
edit: Already corrected

Last edited:

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
no, they wont, even with surgery they will never have the organs to allow the to menstruate.

You are correct. It has been corrected. I haven’t finished my first cup of Death Wish coffee. o_O

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
We are headed towards idiocracy, if anyone has seen the movie. END WELFARE PERIOD! We can still get rid of the cancer of society, all we need to do is cut welfare and natural selection will take its course.
You are a terrible human being.

Reactions: [DHT]Osiris

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I’ve known an awful lot of guys who seemed to be “Suffering from PMS” frequently...maybe they’re sort ot right?

edited due to my poor choice of wording

Last edited:

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Unfortunately with all the welfare provided to all these morons, they've been able to survive and spread and because of their brain retardation they have had no issue having 4-5 kids and going their whole life through welfare and we are now fully on in the generation where these retardation genes have spread out and these babies are now grown man and woman, though with the brains of 5yo retarded persons and making all these retarded decisions.

We are headed towards idiocracy, if anyone has seen the movie. END WELFARE PERIOD! We can still get rid of the cancer of society, all we need to do is cut welfare and natural selection will take its course.

So yeah, of course these morons believe misguided and unsure 10yo boys and/or girls can make life altering decisions at 10yo or younger.

Kids before puberty are not sexually developed, boys and girls are closer than ever biologically, chemically, etc.... Its NORMAL to have some "confusion" in a small part of them, in 90% of the cases(major studies) they grow out of it or become homosexual men/woman that live normal and happy lives. On the other part those 10% who transition live a terrible and depressed life and end up killing themselves in over 40% of the cases and if they don't kill themselves, they die on average before 50yo due to the sex altering drugs they've been injected with.

Their DNA is essentially male, but their bodies bombarded with the wrong chemicals, they end up dying a lot sooner than average.
Duuuude.. I dont care if wasnt your intent.. that was god damned funny :):):):)

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
You could say women have 3 weeks of sanity of the month where as men have 0.