Kids/homework/rant

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Why do kids always wait until it's too late that "oh, by the way, I have to print out the paper I wrote for homework" and "I have to have the paper I wrote on a disk, not a CD" and "It can't be done on wordperfect, but I used word perfect to type it up. It's gotta be something I can open at school" (I never bothered putting word back on the computer after the last reformat, and the kids' computer came with wordperfect, not word) And, yes, I can open a wordperfect document in word... but he doesn't know how to, and judging from last time, his teacher doesn't either.

GRRRR

And to top it off, the printer is out of ink. Why? Why did I let it run out of ink? I didn't. There's a pile of cheat codes for the X-Box about 100 pages thick next to the printer that wasn't there 5 or 6 days ago. Fortunately, I have 2 laser printers that I haven't bothered to putter around with... I *might* be able to get them working... or the old epson stylus color II circa win3.1. if I can find drivers for win98

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
It's below zero outside, and there's seven inches of snow. Walking out the door this morning, very close to late, 8th grader says "Oh, I need a bag of dirt from our yard for science class."

Hair dryer, extension cord, digging under the bushes where it's not as hard, yup.

Ain't parent life wonderful?

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
Originally posted by: badmouse
It's below zero outside, and there's seven inches of snow. Walking out the door this morning, very close to late, 8th grader says "Oh, I need a bag of dirt from our yard for science class."

Hair dryer, extension cord, digging under the bushes where it's not as hard, yup.

lmao!

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
Originally posted by: badmouse

hahahahaha. awesome.