Kids are Funny or How a 9-year old visited my house and got Jungle Fever

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
So, my wife had a wedding cake client over last week. She of course, brings her two 'ADD' boys (9 and 10) along along with her. The sister of the client told us that they had ADD but I think it was more like DDD (Discipline Deficit Disorder) because the mom never once told the kids 'no' while they were in my house.

ANYWAYS, for those that don't know, my wife and I are a mixed couple (me white, she black - <insert tarzan grunts>). I'm walking down the stairs to our living room and the younger boy says, "Your husband is brown?" I know he probably meant to say 'wife' but I just gave him a WTF look. His brother said, "Dude! Shutup!" I asked him to ask the question again and he asked the same thing again. So I told him, "Yes, my WIFE is brown." The brother was thoroughly embarrassed.

I do my best authoritarian impersonation and take the boys out to my backyard and let them run around and play football while my wife is entertaining the client. They leave, I'm happy.

Client comes back the other day to drop off her deposit on the cake and talks with my wife. She then relays the following story about the youngest son. Apparently, some girl in his class thinks he's cute and passes him a note. He later goes back to the girl and tells her he doesn't like her because she's white. He, and I quote, "only likes brown girls."

He's been fascinated by 'women of color' ever since he left my house. He had seen black men/white women couples before but never a white man/black woman couple. I still have to laugh at the things that kid said.

Hubris

Platinum Member
Jul 14, 2001
Yeah, kids are really funny. My sister's half-black and she married a white guy. Well, two of their three kids are REALLY white (blonde hair, blue eyes) and their third, a girl, is more like my sister. Her husband's brother is married to a white woman and their having a child, and my sister's oldest wanted to know if they would be having a brown baby, cause she really likes them and wants another one. :D My sister said that the father would probably be very upset if they had a brown baby.

Iron Woode

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Queasy
So, my wife had a wedding cake client over last week. She of course, brings her two 'ADD' boys (9 and 10) along along with her. The sister of the client told us that they had ADD but I think it was more like DDD (Discipline Deficit Disorder) because the mom never once told the kids 'no' while they were in my house.

ANYWAYS, for those that don't know, my wife and I are a mixed couple (me white, she black - <insert tarzan grunts>). I'm walking down the stairs to our living room and the younger boy says, "Your husband is brown?" I know he probably meant to say 'wife' but I just gave him a WTF look. His brother said, "Dude! Shutup!" I asked him to ask the question again and he asked the same thing again. So I told him, "Yes, my WIFE is brown." The brother was thoroughly embarrassed.

I do my best authoritarian impersonation and take the boys out to my backyard and let them run around and play football while my wife is entertaining the client. They leave, I'm happy.

Client comes back the other day to drop off her deposit on the cake and talks with my wife. She then relays the following story about the youngest son. Apparently, some girl in his class thinks he's cute and passes him a note. He later goes back to the girl and tells her he doesn't like her because she's white. He, and I quote, "only likes brown girls."

He's been fascinated by 'women of color' ever since he left my house. He had seen black men/white women couples before but never a white man/black woman couple. I still have to laugh at the things that kid said.
LOL.

:D

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Queasy

WARNING! i been drinking so ingore th espelling.

bhahha.

My mother-in-law has a mixed family also. they have 5 daughters 2 of wich are really dark skinned the youngest is whiter then snow and the 2 oldes are from a previous marriage (married the 2nd oldest!).

anyway the youngest does not understand why she is white and her sisters are black. she wants to be black and look like them!

heh i think mom was implanted. my father-in-law is in bad shape. im tempted to ask but in all honestly i dont really care.

im lilly white. people look at me funny when i say these are my sisters. but thats what you get for living in a redneck town.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Hubris
Yeah, kids are really funny. My sister's half-black and she married a white guy. Well, two of their three kids are REALLY white (blonde hair, blue eyes) and their third, a girl, is more like my sister. Her husband's brother is married to a white woman and their having a child, and my sister's oldest wanted to know if they would be having a brown baby, cause she really likes them and wants another one. :D My sister said that the father would probably be very upset if they had a brown baby.

Yeah, when my wife's cousin was between 3 and 5 she would constantly would say "You're white" to me and "You're brown" to my wife. We'd ask her what she was and she'd say, "I'm brown". Our son kind of looks Hispanic or Italian. The cousin had to think for a looong time before she declared him white.