kid gets 10 day suspension from school for nose candy

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
NOSE CANDY

:laugh: I think he should get an award for being funny.

Kids across America are warned to stay away from ?nose candy? in anti-drug campaigns. But a Kanawha County student is fighting his suspension for pretending to put actual candy up his nose.

According to a lawsuit filed in Kanawha Circuit Court Monday, a student-athlete at Sissonville High School was given Smarties candy as a reward for good academic performance. In front of his teacher and fellow classmates, the student pretended to put one of the small candy discs up his nose. Another student used his cell phone to record video of the incident.

Principal Calvin McKinney, who is named as a defendant along with the Kanawha County school board, allegedly called the plaintiff into his office and confronted him about the incident.
- advertisement -

?The plaintiff informed ... McKinney ... that at no time did he possess any drug or did he claim to possess any drug,? according to the suit.

Still, McKinney then threatened to suspend the student ? identified in the lawsuit only by his initials ? unless he joined McKinney?s ?Narc Program? and went undercover to find real drug users at the school, according to the suit.

?The [student] was told that he was to ?hang around the bathroom? and the school parking lot,? the suit states.

McKinney?s investigation into the incident confirmed that the student was telling the truth about the Smarties candy, according to the suit.

?The plaintiff was informed that even though it was, in fact, just candy ... McKinney needed another ?Narc? for his program and that if the student would not agree to enter said Narc Program that he would be suspended,? the suit reads.

After the student and his parents met with school officials and the student refused to cooperate with McKinney?s proposal, he received a 10-day suspension, according to the suit.

McKinney allegedly told the family that his ?Narc Program? had been in effect for several years, and this was an opportunity to get a good student to go undercover.

Bibble

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2006
So he goes to the principals office for putting Smarties up his nose? Doesn't the principal have better things to do with his time?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
what a ****** principle. hope the school gets nailed.

oh and that NARC program sounds like a bad idea.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Bibble
So he goes to the principals office for putting Smarties up his nose? Doesn't the principal have better things to do with his time?

yeah i was usually sent to the principals office for pulling stuff out of my nose!

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy

QFT.

The only reason a NARC program would ever work (and they never do) is because the students being "enrolled" (read: forced) into the program are already accepted and known to the drug using community. Some random non-drug-using kid isn't exactly going to fit in.

Besides, schools should have no business putting kids in a situation where violent retaliation could exist....it is the drug using/pushing community afterall.

I hope the kid's lawyer nails that principle's balls to the walls with this lawsuit. A disband of the NARC program would be a nice side benefit.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
I miss the old days when a kid could put marbles up his nose and eat paste and nobody bothered me.... him.... I meant him...

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Gooberlx2
Originally posted by: waggy

QFT.

The only reason a NARC program would ever work (and they never do) is because the students being "enrolled" (read: forced) into the program are already accepted and known to the drug using community. Some random non-drug-using kid isn't exactly going to fit in.

Besides, schools should have no business putting kids in a situation where violent retaliation could exist....is the drug using/pushing community afterall.

I hope the kid's lawyer nails that principle's balls to the walls with this lawsuit. A disband of the NARC program would be a nice side benefit.

exactly.

forcing the kid to join should be against the rules. Forcing a child in a situation where he has to get proof on a drug dealer etc is really fricken stupid. besides the danger in it i can't see it standing up in court.

I would be pissed off if the principal tried to force my child into such a situation. either forcing them into a potentially deadly situation or getting suspended?

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
I miss the old days when a kid could put marbles up his nose and eat paste and nobody bothered me.... him.... I meant him...

ROF:laugh:ing