Kickstarter: The Year of the Game

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mr. Pedantic

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2010
Blows my list out of the water.
The Banner Saga - $10
Wasteland 2 - $30
Shadowrun Returns - $15
Planetary Annihilation - $20 (tempted to up to $50)
Pinball Arcade: Star Trek The Next Generation - $10

A note about the Pinball Arcade, it's a digitization of the 3rd best pinball game ever made. It's already exceeded its goal, but is still going on if you want to get a copy for cheap. The company has said any extra funds will go towards licensing other pinball games.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1067367405/pinball-arcade-star-trek-the-next-generation

Just gave $20 towards Pinball Arcade. Looks good.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
$100 for Shadowrun Returns
$25 SolForge

Missed-out on Wasteland 2 otherwise I would have put $50 or so in that too.

exar333

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2004
Let's take something like the Ouya, which in the span of 3 weeks or so, garnered MASSIVE attention and I assume a pretty good amount of money.

Weren't they supposed to release within the year?

We've only seen at best prototype hardware, meant to play smartphone games. There is no announced distribution model, nothing at all. They simply have not shown they have any way of making something like this a reality. Just a idea that many people thought was cool.

And yet people threw money at this without having any information on how this company was going to make this console actually viable and not just a single run of 10 oversized smartphones that can only play said smartphone games, which are not exactly a shining beacon of gaming quality.

That's how free-market works. Some wins, some losses. Time will tell how these shake-out, but I (for one) am very excited about all the projects I have backed. Sometimes we have to wait for games we want released, because of delay, it's a fact in software development.

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
That's how free-market works. Some wins, some losses. Time will tell how these shake-out, but I (for one) am very excited about all the projects I have backed. Sometimes we have to wait for games we want released, because of delay, it's a fact in software development.

This. And frankly, so long as it gets finished within a decent time-frame I'm not going to count down the seconds. I'd rather they take a few more months and get it right then release an unfinished/unpolished product.