Kickstarter: Starcraft Universe (mod for SC2)

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Kickstarter page

Looks like they are trying to make an RPG mod for SC2 in which Kerrigan is dead and the hybrids are overrunning the sector. They have some work done and alpha available to try. The KS is for getting the game to open beta.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
They [Blizzard] have given their blessing/permission for us to launch this Kickstarter, and they are supporting our efforts by featuring SCU as an Arcade Highlight.

Huh, that's what I was curious about. I didn't think they'd let them 'sell' a mod essentially, though from the sounds of the page it's going to be part of some "Blizzard Arcade" program, which seems to be some way for mod makers and Blizzard to profitshare kind of like the Steam Workshop.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Interesting they got permission, understand blizz is the defacto head of the company in most sense, but still surprised they would get it so easy.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
What exactly is this Kickstarter funding? They're using the in-game editor and assets...

ss284

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I find it pretty ridiculous to have to pay for a mod to be made. What happened to paying them after they've achieved some sort of success.