KFC to pay 8.35 Millions to Family of Brain Dead Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/04/kfc-must-pay-8-3m-to-family-of-brain-damaged-girl/

The part I am curious about is specifically;

In a statement posted on its website, KFC said it plans to appeal the case.

“This is clearly a very tragic case but we are deeply disappointed and surprised by the judge’s decision,” Sally Glover, KFC Australia’s Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, said. ”We feel deeply for Monika and the Samaan family; however we also have a responsibility to defend KFC’s reputation as a provider of safe, high-quality food.”

What are they seriously going to try and fight here? I am suprised it actually went to court instead of just settling.

EDIT: LOL at title, it was a horrible error

superccs

Dec 29, 2004
Her brain functionality could already be in question prior to the incident simply due to her making the decision to eat KFC and not Lane's.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Her brain functionality could already be in question prior to the incident simply due to her making the decision to eat KFC and not Lane's.

Lulz worthy, but in a sick way :D

I've had my fair share of food poisoning from fast food places in the past. This is what happens when you hire the lowest paid people to perform a job. I try to stick with family owned an operated places now as best as I can as most of them are working there because they want to provide good food and not thinking of it as some lame job to pay for their next iphone.

I feel it was the correct court decision though as KFC is culpable for all their employee's actions. Which includes any actions which lead to someone getting food poisoning and having grave medical problems from that.

Status
Not open for further replies.