Keyboard 'ohm' character

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by nachiketa1, Jul 16, 2001.

1. nachiketa1

nachiketa1 Banned

I'm drawing a circuit in office xp and need to know if there is a way to insert an 'ohm' symbol instead of typing out the word for the unit.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Keyboard 'ohm' character Forum Date
    Keyboard sleeps, takes couple seconds to wake Software for Windows Jan 29, 2017
    Windows 10 - keyboard taking a while to become responsive on bootup Software for Windows Jan 29, 2016
    Chrome - keyboard focus with new window + fullsize window Software for Windows Feb 19, 2014
    Bluestacks/whatsapp keeps disconnecting my keyboard. Software for Windows Nov 30, 2013
    Saving as PDF on Word 2010 creates character misalignment Software for Windows Mar 10, 2013

3. Shmorq

Shmorq Diamond Member

If you're using windows, there should be a program called character map. When you run it, select the font you want and scroll down to the greek letter section. You should have an Ù there.

[I guess it doesn't show up properly:confused:]

4. nachiketa1

nachiketa1 Banned

thanks, that's what i was looking for. I was trying to modify the keyboard properties in the control panel.

5. ZenGyro

ZenGyro Junior Member

also, for quickie (instead of having to open the mapper all the time) if you look in the character mapper, when you select an icon/number/letter/etc, theres a keyboard shortcut for selected letter (ie alt+0220) you have to make sure you hold alt and use the Numeric keypad

6. Shmorq

Shmorq Diamond Member

Within Office, you can also go to insert --> symbol. This will bring up that same character map. Plus, the 'symbol' font is pretty useful as well.