Keyboard Issue?

mom2laxboyz

Nov 15, 2021
I type court transcripts using the For the Record player. Happening more frequently now is when I type while the player is playing, it causes the audio to stutter and repeat. I use a foot pedal also, so I'm not sure if the audio stutter is being caused from the typing or depressing the foot pedal. I uninstalled and reinstalled the newest version of the FTR player and it is still happening. I use a desktop computer. Any advice would be very appreciated! Thank you.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
I know nothing about this equipment and application so before you try all these things I'd wait for someone more familiar with using this application but a few things to try...

- Play the audio, use the foot pedal, but don't type. Does it still happen?

- Play the audio, type anything even if you can't keep up but don't use the foot pedal.

- See if the recorded audio files are in a standard format, if so then try playing them back with another audio application.

- I assume windows - Open Task Manager, Processes tab, sort by CPU column and see if any application is taking CPU time when the stuttering happens.

- Try a new audio driver

- Did the problem start happening on same system after no changes on your part? Is it possible you're infected with Malware? Did this system potentially do a Windows Update and that is the cause? You could try to figure out what updates were installed just prior to the onset of the problem, or restore your system from a backup made just prior to onset of problem. Everyone makes backups on production systems, right?

- If no backup available, put a clean windows installation on a spare HDD or SSD leaving it disconnected from the internet (so doesn't fetch the windows updates), install only drivers and this application, and try that.

- Are these audio files stored locally or streaming off a remote internet or LAN server? If internet can you download them ahead of time to your system to try playback?

- If internet streamed audio, look at your modem logs for intermittent connections or low signal levels.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Are we dealing with wireless keyboard and headset? Interference between blue tooth devices? Try wired keyboard or headset.