Key buildings seized in Baghdad...including Information Ministry

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
MSNBC

April 7 ? U.S. troops seized key buildings in the center of the Iraqi capital on Monday, including a major presidential palace and the Information Ministry.

Now just where are supposed to learn from the Iraqis that we're nowhere near the city?? ;)

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I just hope they took the Iraqi Information Minister alive if he was there. I swear that guy has a job in comedy after the war is over. He'll be headlining the Improv in no time.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: conjur
MSNBC

April 7 ? U.S. troops seized key buildings in the center of the Iraqi capital on Monday, including a major presidential palace and the Information Ministry.

Now just where are supposed to learn from the Iraqis that we're nowhere near the city?? ;)

The Iraqi information minister will soon announce that this is faked from the same set that were used for the moon landings.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
MSNBC

It's on FOX too . . .

EVIDENTLY, Saddam's latest message - for any Iraqi soldier cut off from his unti to try and join another - is admitting that the US is in Baghdad.

Why are we hoisting the American Flag over the Presidential palace in Baghdad? ON FOX NOW!

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: trmiv
I just hope they took the Iraqi Information Minister alive if he was there. I swear that guy has a job in comedy after the war is over. He'll be headlining the Improv in no time.

They captured Morph??????

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: apoppin
MSNBC

It's on FOX too . . .

EVIDENTLY, Saddam's latest message - for any Iraqi soldier cut off from his unti to try and join another - is admitting that the US is in Baghdad.

Why are we hoisting the American Flag over the Presidential palace in Baghdad? ON FOX NOW!

It sends a clear message that the current goverment is no longer in control.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: charrison
MSNBC

It's on FOX too . . .

..and the American occupation has begun.

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: abaez
MSNBC

It's on FOX too . . .

..and the American occupation has begun.

Occupation is required and part of the plan. A new goverment has to be put in place before we can just pack and leave. THe US ran Japan for 6 years before a new civilian goverment was in place.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

Grrrr....take it down!!

Just like what happened in Umm Qasr. The flag was lowered very quickly.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
MSNBC

It's on FOX too . . .

A Potentially FATAL Mistake by Men with an overabundance of Testosterone.
Not good .. Not good at all

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Anyone else think it would be a riot if at the next "Information Minister" press conference, in the middle of it, a Marine came out and put a little mini US flag on his podium right after he said we were getting slaughtered.? :D

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Grrrr....take it down!!

I think this one will fly a little while. The message is being sent that Saddam is not in control.

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

Grrrr....take it down!!

I think this one will fly a little while. The message is being sent that Saddam is not in control.
Evidently the Stars and Stripes are flying over a few Iraqi government buildings . . . must be a directive from higher up.

Well then, it DOES (finally) look like THE FIGHT FOR BAGHDAD.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001

Grrrr....take it down!!

Neither should the message be that U.S. is, either. Leave the Iraqi flag there. It's THEIR country...not OURS!

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999

Grrrr....take it down!!

Neither should the message be that U.S. is, either. Leave the Iraqi flag there. It's THEIR country...not OURS!

I would agree, but right now it needs to be shown that the US is control. It will be much longer before both the US and Iraqi flags are flown together.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: dahunan
IF they leave both flags there then it could be acceptable

Still not then. Maybe put up a Red Cross flag or something. But not Old Glory. It's just not right and it will only spark anger against the U.S. and that's exactly what we DON'T want!

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Insane3D

So when can we expect the utter destruction of Baghdad by Saddam's last act of defiance? :p
IF it is to happen, it will happen when Saddam realized his death is iminent.

Did you see my link about the 1991 war where Saddam PREARRANGED for his loyalists to send SCUDS loaded with WMD and send them into Israel IF Baghdad was invaded? They were to send the SCUDS even if they lost contact with Command.

Do you think he is unprepared for "his greatest moment"? I hope our CIA has better intellengence than before and our special ops are able to get there FIRST.
;)

charrison

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: dahunan
IF they leave both flags there then it could be acceptable

Leaving the Iraqi flag up right now indicates that the current goverment is still in power. For now, this is a bad idea.

LH

Golden Member
Feb 16, 2002

What they should do is fly the Iraqi flag and the US flag. To let the people know where are there to help but arent there to conquer them.

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000

So when can we expect the utter destruction of Baghdad by Saddam's last act of defiance? :p

Did you see my link about the 1991 war where Saddam PREARRANGED for his loyalists to send SCUDS loaded with WMD and send them into Israel IF Baghdad was invaded? They were to send the SCUDS even if they lost contact with Command.

Do you think he is unprepared for "his greatest moment"? I hope our CIA has better intellengence than before and our special ops are able to get there FIRST.
;)

I can't be sure on this, but IIRC, SCUDS don't have the range to hit Israel from Baghdad. I believe that is why they were fired from an area of Western Iraq in the first Gulf War. The area, known as the "SCUD Box" was taken by our forces early in the capaign precisely for this reason.

Jadow

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2003
LOL A couple of soldiers from teh group that captured Saddam's presidential palace went to UGA. They happend to have a UGA flag on them, and hoisted it over the palace. So as of now, Saddam's presidental palace is bearing the flag of the Georgia Bulldogs. That will just confuse the Iraqis! LOL

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com

;)

I can't be sure on this, but IIRC, SCUDS don't have the range to hit Israel from Baghdad. I believe that is why they were fired from an area of Western Iraq in the first Gulf War. The area, known as the "SCUD Box" was taken by our forces early in the capaign precisely for this reason.
AAAaaaaahgh!

:D

:frustration;

*UPDATE* Charle Rose - Saddam is Likely to Unleash WMD at his end.

PLEASE read this thread - then comment. You are completely misreading my "summary"

My point was that if Saddam was prepared to fire WMD at Israel in 1991, he may be just as prepared to destroy the entire population of Baghdad to achieve his "aims". (yes that thread discusses his aims)

;)