Kerry: Five point lead after debate

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Among 867 registered voters in the survey, the race tightens slightly with Kerry at 50 percent and Bush at 45 percent. From this point on, the 155 people who said they are not currently registered will be ignored.

Sixty percent of registered voters who say they "rarely" vote in major elections also say America is headed in the wrong direction. If they go to the polls next month, they will support Kerry over Bush by more than a 2-to-1 margin.

These marginal voters are often ignored by pollsters because, by their own admission, they usually aren't players in the political process. But "rarely" does not mean never, and there are plenty of signs that marginal voters are taking interest in this election. In fact, that's what they're saying.

http://www.newspolls.org/story.php?story_id=33

Edit: I got edited by the mods! This was a tribute post for Train. ;)

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Todd33
Among 867 registered voters in the survey, the race tightens slightly with Kerry at 50 percent and Bush at 45 percent. From this point on, the 155 people who said they are not currently registered will be ignored.

Sixty percent of registered voters who say they "rarely" vote in major elections also say America is headed in the wrong direction. If they go to the polls next month, they will support Kerry over Bush by more than a 2-to-1 margin.

These marginal voters are often ignored by pollsters because, by their own admission, they usually aren't players in the political process. But "rarely" does not mean never, and there are plenty of signs that marginal voters are taking interest in this election. In fact, that's what they're saying.

http://www.newspolls.org/story.php?story_id=33

Not only taking interest, but are preparing to flood the election booths... 250,000 new registreed Democrats in Missouri.... Gore lost Missouri by 70,000.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I heard the same in Milwaukee.

650,000 voters, 930,000 ballots.

I have a feeling this years election will be over sometime in January.

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Genx87
I heard the same in Milwaukee.

650,000 voters, 930,000 ballots.

I have a feeling this years election will be over sometime in January.

Only if the Republicans have their way... it will be over in January inside the Supreme Court.... again.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Yes the increased voter registration is the big story this election. It could be an avalanch of average people who, after 2000, believe their vote does indeed matter and that, corretly, Bush is a huge failure.

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Infohawk
Yes the increased voter registration is the big story this election. It could be an avalanch of average people who, after 2000, believe their vote does indeed matter and that, corretly, Bush is a huge failure.

I have personally signed up to transport 40 elderly and handicapped people to the voting booth who had NOT voted in the 2000 election.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Reuters Poll: Bush Opens Four-Point Lead on Kerry

link

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites) opened a four-point lead on Democratic Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) the day after the final debate between the White House rivals, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Friday.

Bush led Kerry 48-44 percent in the latest three-day tracking poll, which included one night of polling done after Wednesday's debate in Tempe, Arizona. Bush led Kerry, a senator from Massachusetts, by only one point, 46-45 percent, the previous day.

An improvement in Bush's showing among undecideds and a strong response from his base Republican supporters helped fuel the president's rise.

So recap:
Kerry opens 5 pt lead
Bush opens 4 pt lead
Kerry wins by 1 pt.

Gotta love these polls ;)

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Darkhawk28

I have personally signed up to transport 40 elderly and handicapped people to the voting booth who had NOT voted in the 2000 election.
And what if they refuse to vote your way? Off to the curb?

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize

They are all registered Democrats. Plus, I wouldn't be as Republican as to throw people out to the curb.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Originally posted by: Train
your putting up "newspolls.org" against Zogby?

:laugh:

not to mention Zogbys latest is more recent by 2 days

Scripps Survey Research Center at Ohio University, they both ended the same day, neither is really post-deabte. I was mocking you cherry picking of polls when they back your man. I for one don't want a dailly update on polls, they are meaningless.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com

Scripps Survey Research Center at Ohio University, they both ended the same day, neither is really post-deabte. I was mocking you cherry picking of polls when they back your man. I for one don't want a dailly update on polls, they are meaningless.
umm, zogbys was released this morning, scripps howards was two days old. Its hardly cherry picking, Since the last thread I didn on polls included the 3 major ones.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003

umm, zogbys was released this morning, scripps howards was two days old. Its hardly cherry picking, Since the last thread I didn on polls included the 3 major ones.

Yes, cherry picking is what you do. There have been tons of "Kerry is up xx points" poll results in the last few weeks, how many did you post? You picked a day Bush was up on electoral-vote.com and claimed Bush victory the other day. It's just lame is all, post whetever you want, but be prepared to be called out on it.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
Originally posted by: alchemize

They are all registered Democrats. Plus, I wouldn't be as Republican as to throw people out to the curb.

Right. It's Republicans who crap on old people trying to vote and throw out registration cards. :thumbsdown:

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
don't worry, ppl who thought they registered might actually not be. republicans will make sure to tear up any registration forms of ppl they suspect might vote the wrong way.

ntdz

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
Originally posted by: maddogchen

link

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Bush (news - web sites) opened a four-point lead on Democratic Sen. John Kerry (news - web sites) the day after the final debate between the White House rivals, according to a Reuters/Zogby poll released on Friday.

Bush led Kerry 48-44 percent in the latest three-day tracking poll, which included one night of polling done after Wednesday's debate in Tempe, Arizona. Bush led Kerry, a senator from Massachusetts, by only one point, 46-45 percent, the previous day.

An improvement in Bush's showing among undecideds and a strong response from his base Republican supporters helped fuel the president's rise.

So recap:
Kerry opens 5 pt lead
Bush opens 4 pt lead
Kerry wins by 1 pt.

well, according to the liberals on this board zogby is the godsend of polls and the only accurate one so it should superseed any other poll right? ;) right? Maybe not now that it has Bush up.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com

Yes, cherry picking is what you do. There have been tons of "Kerry is up xx points" poll results in the last few weeks, how many did you post? You picked a day Bush was up on electoral-vote.com and claimed Bush victory the other day. It's just lame is all, post whetever you want, but be prepared to be called out on it.

:roll: ok, ill make a promise, Ill post tomarrows poll no matter whos up, k? make you feel any better?

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: ntdz
Originally posted by: maddogchen

link

So recap:
Kerry opens 5 pt lead
Bush opens 4 pt lead
Kerry wins by 1 pt.

well, according to the liberals on this board zogby is the godsend of polls and the only accurate one so it should superseed any other poll right? ;) right? Maybe not now that it has Bush up.

Acording to whom? I think there is one person who champions Zogby frequently. Who else?

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

Good for you.

Edit: After re-reading that, it seems as if it could be misinterpreted as being sarcastic, which I did not mean for it to be. I really meant it - that's good. (even if you are only binging reg'd Democrats, who cares? A good deed is a good deed, I say.)

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger

Good for you.

Edit: After re-reading that, it seems as if it could be misinterpreted as being sarcastic, which I did not mean for it to be. I really meant it - that's good. (even if you are only binging reg'd Democrats, who cares? A good deed is a good deed, I say.)

Thank you. Republican or Democrat, the more people that vote, the better.

Hugenstein

Dec 30, 2000

Right. It's Republicans who crap on old people trying to vote and throw out registration cards. :thumbsdown:

That is exactly right.

Democrats try to get more votes(vote twice, have dead people vote, cigarette for votes, etc.)

Republicans try and prevent people from voting(make it harder to register, require ids, intimidate, etc.)