Kerry denies allegations of infidelity today on Imus

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Gravity
This will make for interesting grist. However, I think that if there was anything to report, it would already be out there.
This definately wouldn't have gotten under Carl Roves Radar.

If Karl Rove knew about it, hed be setting on it until AFTER the DNC Convention. Why do it during the primaries? And risk getting a different opponent?

Right now, this is the democrats eating their own. The story was pressed(from what I have heard) by a big time democrat fundraiser, and a member of Edwards camp.

If this charge of infidelity is true, I think Bush should take the high road and publically announce that he wants to debate about the real issues and not Kerry's personal life.

tallest1

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2001
I think Kerry is lying through his teeth. Clinton could've told the truth from the start and things would be [more] beloved patriot-dory but Kerry has a lot more at stake. He has a rich wife who could DESTROY him in more ways than one and Reps who would looooooove to make his past lovelife a national issue.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: smashp
Fron The Uk "Tabloid" the Sun

"PRESIDENTIAL hopeful John Kerry was branded a ?sleazeball? last night by the parents of a young woman he allegedly tried to woo.

Alex Polier, 24, was named as the woman at the centre of a scandal that threatens to damage Democrat Kerry?s bid for the White House.

Her mother Donna claims Kerry, 60 ? dubbed the new JFK ? once chased Alex to be on his campaign team and was ?after her?.

There is no evidence the pair had an affair, but her father Terry, 56, said: ?I think he?s a sleazeball. I did kind of wonder if my daughter didn?t get that kind of feeling herself.

?He?s not the sort of guy I would choose to be with my daughter.?

Terry, of Malvern, Pennsylvania, added: ?John Kerry called my daughter and invited her down to Washington two or three years ago.

?He invited her to be on his re-election committee. She talked to him and decided against it.?"

Just as I have Expected. It is a non story and Drudge took the Bait. this Story is uncreditable.

Yesterday she was An Intern, Then an AP reporter. The story has no Merit and is being used to show the Unreliable and unjournalistic tabloidesque method matt drudge employes

Developing.......

Ever hear of people being Interns then getting other jobs? Lets just wait an see. I bet theres more to it than whats been said.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: bozack
Originally posted by: Insane3D
Fair enough. A couple of points though. First of all, the lies Bush is accused of are just a tad more serious wouldn't you say? Personally, lying about having an affair doesn't rank up there with lying to get a country to support a war. Secondly, are there ANY politicians that don't lie about something?

This isn't really about weight or impact of said "lies" but rather character...also your comparing apples to oranges as one is an incumbent and the other is a potential candidate.....Bush is already in office so whether or not he lied about the war the only way to get him out would be impeachment or by voting someone else in...however would you really want to vote in another liar to replace him? Kerry was the strongest candidate, however with his past anti vietnam actions and now if this proves to be true I personally think he is sunk.

I think this is interesting:

Imus is qouted as "Kerry is dead if he lied"

I dont know, there seems to be something to this story. We will have to see how it develops over the weekend and into the early part of next week. Kerry basically just challenged alot of journalists... .

Which IMHO wasn't a smart move as it will take the focus off of Bush's military career and move the spotlight prematurely onto Kerry....

also:

If Karl Rove knew about it, hed be setting on it until AFTER the DNC Convention. Why do it during the primaries? And risk getting a different opponent?

Right now, this is the democrats eating their own. The story was pressed(from what I have heard) by a big time democrat fundraiser, and a member of Edwards camp.

Word on the street has it the info was leaked by the Clintons as they don't want a strong democratic candidate to beat out Bush, they want a loser to set Hillary up in the next election...either that or Hillary is going to make a late jump into the election...

next few weeks should be interesting.

I've heard a friend of Bill, whos a big time democratic party fundraiser, was the one pressing the story to the media.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Ferocious
The unsourced rumor about Kerry is remarkably similar to a false accusation in 1992 linking Bill Clinton to a wire service reporter,

drudge retort

Thats the thing, these arent unsourced. Theres people behind them. Former Gore people, Former Kerry people, Former Clark people, and some other people that havent been named yet by Drudge or the media, but have been batted around in law/political circles. This story has more legs than you people want to think.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I see the mud-flinging has started early this election year. Maybe when this is more than just some unsourced rumor printed by the neocon press, I might consider it.

Otherwise, I don't see the big deal. FDR led the US to victory in WWII while sleeping in the White House every night with his mistress. While I have never been a fan of FDR's politics (I believe Social Security destroyed the family and will eventually bankrupt the US), his presidential leadership abilities are unquestionable -- he truly was one of the greatest presidents the US ever had. And yet he was a cripple in a wheelchair who smoked, drank, and was unfaithful to his wife. In other words, a man who would never be elected today in our modern world of sensationalistic tabloids and media exposes and muck-racking.
Which begs the question: who really wants to be President?

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Fair enough. A couple of points though. First of all, the lies Bush is accused of are just a tad more serious wouldn't you say? Personally, lying about having an affair doesn't rank up there with lying to get a country to support a war. Secondly, are there ANY politicians that don't lie about something?
See, here is an example of the standard liberal atack...state as fact something that is liberal opinion ("lying to get a country to support a war")...then claim that this is "worse" than lynig about sex (or perjury, or anything else your liberal politicians have done)...

WELL GUESS WHAT..Bush didn't "lie" about anything....the Kerry "affair" if it ever happened, was "leaked" by Wesley Clark. as a previous poster stated..this is liberal on liberal violence..leave us conservatives out of this.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon
See, here is an example of the standard liberal atack...state as fact something that is liberal opinion ("lying to get a country to support a war")...then claim that this is "worse" than lynig about sex (or perjury, or anything else your liberal politicians have done)...

WELL GUESS WHAT..Bush didn't "lie" about anything....the Kerry "affair" if it ever happened, was "leaked" by Wesley Clark. as a previous poster stated..this is liberal on liberal violence..leave us conservatives out of this.

Actually, he stated "...is accused of..."

and

"...wouldn't you say?"

and

"Personally..."

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000

You got me... It's on page 47, paragraph 5, sentence 7 of my "how to make the standard liberal attack" manual that just came in the mail from the DNC...

rolleye.gif

Psst...never stated it as fact...was replying to the comparison the previous poster made. Don't let the facts get in the way of your "liberals are eeeeevil" rhetoric...k?

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
[/quote]BY MICHAEL SNEED SUN-TIMES COLUMNIST

Here we go again.

It's called the sex thing.

Dem presidential contender John Kerry's campaign may have been hit broadside. Please, pardon the pun.

It's no secret Kerry dated alotta women after his divorce from first wife Julia Thorne in 1988 and before he married Teresa Heinz in 1995.

But the first salvo in an alleged sexual drama came via Internet columnist Matt Drudge, author of the "Drudge Report," (which broke the Bill Clinton/Monica Lewinsky mess) who claimed Thursday a Kerry scandal may be erupting. It allegedly involves Kerry's marital infidelity with a woman who once worked for the Associated Press -- and has reportedly fled the country at the prodding of Kerry.

True? Well, Sneed is told the real reason former Dem presidential nominee Al Gore did NOT select Kerry as his veepmate was because of allegations of women problems, or marital infidelity involving Kerry's marriage to Heinz, heiress to the Heinz Ketchup fortune, whom he met in 1990.

A top source tells Sneed Gore was talking about Kerry's sexual baggage "with a young woman" as recently as late last week!

"Kerry was the favorite to be Gore's veep, but they worried a female problem could erupt, so U.S. Sen. Joe Lieberman was selected instead," said the source.

"In addition to Gore backing Howard Dean for president, because he wanted access to the cadre of Dean youth called the "Deanie babies" when he runs for president again and goes up against Hillary Clinton, Gore chose Dean because he feared the Kerry female mess would rear its ugly head," the source added.

Introduced to Kerry by her late husband, Pennsylvania Republican Sen. John Heinz -- who was killed in a plane crash in 1991 -- Teresa Heinz married Kerry after he signed a pre-nup. (Heinz owns five homes in the United States.)

The big question: Did Dean opt not to pull out of the race after the Wisconsin primary because he was waiting for the Kerry scandal to erupt?

And didn't Kerry linger longer at P.J. Clarke's pub than he should have while chatting it up with a member of the opposite sex during a visit to Chicago a few years back?

By the way, Thorne, Kerry's ex-wife, who has since married an architect, has written a book about depression called: You Are Not Alone.

Stay tuned.

Hmmmm . .

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
funny thing is that this is libs vs libs as they are the ones pushing this crap...

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Bwuahaha! Libs vs. Libs. Oh, yeah, Drudge the lib. You guys are so out of touch with reality your long distance phone calls will need a dozen trans-universe operators to connect you.

The Republicans are afraid of the backlash that happened when all those horny, fornicating Republicans, like Hyde, Gingrich and Delay, starting foaming at the mouth over Clinton. What a bunch of loony, third-rate hypocrits.

Give me a break. And Clark endorsed Kerry because he just knew he was boffing a 20 something? Ok, whatever.

Isn't it time for your medications?

-Robert

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: chess9
Bwuahaha! Libs vs. Libs. Oh, yeah, Drudge the lib. You guys are so out of touch with reality your long distance phone calls will need a dozen trans-universe operators to connect you.

The Republicans are afraid of the backlash that happened when all those horny, fornicating Republicans, like Hyde, Gingrich and Delay, starting foaming at the mouth over Clinton. What a bunch of loony, third-rate hypocrits.

Give me a break. And Clark endorsed Kerry because he just knew he was boffing a 20 something? Ok, whatever.

-Robert

Chess, it has already been confirmed by more than Drudge that Clark let that one out of the bag, also read about how Gore was going to have Kerry run as his VP but decided not to because of "baggage"...it is you liberals who are in denial and won't admit your own are slamming each other...Clark's whole point in this mess was to bring down Dean, now that Kerry is a strong contender someone has to take him down as well since he won't leave a spot for Hillary next go around if he does well....

also, how did you ever get to be an "elite" member?? if that isn't a laugh I don't know what is....

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: bozack

-Robert

Chess, it has already been confirmed by more than Drudge that Clark let that one out of the bag, also read about how Gore was going to have Kerry run as his VP but decided not to because of "baggage"...it is you liberals who are in denial and won't admit your own are slamming each other...Clark's whole point in this mess was to bring down Dean, now that Kerry is a strong contender someone has to take him down as well since he won't leave a spot for Hillary next go around if he does well....

also, how did you ever get to be an "elite" member?? if that isn't a laugh I don't know what is....
The laugh is that you question his title based on his posts here in P&N. That's something I'd expect from a much lessor person than you Bozack

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Red:

But he called me a "liberal". :(

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! <sniff, sniff>

-Robert

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
By the way, Thorne, Kerry's ex-wife, who has since married an architect, has written a book about depression called: You Are Not Alone.
She also wrote another: "A Change of Heart: Words of Experience and Hope for the Journey Through Divorce"

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Insane3D
This is a serious question for the conservatives here. I haven't really been following this story at all...but out of curiousity, if Kerry had an affair in the past, what exactly does that have to do with whether he can handle the job of President?

:D

I know where you going with this.

Yes, conservatives, please enlighten us!

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003

-Robert

Clarks comments have been independently verified by other orgs. You even have his people trying to spin it in another way.

There are credible reports that this story IS from a big time democrat fundraiser, someone thats part of Edwards camp. Drudge pulled the trigger, but the media knew of these allegations, and have been working on stories. In the UK The Telegraph has sources saying this scandel will GET much nastier, and that it wont go away.

Its not just Drudge now, mainstream and international media is on it now that the allegations are publicly known. Kerry basically challenged the press with his flat out denial. Discredit Drudge all you want, but this is a story that wont go away, because there is substance to it. Right now its an international race to prove Kerry lied on Imus.

Zephyr106

Banned
Jul 2, 2003
I'll be sure to pray every night that the juicy details of this story come out, and a Holy Republican is guaranteed a second term. Because I didn't completely trust Pat Robertson when he said God had chosen Bush.

Zephyr

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

The laugh is that you question his title based on his posts here in P&N. That's something I'd expect from a much lessor person than you Bozack

Sorry Red, I shouldn't have brought both up in the same post...I wasn't referring to his viewpoints or socio/political ideals but rather his posts come of almost in an aceholish way and I wondered why/how someone who responded like a dikhead could achieve elite status...basically I was seeing if there was still hope for me since I am a self admitted ass.

arsbanned

Banned
Dec 12, 2003
Its not just Drudge now, mainstream and international media is on it now that the allegations are publicly known. Kerry basically challenged the press with his flat out denial.

So where are all the 'mainstream media" reports you speak of? Links please?