Kerry: Bush Lets Groups Do 'Dirty Work'

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Kerry: Bush Lets Groups Do 'Dirty Work'

Thirty years ago, official Navy reports documented my service in Vietnam and awarded me the Silver Star, the Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts," Kerry said in remarks to a firefighters convention.

"Thirty years ago, this was the plain truth. It still is. And I still carry the shrapnel in my leg from a wound in Vietnam."

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Wait, wait, wait. Didn't we just have a huge discussion where the pro-Kerry members of this group claimed that it was absurd to try and link Kerry to front groups such as moveon.org and the like? About how they were all "working towards the same goal" and "on the same page," but not working "together."

Now Kerry is making the same allegations against Bush. Interesting.

Edit: Link added.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Wait, wait, wait. Didn't we just have a huge discussion where the pro-Kerry members of this group claimed that it was absurd to try and link Kerry to front groups such as moveon.org and the like? About how they were all "working towards the same goal" and "on the same page," but not working "together."

Wait?? Why wait, you afraid of a debate? I think it's a great idea. Let's get it on mofo's!!

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Wait?? Why wait, you afraid of a debate? I think it's a great idea. Let's get it on mofo's!!
No, I mean "Wait, I've got to go to lunch and I don't want to miss out on the meaty parts of this discussion before it turns into partisan tripe." ;)

Ah well, be back in an hour (gotta love how we Rich Elite Neocons get an hour for lunch! :D)

Edit: I will give you this quote from Todd33 before I go:

"Your logic is flawed. Does Moveon support Kerry? Of course, he isn't Bush. They would support anyone who won the primaries. Does Kerry support Moveon? I'm sure some of their ads help him, but others hurt. The Gore speech they sponsored did not help Kerry at all. So if Kerry can somehow control Moveon, why let them do harmful ads and events? Stop making connections that don't exist and then making the O'liely-esque logic that to disagree is lunacy. The burdon of proof is on you if you make bold claims. But I guess the right wing pundits and their sheep are not known for using facts or evidence."

:D

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit

No, I mean "Wait, I've got to go to lucnh and I don't want to miss out on the meaty parts of this discussion before it turns into partisan tripe." ;)

Ah well, be back in an hour (gotta love how we Rich Elite Neocons get an hour for lunch! :D)

LOL, you mean you can afford food?? Lucky a-hole! ;)

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003

Well its a darn shame i didnt Post in that thread now isnt it. Because I would pointed out that Moveon.org was started BEFORE the Kerry presidential campaign was. Infact Kerry Defeated the prime benifactor of the moveon.org group, Howard Dean.

care to waget when SBVT was started?

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (SBVT) is an advocacy organization formed in 2004 by opponents of John Kerry's U.S. presidential campaign.

The website for SBVT was registered on April 14,2004

The establishment of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth was announced at the National Press Club in a May 4, 2004

Their Timing is mighty Interesting..................

Apr 14, 2004
And just what does that have to do with a debate on the subject?
It's quite relevant as Kerry claims that this organization (and others) are representing the Republican party. They're an independent group of people with their own agenda.

Kerry should be attacking the SBVFT, not the president. Is he able to?

Really? The anti-Bush moveon campaign knew years ago that Bush would be running in 04. The SBVFT, being an anti-Kerry organization, has no reason to exist until he is running for President. Do you think they really care if he is a senator, except for the members that live in Massachusetts?

smashp

Platinum Member
Aug 30, 2003
Originally posted by: GeneralGrievous
It's quite relevant as Kerry claims that this organization (and others) are representing the Republican party. They're an independent group of people with their own agenda.

Really? The anti-Bush moveon campaign knew years ago that Bush would be running in 04. The SBVFT, being an anti-Kerry organization, has no reason to exist until he is running for President. Do you think they really care if he is a senator, except for the members that live in Massachusetts?

move on was started On September 18th 1998..........................

Way before Bush announced run for the whitehouse....

Next

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
Originally posted by: smashp

Well its a darn shame i didnt Post in that thread now isnt it. Because I would pointed out that Moveon.org was started BEFORE the Kerry presidential campaign was. Infact Kerry Defeated the prime benifactor of the moveon.org group, Howard Dean.

care to waget when SBVT was started?

Swift Boat Veterans for Truth (SBVT) is an advocacy organization formed in 2004 by opponents of John Kerry's U.S. presidential campaign.

The website for SBVT was registered on April 14,2004

The establishment of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth was announced at the National Press Club in a May 4, 2004

Need I remind you that these guys also opposed kerry when he was running for senitor? But that was what, 20 years ago? No these guys are not new, maybe more organized, but not new.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: arsbanned
Ah well, be back in an hour (gotta love how we Rich Elite Neocons get an hour for lunch! )

Only an hour? I think I'll take the rest of the day off! :D

Ha! It's almost noon here, I gues I should get dressed so I can get the mail. LOL

Ethex

Aug 11, 2004
Why dont they debate the issuses instead.....

I'd rather hear teir stance on the military, taxes and stuff that matters, let the media figure out the small stuff they tell me what to think anyways

Apr 14, 2004
move on was started On September 18th 1998..........................
My mistake. So it is an anti-Republican/pro-Democratic organization, not an anti-Bush one (though it looked that way in the ads). But again I ask you: Why would an anti-Kerry organization exist without Kerry running for president?

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

I still don't see why anyone would be against a debate? Let them duke it out and then let the public decide. To let two organizations that neither one claims to back do all the fighting is just stupid IMO. It's like letting the commentators decide who will win the football game without having the game.

At this point I'm voting for Kerry. Bush won't lose my vote but he does stand a chance to gain it, depending on what comes out in the debate.

Apr 14, 2004
I'd like to see a debate, but why about vietnam? Bush has little to say about Kerry's vietnam experience, and has already said he will not challenge it. Why not debate on more pertinent subjects like the economy?

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
How about a debate for that also. I'd go for that, but I personally would be much more interested to see this debate. I know where Bush stands on the rest of the issues. I would like to see this issue addressed first.

I also think that to try and squeeze it all into one debate wouldn't work. Whoever was losing would be changing the subject all the time. This debate is a good idea. After all the talk and finger pointing, let them duke it out on TV and may the best man win.

Cogman

Lifer
Sep 19, 2000
I'd like to see a debate, but why about vietnam? Bush has little to say about Kerry's vietnam experience, and has already said he will not challenge it. Why not debate on more pertinent subjects like the economy?

Good point. if kerry will just drop the "Im a Vienam Vet" part of his campain and bring up some diffrent Issues that deal with the hear and now, Like what socal reforms and such he would push for or agenst. I mean can anyone hear state what kerry stands for or what he stands against?

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Cogman

Good point. if kerry will just drop the "Im a Vienam Vet" part of his campain and bring up some diffrent Issues that deal with the hear and now, Like what socal reforms and such he would push for or agenst. I mean can anyone hear state what kerry stands for or what he stands against?

He stands against Bush. What else do you need to know?

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Finally Kerry is taking a stand and fighting back. You have to fight back against this crap, people can't see through it, they are morons in general.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Ethex
can anyone hear state what kerry stands for

Taxes

You say that like it's a bad thing. Your lucky to have the opportunity to make enough money to pay them. My Grandfather used to say "I don't mind paying income taxes, it means that I had income". He was a farmer and the head of hte Republican party in our county.

Things have sure changed, now all the New Republicans want to do is whine and bitch and moane like they built this country all by themselves on their taxes. What a crock of sh1t. Maybe you should take a job with less pay so you don't have to pay so much? Or MoveOn to someplace better? ;)