Keplar Voltages?

Deders

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2012
Just wondering what people have their Keplar GPU voltages set at. I read in Hardware Canucks that they increased their voltage by 100mv, I presume this is before Nvidia blocked overvolting via software.

I've had to resort to editing the bios to boost mine by 0.012v to 1.187v (is that over 100mv?) to get 1202MHZ (low I know, I should be getting at least this at default voltage) But I'm wondering if I can make use of Asus's more efficient VRM's (which apparently allow for 30% more voltage than standard cards) to push it further so long as I can keep the heat down.

Jaydip

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2010
Just wondering what people have their Keplar GPU voltages set at. I read in Hardware Canucks that they increased their voltage by 100mv, I presume this is before Nvidia blocked overvolting via software.

I've had to resort to editing the bios to boost mine by 0.012v to 1.187v (is that over 100mv?) to get 1202MHZ (low I know, I should be getting at least this at default voltage) But I'm wondering if I can make use of Asus's more efficient VRM's (which apparently allow for 30% more voltage than standard cards) to push it further so long as I can keep the heat down.

Does it matter? IIRC only lightning with a previous AB version allows you change voltages meaningfully.

Deders

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2012
Does it matter? IIRC only lightning with a previous AB version allows you change voltages meaningfully.

Or editing the bios, I'm getting higher GPU clocks than I was before and better performance.

Carfax83

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2010
I know my GTX 770 4GB cards have a max voltage of 1.21v.. With GPU boost 2.0, I don't even bother with overclocking them anymore as the GPUs will automatically boost to 1240mhz by themselves with no manual input.

Deders

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2012
Interesting, I presume the 7xx series is from the same fabrication process as the 6xx?

ev50e8.png

Edit: I think that answers my question

Looks like I'm going to re-apply thermal paste to my GPU then, most likely MX4, took 10c off my last card.

What are people's thoughts on what to do with heatpads if the heatsink is removed?

Last edited: