Kentucky governor: "I guarantee you a child was sexually assaulted because of the teachers' strike"

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
This week, in World of Batshit

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/14/politics/kentucky-matt-bevin-teachers-strike/index.html

Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin says children were left vulnerable to harm, sexual assault and drugs as a result of public school closures throughout the state Friday to allow teachers and supporters to protest at the state's Capitol.

"I guarantee you somewhere in Kentucky today a child was sexually assaulted that was left at home because there was nobody there to watch them," the Republican governor told reporters Friday afternoon, according to CNN affiliate WDRB.

"I guarantee you somewhere today, a child was physically harmed or ingested poison because they were home alone because a single parent didn't have any money to take care of them."

Bevin went on to say that "some were introduced to drugs for the first time because they were vulnerable and left alone."

29595568_10214973458945540_8342147853302073822_n.jpg

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I almost posted this earlier. I'm not sure that I could be more pissed at this prick (or any prick for that matter). As a resident of KY and a wife that works in the school system (non teacher), I can't express how obsessed this fucking nut is with tearing down schools and the teachers. I hope with everything in me that this prick will be kicked out next year but I have not faith in this state to do anything except to vote him (and others like him) into office.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
So kentucky teachers are basically forced laborers.. they have to work and like it?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin says children were left vulnerable to harm, sexual assault and drugs as a result of public school closures throughout the state Friday to allow teachers and supporters to protest at the state's Capitol.

"I guarantee you somewhere in Kentucky today a child was sexually assaulted that was left at home because there was nobody there to watch them," the Republican governor told reporters Friday afternoon, according to CNN affiliate WDRB.

And all because Kentucky politicians won't pay teachers fairly. But you won't notice them admitting shame. The way of scum.......

Mar 11, 2004
The only guarantee would be due to his participation in the act. Who did he molest?

Considering that almost literally every time Republican/conservative politicians start harping on a misdeed they end up being found to have been doing it, if I were the KBI I'd probably open an investigation.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
If you ask me, Kentucky teachers have almost an obligation to let the fucked up school system there implode. If the governor is going to make comments and use guilt tactics like that against teachers there is zero chance the system will be fixed under his watch.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I moved out of Kentucky twenty years ago. Education reform was probably the single best thing to ever happen there. The reform program placed an enormous workload on teachers. Is Bevin totally dismantling it?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Based on the birtherism poll results idiot Republicans could easily believe him

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I moved out of Kentucky twenty years ago. Education reform was probably the single best thing to ever happen there. The reform program placed an enormous workload on teachers. Is Bevin totally dismantling it?

Yes. I personally think his dream is to shut down public education and replace it with charter schools. Of course, he really thinks it will be so much better and save so much money.

Truth of the matter is that Bevin wants what many Republicans want...he wants to (and has said as much) to cut taxes for those, especially at the top. His entire agenda on cutting spending is leading to tax cuts....bank on it. He and the GOP CONgress here will lead to another Kansas.

Reactions: tweaker2

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Reminds me of the stupid shit that comes out of Keith Ellisons mouth.

That name sounds familiar but I don’t know who it is. I’m going to guess it’s a liberal and this is a whataboutism based on your posting history.

I haven’t read past your comment and haven’t looked yet. So let’s go take a look and see if I’m right....

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Kentucky, Kansas, Florida and the Trump White House. You just can't keep up with the idiocy. No matter what you hear, no matter how stupid, you automatically believe it because that's what we're conditioned to expect.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
That's weird. I thought it was transgenders in public bathrooms in schools that was causing all of the child molestation. ...at least that was the greatest evil in the world only 2 years ago.

One would think the teachers strike would make that impossible right now? What happened?

Reactions: Engineer