Kentucky cuts number of polling stations by 95 percent ahead of primary voting

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
They've allowed voting all this past week, so an awful lot of people have already cast ballots. Plus they've aggressively pushed absentee mail in ballots. The SOS is black and has angered the GOP and BunkerBoi by doing so.

It's all about the big bug and not having enough polling place staff available to 'clean, clean, clean, clean ....'

Good points. I'd say the best role for young, healthy people wanting to do something this election is not the usual call bank/knocking on doors but instead to contact the local party and find out how to volunteer to serve at polling places for elections.

After all, if there is a documented huge excess of volunteer poll workers the GOP lackies court arguments are clearly shown to be pretext.

I'd did this way back the first primary I qualified for-it was pretty boring but that's a small sacrifice to pay.

Reactions: Fenixgoon

jameny5

Aug 7, 2018
This is why the Republican Sec of State is doing this. More Republican attempts to disenfranchise minority voters. They damn well know who this effect the most. Another example of systemic racism.

Take those bastards to court. This is an effort by Mitch McConnell to win re-election. He is Not fooling anyone. Get a STAY in the matter!

Nov 29, 2006
we need to get rid of voting machines. to easy for potential fraud on a grand scale. And these machines from that company in the article need to be investigated.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Certainly seems to be more actual reasoning to push for it. No idea if it can happen this late.
Paper ballots should be on file. If a local media outlet crowd sourced the cost I'm sure a recount could happen. Even if nothing can be done the truth should be out there. This sounds rather odd...
In rural Breathitt County, for instance, there are 9,508 registered Democrats and just 1,599 registered Republicans. The county has a history of close contests, but Amy McGrath got only 1,652 votes versus 3,738 for McConnell, a 67% to 29% trouncing. McGrath’s votes, if accurate, equaled only 17% of registered Democrats in Breathitt County.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Paper ballots should be on file. If a local media outlet crowd sourced the cost I'm sure a recount could happen. Even if nothing can be done the truth should be out there. This sounds rather odd...
Just out of curiosity what is the party affiliation of other elected officials from that county? Do they consistently vote for Democrats and didn’t this time? What has happened in Mitch’s previous races there?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Kentucky has their very own version of a fascist state, and so do other Repub controlled ones. Hiding behind the facade of being a democratically principled state gov't makes these states so much more like the one Putin controls in Russia where lies are the truth simply because they are enforced by death threats and publicly held tests of loyalty (rallies). Trump's last days as POTUS was a perfect example of this use of Putin's Plan for establishing and maintaining a fascist state.

edit - Free and fair elections are the sworn enemy of a Repub party in decline. Expect things to get much worse as far as the Repubs having to rely on cheating the system to stay afloat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muse and Pohemi