Kentucky cuts number of polling stations by 95 percent ahead of primary voting

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This is why the Republican Sec of State is doing this. More Republican attempts to disenfranchise minority voters. They damn well know who this effect the most. Another example of systemic racism.

Kentucky cutting number of polling places for Tuesday’s primary from 3700 to 200
There will be one polling place for 616,000 registered voters in Louisville’s Jefferson County, where half state’s black voters live

Last edited:
Reactions: TeeJay1952

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
This is why the Republican Sec of State is doing this. More Republican attempts to disenfranchise moinority voters. They damn well know who this effect the most.

So glad that the Voting Rights Act isn''t needed anymore. Thanks SCOTUS.

Nov 17, 2019
They've allowed voting all this past week, so an awful lot of people have already cast ballots. Plus they've aggressively pushed absentee mail in ballots. The SOS is black and has angered the GOP and BunkerBoi by doing so.

It's all about the big bug and not having enough polling place staff available to 'clean, clean, clean, clean ....'

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
They've allowed voting all this past week, so an awful lot of people have already cast ballots.

It's all about the big bug and not having enough polling place staff available to 'clean, clean, clean, clean ....'
I'm sure that's it.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
You can't have polling places w/o volunteers to staff them. That's usually seniors who now take a pass for obvious reasons. Younger people less susceptible to dying really, really need to step up where they're needed. Please!

Nov 17, 2019
except that mcgrath has an actual challenger all of a sudden. and even though she has a huge war chest she kinda sucks as a candidate.
She's got the best qualification of all.

She ain't Mitch.

I think it'd be klinda cool if Mitch got Primaried though. One poll I looked at showed it a lot closer than he should expect.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The state of Kentucky is a broken democracy run by traitors, just like Wisconsin and North Carolina.

How depressing. Kentuckians need to follow Ukraine's example, toss Moscow Mitch and some of his friends in a dumpster.

One polling place for 616,000 registered voters. There should be people going to prison over that.

Last edited:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
She's got the best qualification of all.

She ain't Mitch.

I think it'd be klinda cool if Mitch got Primaried though. One poll I looked at showed it a lot closer than he should expect.
neither is charles booker, who is from louisville, won his last election (unlike mcgrath), and didn't botch a question about kavanaugh's fitness for the supreme court

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Our County (Marion County which is all of the City of Indianapolis) is Democrat controlled and they knocked the Polling stations from 125 to 22. Lines were around the buildings.
Sorry, what? Looks like not only was your county's primary voting on 02JUN, the entire state was eligible and encouraged to vote by mail.
Due to the COVID-19 health emergency, in-person voting for Election Day on June 2, 2020 will be limited. For this election only, all registered voters are permitted to vote by mail, and will receive absentee ballot applications at their registered voting address.

To vote by mail, your completed and correct application must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, May 21, 2020.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
The state of Kentucky is a broken democracy run by traitors, just like Wisconsin and North Carolina.

How depressing. Kentuckians need to follow Ukraine's example, toss Moscow Mitch and some of his friends in a dumpster.

One polling place for 616,000 registered voters. There should be people going to prison over that.
You should read the article before making wild accusations and pronouncements of guilt.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Our County (Marion County which is all of the City of Indianapolis) is Democrat controlled and they knocked the Polling stations from 125 to 22. Lines were around the buildings.
State elections are controlled by the Sec of State. That person is a Republican, Connie Lawson

Reactions: DarthKyrie

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You should read the article before making wild accusations and pronouncements of guilt.

Not really, you just need to follow your own advice before handing it out unsolicited.

The portion of the article I was paraphrasing:

"Ben Jealous, president of People For The American Way, described the situation as “Our Next Electoral Nightmare.”

“Half Kentucky’s Black voters live in one county,” he wrote. “It will have one polling place... for 616,000 registered voters.”

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Stick to worrying about gas and vinegar dave, assuming that's still you using the account.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Not really, you just need to follow your own advice before handing it out unsolicited.

The portion of the article I was paraphrasing:

"Ben Jealous, president of People For The American Way, described the situation as “Our Next Electoral Nightmare.”

“Half Kentucky’s Black voters live in one county,” he wrote. “It will have one polling place... for 616,000 registered voters.”
It appears you didn't see this part,
"making absentee ballots available for all voters, providing early in-person voting options for 15 days leading up to Election Day, and establishing a polling place for Election Day in-person voting".

They have issues, but it appears those issues are far more pandemic related than voter suppression related.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
That'll be their excuse for sure. That pandemic they don't believe in.
I've never heard anyone say they don't "believe" in the pandemic. I suppose there are some that think it's a conspiracy, but those folks are going to believe pretty much any wacko idea that comes along.