Kellyanne Conway "Why aren't reporters who "talk smack" about Trump fired?"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Pokerguy you are good for the lulz. You are like a slightly more articulate michal1980 in this thread. Good job!

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Boom, pow! Down goes the strawman! ;)

Nobody is trying to silence the press. Calling them out for their lies and bias? Yes. Silencing them? No.

what lies and bias? reporting the lies of the admin is now lies and bias?

What the hell happened to you?

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
The whole interview with her and Wallace was eye opening. At the end even Wallace was bowled over by her. Her rant at the end was amazing.

Just breathtaking how her mind works. I have to respect the way she handles her interviewers.

But. She is a Liar. If what she wanted to do, and what she wants to say is so noble a cause then she wouldn't have to lie.

But she has to lie, and so she does.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The whole interview with her and Wallace was eye opening. At the end even Wallace was bowled over by her. Her rant at the end was amazing.

Just breathtaking how her mind works. I have to respect the way she handles her interviewers.

But. She is a Liar. If what she wanted to do, and what she wants to say is so noble a cause then she wouldn't have to lie.

But she has to lie, and so she does.

She's like the Michelangelo of bullshit.

Reactions: jana519

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

Nobody is trying to silence the press. Calling them out for their lies and bias? Yes. Silencing them? No.

But she didn't call them out for their lies. She's upset that they're telling truths that make the Trump administration look bad. The inauguration crowd is the quintessential example: there's no disputing that the White House lied about the size of the crowd. It is an unquestionable, demonstrable fact. But to the White House (namely Conway and Spicer), it's not possible to admit that this was a lie -- instead, they attack the press for being unfair and biased for daring to rely on something so radical as observable evidence. They spin lies as "alternative facts."

Or look at the protests this weekend, for example. Trump lied about the number of people detained; he lied about the causes of delays (it's not protests, it was that Delta failure! Also, there are no Americans entering Baghdad). This is a White House that regularly offers objectively false data and omits important facts, and you expect us to believe that Conway is just calling people out? You're a joke.

Reactions: Bowfinger

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
She's like the Michelangelo of bullshit.
Yep, I wish when she's giving an interview and bragging on Trump they'd play some things she said while she was working for Cruz and ask her to explain her reversal. It'd be fun watching her head twist 180 degrees as she spun.

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Woooosh, that's the sound of the point going over your head again. You're right, she doesn't have any authority over who those fake news agencies employ, nor should she (or anyone in government) have any. They can hire whoever they want to spew their lefty garbage, and she's free to call them out on it.

Coincidentally, that's also the exact same amount of credibility places like CNN have anymore. Zero. Also, in case you didn't know, EVERY white house spokesperson is essentially a liar for hire. Is this news to you?
First, the legitimate (a/k/a mainstream) media are not the same as "fake" news. You repeated that lie easily a dozen times over the last few weeks, like an ADHD-addled parrot. That won't make it true, no matter how desperately you need to believe it.

Second, not all lies are created equal. There is a huge difference, both in quality and quantity, between the spin of a traditional WH spokesperson and the blatant, shameless, unfettered lying of Conway. Both are wrong, but one is a paper cut compared to the others complete butchery of truth.

These are perfect examples of how Donnie and his faithful use false equivalence to rationalize their vile behaviors. Yes, right-wing trolls in Macedonia invented completely fictional news stories, but one reporter mistakenly tweeted that MLK's bust was removed, so they're just the same. No, they aren't. Only a complete idiot or brainwashed tool would consider them equivalent. Unfortunately, the Trump camp seems to have no shortage of idiots and brainwashed tools.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Yep, I wish when she's giving an interview and bragging on Trump they'd play some things she said while she was working for Cruz and ask her to explain her reversal. It'd be fun watching her head twist 180 degrees as she spun.

Causing Sean Spicer to announce that she's not a fembot: she's an alternative human.

Reactions: soundforbjt

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
You know, as much as Donnie and his snowflakes whine about the press, they should count their blessings. If the mainstream media ever decides to actually go after Trump, that's exactly the sort of thing they could do. They have hundreds of hours of footage of Trump "supporters" attacking Donnie. Given the countless timed he's contradicted himself, they could easily fill hours with Trump debating himself. Cheer up Donnie, your relationship with the legitimate media could get much, much worse.

Reactions: soundforbjt

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
She's spot on of course. The job of the press is not to be supporters of the administration or the opposition party. They are there to report the news, to provide the information, not to simple be a platform to push a political agenda, picking and choosing nuggests of things they can report on to bolster their political bias.

The media swamp is in dire need of draining, but that can't be done by government. Government can't (and shouldn't) control the media, no matter how crappy and biased they are. Pointing out when they are biased trash is perfectly fine though, and I trust Trump and his people will have no problem doing that. The media will hysterically howl and whine when getting called out of course.....
Really? How many fvckwards @Fox News were fired for helping Trump promote birtherism? What about all the Fox hosts who went along with the fake birth certificate bullshit?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Kellyanne called them out for having the temerity to speak the truth in defiance of the wishes of the Hair Furor.

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
She's spot on of course. The job of the press is not to be supporters of the administration or the opposition party. They are there to report the news, to provide the information, not to simple be a platform to push a political agenda, picking and choosing nuggests of things they can report on to bolster their political bias.

The media swamp is in dire need of draining, but that can't be done by government. Government can't (and shouldn't) control the media, no matter how crappy and biased they are. Pointing out when they are biased trash is perfectly fine though, and I trust Trump and his people will have no problem doing that. The media will hysterically howl and whine when getting called out of course.....

I give you some credit. You came to the thread and tried to present the other side of the argument. But when someone says reporters ought to be fired for "talking smack," it's really indefensible. Shame on this administration.

Good spin though.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I really despise the entire "lose your job" social media brigade that is so popular in our country. How does that help anybody? It's a social lynching of sorts, and it's despicable.

Reactions: Zorba

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
Kellyanne called them out for having the temerity to speak the truth in defiance of the wishes of the Hair Furor.

"Hair Furor" that's hilarious. I'm using that!

I really despise the entire "lose your job" social media brigade that is so popular in our country. How does that help anybody? It's a social lynching of sorts, and it's despicable.

I agree and the way Conway is participating in it shows how irresponsible and reckless she is. Guess boss Trump rubs off on her.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
"Hair Furor" that's hilarious. I'm using that!

I agree and the way Conway is participating in it shows how irresponsible and reckless she is. Guess boss Trump rubs off on her.
Use the full name Hair Furor Gropenpussy.
Conway has been a snake long before she joined Hair Furor, remember she worked for Cruz before Hair Furor.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
That is my biggest issue with the SJW movement, but like you said, it is certainly not exclusive to the SJWs.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
what lies and bias? reporting the lies of the admin is now lies and bias?

Reporting the lies of the administration is not lies and bias. Lies and bias are. Most the the media are full of lies and bias. Despite having the easiest target in the world through this election cycle (Trump just can't help but open his mouth and say stupid things), they still felt the need to introduce lies and bias.... and got so bad that their credibility is now in the toilet.

What the hell happened to you?

Nothing happened to me, I'm not the one overcome by hysteria with the Trump administration, I'm just having a good old time laughing at all the chicken littles and lefty hypocrites. Head for your bunkers, Trump is out to get you! :D

First, the legitimate (a/k/a mainstream) media are not the same as "fake" news. You repeated that lie easily a dozen times over the last few weeks, like an ADHD-addled parrot. That won't make it true, no matter how desperately you need to believe it.

Of course of course, you're entitled to that opinion. In reality much of the main stream media is peddling "fake news", they just are better at packaging it and pretending to be legitimate news sources. Your saying that it isn't true doesn't make it not true. It is.

Second, not all lies are created equal. There is a huge difference, both in quality and quantity, between the spin of a traditional WH spokesperson and the blatant, shameless, unfettered lying of Conway. Both are wrong, but one is a paper cut compared to the others complete butchery of truth.

Oh, of course of course, when obummer said "if you like your insurance you can keep it", that was just a tiny white lie. When Trump says something about a meaningless thing like the number of people at the inauguration, it's a huge lie. Got it. :D

These are perfect examples of how Donnie and his faithful use false equivalence to rationalize their vile behaviors. Yes, right-wing trolls in Macedonia invented completely fictional news stories, but one reporter mistakenly tweeted that MLK's bust was removed, so they're just the same. No, they aren't. Only a complete idiot or brainwashed tool would consider them equivalent. Unfortunately, the Trump camp seems to have no shortage of idiots and brainwashed tools.

lol, at this pace you're going to have an aneurysm :D Now matter how much you rant and rave like all the other pathetic 3 year old foot stomping temper tantrum throwers, it's just your opinion. You're entitled to it, no matter how dumb. Just don't keep believing that your opinion must be taken as fact by anyone else.

Really? How many fvckwards @Fox News were fired for helping Trump promote birtherism? What about all the Fox hosts who went along with the fake birth certificate bullsh*t?

I have no idea. How many? If fox chose to fire them, that's up to fox. Just like it's up to CNN if they want to fire their habitual liars and crazies, just like it's up to MSNBC if they want to keep their liars and crazies. You see where this is going? The administration doesn't get to decide who should report and how, but they do get do comment on those providing biased news or lies. Freedom of the press doesn't mean freedom from commentary about their reporting. If Trump moves to have some reporter followed, hassled, spied on and arrested (like obummer did), let me know so I can be outraged. Otherwise, much ado about nothing.

To add to the general topic, not Conway specifically: Sean Spicer seriously suggested that 5-year-olds could be terrorist threats.

How can you give the administration any credibility when it's making outlandish claims like that?

I don't see a 5 year old as an immediate threat. They can definitely become one in the future, or they can be used by their parents as a weapon, but not at an airport. So what? I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I don't see a 5 year old as an immediate threat. They can definitely become one in the future, or they can be used by their parents as a weapon, but not at an airport. So what? I'm not sure what point you were trying to make.

It's really not hard to see the point here. You're worshipping Conway, Spicer et. al. as truth-tellers calling out the press on its bias, but these are the same people who will, with a straight face, claim that the immigration of a little kid poses a serious terrorist threat to the US. A suicide bomber doesn't need to emigrate to do damage, and presuming that a child will grow up to be an extremist simply because they're from a Muslim country... well, that's ridiculous.

It's simple logic. If the President's spokespeople tell easily disproven lies and exaggerations on a regular basis (and they clearly do), you can't trust any of their critiques of the press. They have an obvious incentive to cover up their lies by claiming that it's really the press who's shady. No, it's not an anti-Muslim ban, the press is just dragging us through the mud! Even though Giuliani explicitly said Trump was looking for a Muslim ban, the policy singles out Muslim-majority countries, and the exceptions conveniently focus on Christians...

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Reporting the lies of the administration is not lies and bias. Lies and bias are. Most the the media are full of lies and bias. Despite having the easiest target in the world through this election cycle (Trump just can't help but open his mouth and say stupid things), they still felt the need to introduce lies and bias.... and got so bad that their credibility is now in the toilet.

But what lies and bias?