Kellyanne Conway "Why aren't reporters who "talk smack" about Trump fired?"

jana519

Jul 12, 2014
Cry more crybaby. Waaaah. She isn't getting her way so now she's throwing a temper tantrum. She really wants reporters to be fired for doing their job. I am actually very embarrassed for her. She is a disgrace to the administration. Mrs. Conway wants the press to do what exactly? Bend their knees before Emperor Trump?

I don't think MSM is giving Trump a raw deal at all. He gets fair and favorable coverage by the major networks. Mrs. Conway ought to learn some poise. The press will report on things like Trump losing the popular election because those are the FACTS. Please, stop embarrassing yourself.

“I went on three network shows and spoke for 35 minutes on three network Sunday shows. You know what got picked? The fact that I said 'alternative facts,' not the fact that I ripped a new one to some of those hosts that they never cover the facts that matter,” Conway said. “Not one network person has been let go. Not one silly political analyst and pundit who talked smack all day long about Donald Trump has been let go,” she said. “Who is cleaning house? Which one is going to be the first network to get rid of these people who said things that were just not true?” she asked. She went on to question why the press does not operate like a “real business.” “They failed, they embarrassed their shareholders and their board members and their colleagues,” she said, noting that if the “mainstream media” were doing things right “20 percent of the people would be gone.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...t-trump-fired.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Lol @ Trump supporters.

Unfortunately, the founding fathers weep from beyond the grave.

Jan 25, 2011
It's that "the facts that matter" that concerns me. Seems to be the entire M.O. of the Trump team. How dare the media discuss things that we don't like. You will talk about what we dictate.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Gotta love it. Bannon declares that the Media is the Enemy & Kellyanne declares that they should just knuckle under & pay homage to the Emperor.

I don't think it will work out that way.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
She's spot on of course. The job of the press is not to be supporters of the administration or the opposition party. They are there to report the news, to provide the information, not to simple be a platform to push a political agenda, picking and choosing nuggests of things they can report on to bolster their political bias.

The media swamp is in dire need of draining, but that can't be done by government. Government can't (and shouldn't) control the media, no matter how crappy and biased they are. Pointing out when they are biased trash is perfectly fine though, and I trust Trump and his people will have no problem doing that. The media will hysterically howl and whine when getting called out of course.....

Reactions: imported_tajmahal

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
She's spot on of course. The job of the press is not to be supporters of the administration or the opposition party. They are there to report the news, to provide the information, not to simple be a platform to push a political agenda, picking and choosing nuggests of things they can report on to bolster their political bias.

The media swamp is in dire need of draining, but that can't be done by government. Government can't (and shouldn't) control the media, no matter how crappy and biased they are. Pointing out when they are biased trash is perfectly fine though, and I trust Trump and his people will have no problem doing that. The media will hysterically howl and whine when getting called out of course.....
You CANNOT be serious.

Humpy

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2011

How can she be spot on?

Isn't her forwarding the idea of firing "crappy" reporters an attempt at controlling the media?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

You are beyond lost.

The gaslighting has been irredeemably effective on you.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
How can she be spot on?

Isn't her forwarding the idea of firing "crappy" reporters an attempt at controlling the media?

No, her saying crappy reporters should be fired is not the an attempt to control the media. She has no right or power to fire the crappy reporters, but she surely has the right to point out when they are crappy reporters. Most of those idiots should be fired, but that's not going to happen.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
No, her saying crappy reporters should be fired is not the an attempt to control the media. She has no right or power to fire the crappy reporters, but she surely has the right to point out when they are crappy reporters. Most of those idiots should be fired, but that's not going to happen.

And who defines "crappy"? Her? The same person that will spout whatever talking points the person paying her the most wants her to?

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

amazing how butthurt you get when the media is doing the exact things you accused them of not doing enough when Obama was around.

Conservatives are such snowflakes these days. Buckle up, Sparky, because those safespaces are shrinking.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...nauguration-crowd-size-paranoia-a7552661.html

Trump is very, very likely mentally ill. It's quite obvious from his erratic and immature behaviour. This woman is a bottom feeding liar who is tasked with trying to make a piece of shit palatable. They are resorting to attacking the media. Trump die hards are too far gone to bring back to rational thought.

My concern would be the next election in four years. He will have the power and resources of his office to abuse and twist the election. If he were to lose he'll claim it was rigged and his drones would support it. The best luck would be impeachment or he becomes ill and checks out.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
And who defines "crappy"? Her?

Of course her. Who else should decide who she considers to be crappy reporters? You?

amazing how butthurt you get when the media is doing the exact things you accused them of not doing enough when Obama was around.

Conservatives are such snowflakes these days. Buckle up, Sparky, because those safespaces are shrinking.

lol, I just get great amusement from watching you flail around lashing out. :D I don't need safe spaces, I'm not the one throwing a tantrum, rioting, looting ...errrrr..... protesting and so forth. The lefty media is just in a tizzy because they are getting called out for being lefty shills for the democrats. Of course they will scream and howl in protest, but it doesn't change anything.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
My concern would be the next election in four years. He will have the power and resources of his office to abuse and twist the election. If he were to lose he'll claim it was rigged and his drones would support it. The best luck would be impeachment or he becomes ill and checks out.

haha, speaking of delusional :D To your bunker! Quick!

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Of course her. Who else should decide who she considers to be crappy reporters? You?

Well, I guess it's a good thing she has zero authority over who WaPo/NYT/CNN/etc. employ then, huh? Coincidentally, that zero is the same amount of credibility she has outside of her/your little bubble. The non mouth-breathing/knuckle-dragging demographic sees her for exactly who she is. Liar for hire. Trump won't be the last person she whores herself out to.

Humpy

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2011

How is it determined if is she speaking for herself or if she representing the Office of the President?

Trump and his crew don't seem to quite understand that everything they say and do has consequences, though they might not care and it probably doesn't matter.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

That's really sad. The media has an obligation to respect the facts. Well, unless it's Breitbart type media. When the Admin, any Admin, takes a counter-factual position it's the media's job to point that out.

Trump's inauguration crowd was not the bigly-est in history

The notion that there were 3-5M illegal votes is completely absurd.

I could go on, but you're so caught up in the Us v Them rhetoric that it would clearly fall on deaf ears.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Well, I guess it's a good thing she has zero authority over who WaPo/NYT/CNN/etc. employ then, huh?

Woooosh, that's the sound of the point going over your head again. You're right, she doesn't have any authority over who those fake news agencies employ, nor should she (or anyone in government) have any. They can hire whoever they want to spew their lefty garbage, and she's free to call them out on it.

Coincidentally, that zero is the same amount of credibility she has outside of her/your little bubble. The non mouth-breathing/knuckle-dragging demographic sees her for exactly who she is. Liar for hire. Trump won't be the last person she whores herself out to.

Coincidentally, that's also the exact same amount of credibility places like CNN have anymore. Zero. Also, in case you didn't know, EVERY white house spokesperson is essentially a liar for hire. Is this news to you?

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004

She waived the right to claim that reporters are crappy when she spun the White House's overt lies as "alternative facts."

The press will not be silenced.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
How is it determined if is she speaking for herself or if she representing the Office of the President?

Trump and his crew don't seem to quite understand that everything they say and do has consequences, though they might not care and it probably doesn't matter.

It doesn't matter if she's representing the office of the president. It doesnt' change anything. Neither she nor the president have the power to control what the media does. They do have the right to point out when the media does something crappy. Perfectly fine.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
She waived the right to claim that reporters are crappy when she spun the White House's overt lies as "alternative facts."

The press will not be silenced.

Boom, pow! Down goes the strawman! ;)

Nobody is trying to silence the press. Calling them out for their lies and bias? Yes. Silencing them? No.

Pens1566

Lifer
Oct 11, 2005
Woooosh, that's the sound of the point going over your head again. You're right, she doesn't have any authority over who those fake news agencies employ, nor should she (or anyone in government) have any. They can hire whoever they want to spew their lefty garbage, and she's free to call them out on it.

Coincidentally, that's also the exact same amount of credibility places like CNN have anymore. Zero. Also, in case you didn't know, EVERY white house spokesperson is essentially a liar for hire. Is this news to you?

Yeah, I'm the one that doesn't get/see it. Ok. Which one are you, Dunning or Kruger?