Kellyanne Conway violated Hatch Act twice. Recommended to Presidents office for disciplinary action

Jan 25, 2011
So. Anyone wanna bet this never happens? This is from the OSC Kerner so.... my bet is nothing.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-twice-in-tv-appearances#.Wp7LKmDG6rg.twitter
DXntvFlV4AAozW3.jpg:large

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
You may call this clear video evidence of Kellyanne's Hatch Act violations; I call it an alternative fact that you have chosen to cling to.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yea, right after he implements those sanctions ...

But really she should get a pass she probably still have PTSD after the whole bowling green massacre ordeal ... poor woman.

Reactions: Chocu1a
Feb 4, 2009
I know I’m in the slim minority that thinks Kelly Ann is age appropriate hot.
I’d definitely discipline her.

*ducks for cover*

Reactions: pcgeek11

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
It is sort of weird for me, as a male I guess, I couldnt fuck someone I found stupid if my life depended on it

Reactions: ivwshane
Jul 9, 2009
Big deal,Obama Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius also violated the Hatch Act. She had to pay her own travel expenses.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/12/sebelius-unlawfully-stumped-for-obama/

"The White House stood by Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius after federal investigators reported Wednesday that she unlawfully stumped for President Obama while delivering a speech earlier this year.

The Office of Special Counsel found Mrs. Sebelius violated the Hatch Act in February, when she told attendees at a Human Rights Campaign gala in North Carolina that re-electing Mr. Obama was “hugely important.” The law prohibits federal employees from engaging in partisan political activity in their official capacity."

Reactions: IJTSSG

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Big deal,Obama Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius also violated the Hatch Act. She had to pay her own travel expenses.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/sep/12/sebelius-unlawfully-stumped-for-obama/

"The White House stood by Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius after federal investigators reported Wednesday that she unlawfully stumped for President Obama while delivering a speech earlier this year.

The Office of Special Counsel found Mrs. Sebelius violated the Hatch Act in February, when she told attendees at a Human Rights Campaign gala in North Carolina that re-electing Mr. Obama was “hugely important.” The law prohibits federal employees from engaging in partisan political activity in their official capacity."
But Kellyanne did it TWICE, so she’s TWICE as guilty.

Reactions: IJTSSG

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
Well if Kellyann Conway was an FBI agent and had a spouse running for congress and received funding from Democrats then Trump would jail her for life. Until that happens he will do nothing just like Russia sanctions passed by congress.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

That bolded statement there is the violation. Saying that the President is "hugely important". You tell me how that compares to:
“Doug Jones in Alabama, folks, don’t be fooled. He will be a vote against tax cuts. He is weak on crime, weak on borders. He is strong on raising your taxes. He is terrible for property owners," Conway said in November.

“So, vote Roy Moore?” host Brian Kilmeade interjected.

“I’m telling you that we want the votes in the Senate to get this tax bill through,” Conway responded.

He'll be a reliable vote for tax hikes. He'll be a reliable vote against border security. He'll be a reliable vote against national security and keeping ISIS in retreat. He'll be the reliable vote against the Second Amendment and against life.

Level of campaigning by Sebelius: 2/10
Level of campaigning by Conway: 8/10
That's my evaluation, anyway. Tell me yours.

Let's look at accountability. First, Sebelius:
White House spokesman Eric Schultz said Mrs. Sebelius already has taken appropriate steps to rectify the situation, pointing out that she paid for the trip herself after attention was drawn to the incident.

Now, Conway:
OSC says it gave Conway, a former GOP pollster who served as Trump's campaign manager, the opportunity to respond as part of its report, but she did not.

So. On the minor violation, Sebelius spontaneously took accountability when the error was pointed out. Conway was given explicit opportunity to take accountability or to defend her violation and decided instead to ignore it. Now this report is in Trump's hand. We'll see what happens.

Personally, I don't think that this is a big deal in itself. I do think that this is a huge opportunity to see contrast in level of attention to ethical governance and accountability for deviations in application. That contrast is pervasive well beyond this incident and is a big deal.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
In and out. The 10 minute scandal.

Obama administration?
This would warrant a special investigation lasting at least 8 years, several billion dollars in taxpayer funding, and Fox News calling for the immediate impeachment of president Obama.
And this Conway thing is but only one of the hours and hours of 10 minute Trump scandals we've seen since Donald Trump took office....

Someone needs to do a comparison, maybe construct a spread sheet comparing every weekly Trump scandal, what was done about it, what Fox News said about it, the deafening silence from the republican controlled congress over it, then apply each and every Trump related scandal as if that had occurred during the Obama administration.
CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE ??????

Hmmmmm. Kind of makes sense now why the Clintons were harassed, hounded, investigated endlessly during the Clinton administration.
The millions and millions of taxpayer money spent, the endless never ending outrage from the right, that endless drum beat attacking the Clintons from every direction.
THAT full on 24/7 never ending republican outrage lasted a full 8 Clinton years. Starting from day one when Bill suggested allowing Gays to serve openly in the military.
Remamber? I remember....

Then we have the Trump administration.
Either we have all become immune, or too drugged down, or too something??? to even care anymore.

What was that terrible terrible awful shocking thing that happened just last week concerning the Trump administration?
The thing? The nail in the coffin to surely end the rule of Donald Trump?
Gee... I can't even remember.
All I remember is that it was HUGE, and the talk of all news media for 24 hours.
Gee... what was that??? Hmmmmm....

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Speaking of ethics issues...

https://apnews.com/22981b7ed6104cb0...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

EPA Chief Pruitt's aide given permission to work for private clients on the side - but their identities will be kept secret.

_________

Pruitt named Konkus, a Republican political consultant, to serve as the EPA’s deputy associate administrator for public affairs. His duties have included signing off on hundreds of millions in federal grants.

The letter gave Konkus approval to work for at least two clients. Those names were blacked out by the agency before a copy was provided to Congress, citing a privacy exemption more typically used to protect personnel records and medical files. The letter said Konkus was also expected to take on additional private clients, advising them about “strategy, mail and media production.”

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001

Um, yeah...

giphy.gif

Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
and on cue...

lol: "Big deal! Obama: ....."

The script really is writing itself.