Keith Olbermann on Ferraro

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
too funny msnbc video's work in firefox and pretty much every other mainstream news site requires my ie tab.

It looks like Ferraro learned a few things from Hillary.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
"I'm not endorsing senator obama."

natch, he did that about 3 months ago.

where's his righteous outrage over one of Obama's guys implying that Hillary was responsible for Bill cheating on her?

I put about as much stock in what KO says as I would Hannity or O'Reilly.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Originally posted by: superstition
Did he say anything about the Obama campaign's "monster" comment and resignation?

Yeah. And she got fired the next day. Obamas camp handled that as they should. The Clinton camp botched the handling of the Ferraro comments.

Clinton is a "monster," the way she has carried her campaign the past two weeks, is disgraceful.

She's coming close to out doing Nixon when it comes to dirty politics.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
it's a lot easier to tell a random staffer to gtfo than it is a formed VP candidate and major fund raiser... implying that Clinton kept her on staff deliberately to try and gain some benefit out of those craptastic remarks seems to reek of hds.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003
Originally posted by: loki8481
it's a lot easier to tell a random staffer to gtfo than it is a formed VP candidate and major fund raiser... implying that Clinton kept her on staff deliberately to try and gain some benefit out of those craptastic remarks seems to reek of hds.

No, she can say that she REJECTS and REPUDIATES the remarks. That is not hard. Unless you are a coward. You have to be fucking insane to defend Clinton on this.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: preslove

No, she can say that she REJECTS and REPUDIATES the remarks. That is not hard. Unless you are a coward. You have to be fucking insane to defend Clinton on this.

I think I'm in a space that's not really defending but still thinking people are (deliberately, for partisan gain) overreacting.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006

I think I'm in a space that's not really defending but still thinking people are (deliberately, for partisan gain) overreacting.

Not when shes repeatedly made the same comments over the years. She fits in with Billary, they all are race baiters.

preslove

Lifer
Sep 10, 2003

lol

No. You are defending. It is not hard to fire you finance director for making racist comments and then going on cable news shows to say more racist bullshit. Hillary may or may not be doing this on purpose, but she is sure as hell not showing leadership by refusing to come out and condemn Ferarro's statements in strong language.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003

No. You are defending. It is not hard to fire you finance director for making racist comments and then going on cable news shows to say more racist bullshit.

She was not her "finance director", she was part of her finance committe of which there are many many people. These are just people that sometimes help her with fund-raising.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: M0RPH
I like Oberman but the guy seems to be fervently anti-Clinton.

Anyone with half a brain is fervently anti-Clinton by now.

I actually liked clinton. But since S. Carolina, she's really rubbed me the wrong way. The Race baiting is shameful.

I think that Obama will probably be better than McCain but then again, it worries me that someone with relatively little experience will be president.

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
I think the 3 AM phone call ad is shameful. The Democrats are supposed to be above Republican fear-mongering. Obviously she proves that isn't necessarily true.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I think the 3 AM phone call ad is shameful. The Democrats are supposed to be above Republican fear-mongering. Obviously she proves that isn't necessarily true.

I liked it :(

it kinda made me think and realize, you know what? I'd rather have McCain be the one picking up the phone. heh.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005
Originally posted by: gersson

I actually liked clinton. But since S. Carolina, she's really rubbed me the wrong way. The Race baiting is shameful.

I think that Obama will probably be better than McCain but then again, it worries me that someone with relatively little experience will be president.

If you are worried about lack of experience, just watch the link posted by the op. there have been several decent presidents who have had little previous experience. Truth is, McCain is the only one who has significant experience if you are really that concerned about experience.

grrl

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2001

QFT. Considering how close Obama and Clinton are on most issues, you have to ask how a veritable nobody has been able to put Clinton into second place in a primary race. Sexism is convenient - and unconvincing - excuse because it really has to do with personality and personal history. Has Clinton ever shown herself to NOT be shrill, arrogant and paranoid? Has her husband ever shown himself to be honest, sincere or humble? Do we really want the Clinton soap opera back in the White House?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Wreckem
Did he say anything about the Obama campaign's "monster" comment and resignation?

Yeah. And she got fired the next day. Obamas camp handled that as they should. The Clinton camp botched the handling of the Ferraro comments.

Clinton is a "monster," the way she has carried her campaign the past two weeks, is disgraceful.

She's coming close to out doing Nixon when it comes to dirty politics.

Proving you know nothing of what you speak as usual, Nixon's dirty tricks in this case.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: grrl

QFT. Considering how close Obama and Clinton are on most issues, you have to ask how a veritable nobody has been able to put Clinton into second place in a primary race. Sexism is convenient - and unconvincing - excuse because it really has to do with personality and personal history. Has Clinton ever shown herself to NOT be shrill, arrogant and paranoid? Has her husband ever shown himself to be honest, sincere or humble? Do we really want the Clinton soap opera back in the White House?

Obama comes across to me as equally or more arrogant than Hillary; I rarely see her paranoid (e.g., the 'vast right-wing conspiracy she spoke of was quite real).

Your larger point is well taken, that Obama has some quality allowing him to come out of nowhere to surpass her, a charisma to many people.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Delita
Olbermann is a huge dolt

thanks for contributing to this thread with your insightful commentary. I'm sure that others here found it as useful and thought provoking as I did.

I just watched the video, and I think he nailed it right on the head. She is stopping at nothing to tear Obama down, and that is doing everything Democrats supposedly despise Republicans for doing. No wonder Ann Coulter likes her so much these days.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
"I'm not endorsing senator obama."

natch, he did that about 3 months ago.

where's his righteous outrage over one of Obama's guys implying that Hillary was responsible for Bill cheating on her?

I put about as much stock in what KO says as I would Hannity or O'Reilly.

QFT