Keith Olbermann: A true patriot

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
Olbermann is a political hack though...

He's not, you are.
You're just jealous because Olbermann's head is so big there's no more room in Hillary's colon for you.

You're like a pull-string idiot toy, where posting anything to you pulls the string and gets the response.

Since I'm in favor of at least three Democrats ahead of Hillary in the primary - Kucinich, Esrwads, and Obama - you can't even get your attack facts straight.

But heads in anuses is about your level of argument.
I'm just using your own style of argument against you. Therefore any accusation will do, facts of the matter be damned.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Olbermann is a political hack though...

He's not, you are.
You're just jealous because Olbermann's head is so big there's no more room in Hillary's colon for you.

You're like a pull-string idiot toy, where posting anything to you pulls the string and gets the response.

Since I'm in favor of at least three Democrats ahead of Hillary in the primary - Kucinich, Edwards, and Obama - you can't even get your attack facts straight.

But heads in anuses is about your level of argument.
I'm just using your own style of argument against you. Therefore any accusation will do, facts of the matter be damned.

And you're a liar.

Show me where my arguments are based on 'so and so's head is up so and so's butt'. You won't find it in my posts; I do find it in yours.

You are just trying to lie that our posts have pretty much any similarities, which is quite insulting to my posts.

You have not used my style of argument at all; and you have not disproven any facts in my posts, you merely talk about 'facts of the matter be damned' as an attack without evidence.

Now, I pulled your string, and expect to see more idiocy, but the toy becomes tiresome. You will probably be welcome to the last word for now.

And you're a liar.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: Vic
You guys are weird. He's the Bill O'Reilly of the media left. A figurehead of corporate propaganda disguised as political commentary and news.

10 years ago, no self-respecting liberal would ever allow his views to be spoonfed to him by the corporate media. The very idea would have been unthinkable. That kind of stupidity belonged to Limbaugh's dittoheads. Now you guys are proud of being spoonfed, just like the dittoheads were. In fact, I can't tell the difference anymore, as many of you who are my age (or older) were dittoheads back then (McOwen *cough* McOwen).
Makes me sick, how the very core ideals of liberalism have been betrayed.

:thumbsup:

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
You guys are weird. He's the Bill O'Reilly of the media left.

Except that Olbermann's opinion and editortial pieces are based on verifiable facts while Billious spews garbage based on complete distortions of reality and complete fabrications. Fact check Olbermann vs. Billo. Regardless of whether you agree with the conclusions they draw, at least, Olbermann is dealing with a full deck.

10 years ago, no self-respecting liberal would ever allow his views to be spoonfed to him by the corporate media. The very idea would have been unthinkable. That kind of stupidity belonged to Limbaugh's dittoheads. Now you guys are proud of being spoonfed, just like the dittoheads were. In fact, I can't tell the difference anymore, as many of you who are my age (or older) were dittoheads back then (McOwen *cough* McOwen).
Makes me sick, how the very core ideals of liberalism have been betrayed.

BULLSHIT! Can you say < cough > Edward R. Morrow? You remember... The man who, in a single comment on CBS Evening News, is credited with turning public opinion against senator Joe McCarthy, who ruined so many lives with his insideously un-American witch hunt for alleged communists.

Can you say < cough > Walter Cronkite? You remember... "The Most Trusted Man In America," who is credited with turning public opinion against the war in Vietnam in a single comment on CBS Evening News.

Responsible journalism isn't constrained to reporting all the voices about a news topic. It includes drawing reasonable conclusions from the facts and illuminating false, misleading and fraudulant information. Olbermann is following in the fine tradition of Morrow and Cronkite. Comparing him to lying, drug addled spewers of hate and deceit like Limbaugh is as factually wrong and ethically challenged as the most vial of Limbaugh's own lies.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I cannot believe, Harvey, that you just compared Olbermann to Morrow and Cronkite. :roll:

Not that you're a liberal anyway. You're a mindless bot for various moral authoritarian crusades. Go back 80 years and you'd have been fighting "demon rum." The problem with your kind is that you're deluded. You can't figure it out that you're just as bad, just as much of a lying spewer of hate and deceit, as those you're fighting against.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey
BULLSHIT! Can you say < cough > Edward R. Morrow? You remember... The man who, in a single comment on CBS Evening News, is credited with turning public opinion against senator Joe McCarthy, who ruined so many lives with his insideously un-American witch hunt for alleged communists.

Can you say < cough > Walter Cronkite? You remember... "The Most Trusted Man In America," who is credited with turning public opinion against the war in Vietnam in a single comment on CBS Evening News.

Sorry, Harvey, but once again your analogies fail. Olbermann is no Morrow or Cronkite. He may have their left-wing bias, but that's about it. He's a paid commentator, and nothing more. He's the voice of the far-left corporate elite, not mainstream America.

Responsible journalism isn't constrained to reporting all the voices about a news topic. It includes drawing reasonable conclusions from the facts and illuminating false, misleading and fraudulant information. Olbermann is following in the fine tradition of Morrow and Cronkite. Comparing him to lying, drug addled spewers of hate and deceit like Limbaugh is as factually wrong and ethically challenged as the most vial of Limbaugh's own lies.

No, you're wrong again, Harvey. Responsible journalism is about presenting FACT and EVIDENCE, not COMMENTARY and OPINION. A journalist is supposed to separate their personal views and beliefs from the story they are working on. They're not supposed to tell us what the facts mean to them or spew propaganda to tilt public opinion.

Let me repeat, since you are either being purposefully obtuse or you're incredibly naive, Keith Olbermann IS NOT A JOURNALIST. Period.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pabster
No, you're wrong again, Harvey. Responsible journalism is about presenting FACT and EVIDENCE, not COMMENTARY and OPINION. A journalist is supposed to separate their personal views and beliefs from the story they are working on. They're not supposed to tell us what the facts mean to them or spew propaganda to tilt public opinion.

Let me repeat, since you are either being purposefully obtuse or you're incredibly naive, Keith Olbermann IS NOT A JOURNALIST. Period.

And that is YOUR OPINION, which happens NOT to be based in any facts, whatsoever.

True journalists are NOT constrained to parroting a list of facts and quotes, and I'm not arguing that Olbermann doesn't give COMMENTARY and OPINION. They pay him to do that because he's good at it, and contrary to your previous posts, his ratings are NOT falling, they're rising.

However, COMMENTARY and OPINION are only valid as long as they're based on FACTS. Honest journalists are responsible for reporting the truth, and clearly distinguishing such reporting from any opinion or commentary they may offer based on those facts. Whether you agree with Olbermann's conclusions is up to you, but he ALWAYS lays out the facts and builds his case before stating his conclusions and opinions... unlike Billo (and you). :roll:

I really don't give a damn whether you agree with him. I repeat the challenge -- FACT CHECK his pieces before you LIE again.

johnnobts

Golden Member
Jun 26, 2005
olbermann is not a journalist, he is an editorialist. he is more an entertainer than a newsbroadcaster. i would compare him to rush limbaugh, though obviously on the other side politically. that, and rush is actually funny (and intelligent).

its upsetting to see other folks at msnbc try to emulate olbermann now, such as chris matthews. matthews has always been a partisan hack, but he's not even trying to hide it now. i think msnbc is intentionally going more left, its just good business for them, to pick up more left-leaning viewers who have found anderson cooper and the folks at cnn to be just plain boring. meanwhile, the majority of americans will continue to watch Fox News.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: johnnobts

olbermann is not a journalist, he is an editorialist.

THAT is YOUR opinion, but when he reports facts, especially when he breaks new FACTUAL information, he is a journalist. He becomes commentator or editorialist when he then draws conclusions and opinions based on those facts, but whether or not you agree with him, at least, his positions are based on the facts he reports.

That's more than you can say about Limbaugh. or Billo, or ANY other truth challenged alleged reporter, let alone commentator, on Faux, on any day on almost any subject.

Disagree with him if you want, but FACT CHECK HIM, and if you can't disprove his factual premise, you'd better be able to disprove the validity of his conclusions. If you can't you're just blowing smoke.

Ozoned

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2004
This Olbermann guy seems to have quite a following. Of course the Bdsers do need a leader,,,to do the thinking.
What the Hell are the Bdsers going to do when the B is gone? Heh heh.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
Originally posted by: Ozoned
This Olbermann guy seems to have quite a following. Of course the Bdsers do need a leader,,,to do the thinking.

breathe a sigh of relief with the rest of the world.

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999

Brainless brown nosed Bushwhacko sycophants who keep spouting "BDS" are the reason I'm proud to be called a "BDSer" on AT P&N.

We'll be glad the nightmare of your TRAITOR IN CHIEF and his criminal cabal of TRAITORS, MURDERERS and LIARS is gone and sorry that it didn't happen soon enough to save our once proud nation from the destruction they've wrought.

As of 12/15/07 10:12 pm EDT 3,892 Americans have died, tens of thousands more Americans are wounded, scarred and disabled for life, and TRILLIONS of dollars have been squandered in their war of LIES.
rose.gif
:(
rose.gif

If there is any justice remaining in this nation, the entire administration will be tried and convicted for their MURDER, TREASON and outright CORRUPTION. :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:

I believe George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Karl Rove and everyone else involved in pimping their fraudulant war against America should be given lifetime vactions at the beautiful downtown Guantanamo Hilton with free daily passes on the exciting waterboard ride. They said it isn't torture. They should be given extended opportunities to prove it on themselves.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Originally posted by: Harvey

Brainless brown nosed Bushwhacko sycophants who keep spouting "BDS" are the reason I'm proud to be called a "BDSer" on AT P&N.

We'll be glad the nightmare of your TRAITOR IN CHIEF and his criminal cabal of TRAITORS, MURDERERS and LIARS is gone and sorry that it didn't happen soon enough to save our once proud nation from the destruction they've wrought.

As of 12/15/07 10:12 pm EDT 3,892 Americans have died, tens of thousands more Americans are wounded, scarred and disabled for life, and TRILLIONS of dollars have been squandered in their war of LIES.
rose.gif
:(
rose.gif

If there is any justice remaining in this nation, the entire administration will be tried and convicted for their MURDER, TREASON and outright CORRUPTION. :thumbsdown: :| :thumbsdown:

I believe George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Karl Rove and everyone else involved in pimping their fraudulant war against America should be given lifetime vactions at the beautiful downtown Guantanamo Hilton with free daily passes on the exciting waterboard ride. They said it isn't torture. They should be given extended opportunities to prove it on themselves.

Jesus man get a life.

Politics != religion

I think if the Rs win in 08 Harvey will kill someone--seriously.

BTW why don't you address the point i made on Olbermann:

Lets look at this logically:

Most lefties love him check
He mainly attacks conservatives check
Most lefties think he's a patriot check
Most righties think he's a partisan hack check
"He pisses off you righties"check thanks dmcowen674

Now lets try another person: Rush:

Most righties love him check
He mainly attacks liberals check
Most righties think he's a patriot check
Most lefties think he's a partisan hack check
"He pisses off you lefties"check thanks bizarro world dmcowen674 :p

So Olbermann and Rush have a lot in common; except one is on the far left and another is on the far right.

I don't know why I'm even trying to explain this. For some odd reason lefties can't see liberal partisan hacks (righties can easily spot conservative partisan hacks--they DON'T DENY Rush's political leanings).

Harvey

Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY

:laugh: Alright - who pulled chatty cathy's(harvey) string? :laugh:

You did, and the automated response is :lips: my (_!_). :laugh:

Originally posted by: BigJelly

BTW why don't you address the point i made on Olbermann:

Lets look at this logically:
So Olbermann and Rush have a lot in common; except one is on the far left and another is on the far right.

Sorry if you're reading challenged. Why didn't you notice that I did address exactly that point? I posted:

Honest journalists are responsible for reporting the truth, and clearly distinguishing such reporting from any opinion or commentary they may offer based on those facts. Whether you agree with Olbermann's conclusions is up to you, but he ALWAYS lays out the facts and builds his case before stating his conclusions and opinions... unlike Billo (and you). :roll:

I don't know why I'm even trying to explain this. For some odd reason lefties can't see liberal partisan hacks (righties can easily spot conservative partisan hacks--they DON'T DENY Rush's political leanings).

I don't know why you bother, either. Looks like we agree that you should stop wasting everyone's time with such bullshit.

I don't deny Limbaugh's "leanings." I don't really give a shit about one trick ponies like him who only spews bigotry, hatred and LIES.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

[/quote]

Bigjelly, you can make false comparisons all day by looking at the superficial rather than the important qualities.

I often like to do this with an analogy of two guys, in a bank, each has a gun, each shoots someone - so they're equal. Oh, one's a robber, one's a cop.

You make a lot of assumptions in the above, including that the left and right are equally accurate in who they say is a hack, that their content is equal quality, etc. Wrong.

How many ways do you need to see the flaws in your limited comparison? How about JFK and Bush both 'winning' close elections, both having passionate enemies, etc.? Equal? (No.)

One more for the righties - take your pick of your favorite Nobel Peace Prize Winner, and equate them with the most recent winner (Al Gore). The same?

Olbermann has far higher standards than the right-wing blowhards and liars, the demagogues for the right. Their low quality is documented daily in the web site Media Matters for America where you can see thousands of distortions and errors listed and proven from the right, while there is a far lower rate of such behavior from the left (you don't see theright embarrass itself by trying to make an equivalent web site, yet).

Ultimately, like whether the Beatles or the Monkees were better, you have a matter of opinion, and one thing both sides can agree on is there are many ill-equipped to judge.

The Moyers interview with Olbermann was very good, I thought, and showed Olbermann for what he is, and was a refreshing reminder why speaking out against wrong helps.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Jesus fscking Christ, speaking the obvious doesn't make someone special. Olberman isn't saying anything that someone with eyes, ears and common semse doesn't already know.

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002

Bigjelly, you can make false comparisons all day by looking at the superficial rather than the important qualities.

I often like to do this with an analogy of two guys, in a bank, each has a gun, each shoots someone - so they're equal. Oh, one's a robber, one's a cop.

You make a lot of assumptions in the above, including that the left and right are equally accurate in who they say is a hack, that their content is equal quality, etc. Wrong.

How many ways do you need to see the flaws in your limited comparison? How about JFK and Bush both 'winning' close elections, both having passionate enemies, etc.? Equal? (No.)

One more for the righties - take your pick of your favorite Nobel Peace Prize Winner, and equate them with the most recent winner (Al Gore). The same?

Olbermann has far higher standards than the right-wing blowhards and liars, the demagogues for the right. Their low quality is documented daily in the web site Media Matters for America where you can see thousands of distortions and errors listed and proven from the right, while there is a far lower rate of such behavior from the left (you don't see theright embarrass itself by trying to make an equivalent web site, yet).

Ultimately, like whether the Beatles or the Monkees were better, you have a matter of opinion, and one thing both sides can agree on is there are many ill-equipped to judge.

The Moyers interview with Olbermann was very good, I thought, and showed Olbermann for what he is, and was a refreshing reminder why speaking out against wrong helps.

jesus tap dancing christ almighty. This is exactlly my point: Lefties can't spot liberal hacks. Miss the story where MM missquoted Orielly AND Rush this year? Either they are extremely stupid in that they can't quote properlly or they are a partisan organization that calls themself non-partisan. (of course they could be both)

There's an old saying: If you think everyone is crazy, then you're the crazy one. It seems that only the foaming-at-the-mouth-liberals can't see that Olbermann is a partisan. Even some liberals in this thread have called him a hack. Look at the posts and realize only the far-far-far lefties are the ones that are defending his "non-partisan" standing.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I cannot believe, Harvey, that you just compared Olbermann to Morrow and Cronkite. :roll:

Not that you're a liberal anyway. You're a mindless bot for various moral authoritarian crusades. Go back 80 years and you'd have been fighting "demon rum." The problem with your kind is that you're deluded. You can't figure it out that you're just as bad, just as much of a lying spewer of hate and deceit, as those you're fighting against.

You guys didn't hold back on jumping all over Conkites successor Dan Rather.

Speaking of heros, how come Rush or Hannity never made it to the big stage on TV?

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Speaking of heros, how come Rush or Hannity never made it to the big stage on TV?

Watch TV much? :p

By jumping on Dan Rather, you mean exposing a forged document where their own experts warned them not to put it on the air because it was a forgery. Then yes.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Jesus fscking Christ, speaking the obvious doesn't make someone special. Olberman isn't saying anything that someone with eyes, ears and common semse doesn't already know.

Sometimes it takes some guts to tell the truth.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Exactly.

Except I defended Rather AND voted for Kerry.

Don't lump me in with "you guys," troll, when you're the lying fscktard who voted for Bush, by your own admission. That's exactly my point. Just because you jumped parties doesn't mean we can't tell that you kept the same uber-partisan ideology.

In fact, I bet that -- right now -- Harvey and McOwen are holding in the hands a list of 200 clandestine members of the Republican party.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

Exactly.

You guys didn't hold back on jumping all over Cronkite's successor Dan Rather.

Speaking of hero's, how come Rush or Hannity never made it to the big stage on TV?

Don't lump me in with "you guys," troll, when you're the lying fscktard who voted for Bush, by your own admission. That's exactly my point. Just because you jumped parties doesn't mean we can't tell that you kept the same uber-partisan ideology.

In fact, I bet that -- right now -- Harvey and McOwen are holding in the hands a list of 200 clandestine members of the Republican party.

I did not vote for Bush in 2004 and you are clearly delusional.

You should check in to nearest psychiatrist stat.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Exactly.

You guys didn't hold back on jumping all over Cronkite's successor Dan Rather.

Speaking of hero's, how come Rush or Hannity never made it to the big stage on TV?

I did not vote for Bush in 2004 and you are clearly delusional.

You should check in to nearest psychiatrist stat.

Really, troll? :roll:

Tell ya what, I'll dig up the old posts where you admitted for voting for Bush as soon as you find posts of mine where I joined "you guys" in "jumping all over" Rather. Oh wait, you won't find any posts of mine like that. In fact, I was pushing the "Anybody But Bush" campaign so strong back in 2004 that I probably would have even told people to vote for you instead of Bush.

So don't call me delusional or whatever else like that while you're telling bald-faced lies about me.

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

It does when your the only one in MSM doing it.