Keith Olbermann: A true patriot

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You guys are weird. He's the Bill O'Reilly of the media left. A figurehead of corporate propaganda disguised as political commentary and news.

10 years ago, no self-respecting liberal would ever allow his views to be spoonfed to him by the corporate media. The very idea would have been unthinkable. That kind of stupidity belonged to Limbaugh's dittoheads. Now you guys are proud of being spoonfed, just like the dittoheads were. In fact, I can't tell the difference anymore, as many of you who are my age (or older) were dittoheads back then (McOwen *cough* McOwen).
Makes me sick, how the very core ideals of liberalism have been betrayed.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: UberNeuman
Originally posted by: ScottMac
Perhaps he damaged his brain when he got his head caught in the subway train doors. Real mental giant there.

Then again, something that small surrounded by such a thick layer of bone(er) is probably difficult to damage.

If nobody watches, it doesn't matter what he says.

Kinda like the falling tree in the forest. Or an idiot screaming "Hey I got my head stuck in this here train door......"

He's Lame.

Attack the messenger, and not the message.....
Oh please... give me a break, that is all we do on P&N.

Pabster or I make a thread based on anything and people attack us and ignore the idea behind the thread.

Some times P&N is an interesting exchange of ideas, most of the time it is BS name calling.

That's because "anything" is usually so stupid that it's not even worth addressing.

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: TastesLikeChicken
Dear, you're the one who made the comment about "wasting time."
And you're the one issuing apologisms for Olbermann.

You see, I recognize that O'Reilly is a partisan hack too. So is Coulter. But you seemingly try to claim that Olbermann is not when he so clearly is. So if either of us has a more balanced viewpoint of what constitutes a partisan hack, I'd have to say it's me and not you.

Thing is, dear, that I never claimed that Olbermann wasn't partisan, my contention is that facts tend to back his viewpoint better than, say O'Reilly or Coulter...
If you're not claiming Olberman is partisan then why did you respond to my post in hte first place, kiddo?

I'm sorry, but you went off on a HDS kick.... which really had nothing to do with the topic...
The topic is Olbermann. He's a partisan hack.

Am I a partisan hack? Well I voted for Clinton twice. I voted for Gore (shivers). I voted for Badnarik. And if Obama wins the Democratic nomination I'll vote for him.

So despite all the partisan, BDS hacks in here insisting that I'm any kind of partisan hack, my record doesn't suport that. I wonder what THEIR record supports? Hmmm?

I've read your reply three times now, and I'm still failing to see what you're getting at - as now you're veering into the "what other people have said about you" area....

Those wounds will heal in time, but for now, may I suggest a AIM chat room to help you out...

UberNeuman

Lifer
Nov 4, 1999
Originally posted by: Vic
You guys are weird. He's the Bill O'Reilly of the media left. A figurehead of corporate propaganda disguised as political commentary and news.

10 years ago, no self-respecting liberal would ever allow his views to be spoonfed to him by the corporate media. The very idea would have been unthinkable. That kind of stupidity belonged to Limbaugh's dittoheads. Now you guys are proud of being spoonfed, just like the dittoheads were. In fact, I can't tell them difference anymore, as many of you who are my age (or older) were dittoheads back then (McOwen *cough* McOwen). Makes me sick, how the very core ideals of liberalism have been betrayed.

Here's the funny part - I've only seen Olbermann once - and that was a post on the internet... I don't watch any shows, such as his, or the Daily Show, or Cobert....

Wow, I formed an opinion all by myself!!!!!!

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: sandorski
That's because "anything" is usually so stupid that it's not even worth addressing.
That is interesting because 90% of MY threads are based on reliable news sources such as the New York Times or Washington Post.

I don?t recall which thread, but Pabster recently created a thread based on something in the New York Times and the first few responses were ?yet another Pabster thread.?

We have become so polarized that I could create a post based on something from DailyKos and someone would accuse me of making yet another ?right wing talking point thread.?

It is just sad.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That is interesting because 90% of MY threads are based on reliable news sources such as the New York Times or Washington Post.

I don?t recall which thread, but Pabster recently created a thread based on something in the New York Times and the first few responses were ?yet another Pabster thread.?

We have become so polarized that I could create a post based on something from DailyKos and someone would accuse me of making yet another ?right wing talking point thread.?

It is just sad.

That's because you and Pabster add your own spin/interpretation to all those articles that lobotomizes all who read it.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006

It is just sad.
That's because you and Pabster add your own spin/interpretation to all those articles that lobotomizes all who read it.
If I could I would post at least half my threads without comment.
But that is against the rules so I am trying to keep the comments short and non-inflammatory.

I am here to share ideas and opinions with others; sadly we don?t do that very often.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

10 years ago, no self-respecting liberal would ever allow his views to be spoonfed to him by the corporate media. The very idea would have been unthinkable. That kind of stupidity belonged to Limbaugh's dittoheads. Now you guys are proud of being spoonfed, just like the dittoheads were. In fact, I can't tell them difference anymore, as many of you who are my age (or older) were dittoheads back then (McOwen *cough* McOwen). Makes me sick, how the very core ideals of liberalism have been betrayed.

Here's the funny part - I've only seen Olbermann once - and that was a post on the internet... I don't watch any shows, such as his, or the Daily Show, or Cobert....

Wow, I formed an opinion all by myself!!!!!!

So you formed an opinion that a corporate talking head was an American patriot all on the basis of only seeing him once?

Mean MrMustard

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Pabster
Keith Olbermann is a big, ugly, left-wing blowhard gasbag. He's about as credible as Rosie O'Donnell.

PS his ratings are pretty pathetic. Take a look sometime. :laugh:

Achtung schnell!

Ich bich ein Bush!!

BigJelly

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Olbermann isn't a patriot. He's that other "p" word - a partisan. You can append hack onto the end of that as well. He's no less partisan or shrill than O'Reilly and occassionally even comes off as the lefty version of Anne Coulter when he goes into spittle-filled rant mode.

Which statements has he made that make him partisan?

EDIT: I think its just because he attacks bush is why you say that IMO

Lets look at this logically:

Most lefties love him check
He mainly attacks conservatives check
Most lefties think he's a patriot check
Most righties think he's a partisan hack check
"He pisses off you righties"check thanks dmcowen674

Now lets try another person: Rush:

Most righties love him check
He mainly attacks liberals check
Most righties think he's a patriot check
Most lefties think he's a partisan hack check
"He pisses off you lefties"check thanks bizarro world dmcowen674 :p

So Olbermann and Rush have a lot in common; except one is on the far left and another is on the far right.

I don't know why I'm even trying to explain this. For some odd reason lefties can't see liberal partisan hacks (righties can easily spot conservative partisan hacks--they DON'T DENY Rush's political leanings).

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005
Originally posted by: Donny Baker
Keith Olbermann is a big, ugly, left-wing blowhard gasbag. He's about as credible as Rosie O'Donnell.

Achtung schnell!

Ich bich ein Bush!!

Typical liberal defense tactic, likening Bush to Hitler.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Olbermann isn't a patriot. He's that other "p" word - a partisan. You can append hack onto the end of that as well. He's no less partisan or shrill than O'Reilly and occassionally even comes off as the lefty version of Anne Coulter when he goes into spittle-filled rant mode.

No, I say that because he has his head so far up Hillary's rectum she's canceled her colonoscopies.

HDS rears its head...

Yes, that comes into every thread and she is not even President yet :laugh:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

10 years ago, no self-respecting liberal would ever allow his views to be spoonfed to him by the corporate media. The very idea would have been unthinkable. That kind of stupidity belonged to Limbaugh's dittoheads. Now you guys are proud of being spoonfed, just like the dittoheads were. In fact, I can't tell the difference anymore, as many of you who are my age (or older) were dittoheads back then (McOwen *cough* McOwen).
Makes me sick, how the very core ideals of liberalism have been betrayed.

I was never a "dittohead".

I never liked Limbaugh from the time he came onto the scene attacking Bill Clinton with garbage.

I was also in Atlanta when Sean Hannity left Atlanta and got his own show as Rush Jr for the GOP. Sean was a good talk show host until he was recruitted by the evil GOP empire but he's a multi-millionaire now so he doesn't give a crap he sold out his country.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Corbett
Originally posted by: Donny Baker

Achtung schnell!

Ich bich ein Bush!!

Typical liberal defense tactic, likening Bush to Hitler.
Yeah really, theres no comparison, Hitler was an evil deranged genius where as Bush is just an incompetent mouthpiece for his handlers.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey
I never said Billious doesn't have his own following. Brown nosing neocon sycophants like you and PJ are so out of tune with reality that your whack enough to suck on his bullshit, but that doesnt make what he says true.

You lied, like usual, Harvey. O'Reilly beats Olbermann in the prime-time slot by a ridiculous margin. Spin it any way you like, it doesn't change the cold hard facts.

Until the neocon sycophantsy can fact check him and prove him wrong, they can call him names and rant all they want, but that's all they can do. Their credibility is already shot. :thumbsup: :cool: :thumbsup:

How do you prove an opinion piece wrong? There's no fact or evidence to disprove. All Olbermann presents is hot air and left-wing talking points.

Other reputable journalists call Olbermann a journalist. That's more than you can say for Billo or any other POS neocon mouthpiece on Faux. So before you open your mouth wide enough to suck on both feet, again, FACT CHECK what he says. If you can't find errors, you may have to try something other than spewing your usual bullshit.

Oh bullshit. No reputable journalist would call Olbermann a journalist. The only ones who do that are left-wing sycophant blowhards like yourself who kiss his ass and dream that one day he'll overtake O'Reilly. I challenge you, Harvey, to find a single thread where I've cited or sourced a piece from O'Reilly. You won't, because I do not. The only ones who discuss O'Reilly on this board are the left-wing nutjobs, pissed off because his ratings are so high. :laugh:

You clearly still do not understand the difference between a commentator and a journalist. Here's a big hint for you: Neither O'Reilly nor Olbermann fall in to the latter category, by any stretch of a partisan hack's definition.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Yeah you're right, you are more of a troll :laugh:

Careful there, son. You're not exactly high on the credibility list yourself, and threads like this aren't helping.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

It is just sad.

Yep. In fact, it happens on all of them. My latest Hillary thread was derailed by the left-wing nuts. Apparently the NY Times and Washington Post are no longer credible news sources...unless they happen to be bashing Bush or spewing pro-Clinton propaganda.

It isn't just here, though. The entire country is polarized to an extent I've never seen before. There's no logical discussion or debate, just propaganda, talking points, and hot air.

Sep 12, 2004
Originally posted by: BigJelly

Lets look at this logically:

Most lefties love him check
He mainly attacks conservatives check
Most lefties think he's a patriot check
Most righties think he's a partisan hack check
"He pisses off you righties"check thanks dmcowen674

Now lets try another person: Rush:

Most righties love him check
He mainly attacks liberals check
Most righties think he's a patriot check
Most lefties think he's a partisan hack check
"He pisses off you lefties"check thanks bizarro world dmcowen674 :p

So Olbermann and Rush have a lot in common; except one is on the far left and another is on the far right.

I don't know why I'm even trying to explain this. For some odd reason lefties can't see liberal partisan hacks (righties can easily spot conservative partisan hacks--they DON'T DENY Rush's political leanings).
Exactly.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Dear, you're the one who made the comment about "wasting time."
And you're the one issuing apologisms for Olbermann.

You see, I recognize that O'Reilly is a partisan hack too. So is Coulter. But you seemingly try to claim that Olbermann is not when he so clearly is. So if either of us has a more balanced viewpoint of what constitutes a partisan hack, I'd have to say it's me and not you.

I recognize that Stalin was a mass murderer too, not just TLC. So I'm fair and balanced.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Craig234
I recognize that Stalin was a mass murderer too, not just TLC. So I'm fair and balanced.

Great, you've finally made it to what, 1940? :laugh:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

It is just sad.

Yep. In fact, it happens on all of them. My latest Hillary thread was derailed by the left-wing nuts.

Apparently the NY Times and Washington Post are no longer credible news sources

...unless they happen to be bashing Bush or spewing pro-Clinton propaganda.

It isn't just here, though.

The entire country is polarized to an extent I've never seen before.

There's no logical discussion or debate, just propaganda, talking points, and hot air.

Well OMGWTFBBQ

The two of you deserve personal accolades for making the above mentioned polarization of the country possible. You guys are right up there with GW Bush, Rush and Hannity for here in the online domain.

You both should be extremely pleased as well as certainly comfortable with this rather than the fake surprise that this has happened.

I give you guys kudos seriously, you worked very hard on here fostering this environment.

Are you two actually going to say Fox is any less credible than the NY Times or Washington Post?

The entire "information" medium in the U.S. is skewed.

I put information in quotes because it is no longer a medium of information, it is 110% taken over by paid propaganda machines.

I posted an article a long way back that showed there are many people paid by the GOP and probably now the Democrats as well to post their propaganda online. I called that "paid shills" and that has become a normal phrase used now and they have been caught in the fake debates as well by both sides.

Whether you guys are paid or not is difficult to prove without an official investigation via supeona but the effects of the posts are obvious.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Whether you guys are paid or not is difficult to prove without an official investigation via supeona but the effects of the posts are obvious.

Why is it that you constantly accuse anyone who doesn't share your views as being a "paid shill"?

And what are "the effects of the posts"?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Craig234
Olbermann is a political hack though...

He's not, you are.
You're just jealous because Olbermann's head is so big there's no more room in Hillary's colon for you.

You're like a pull-string idiot toy, where posting anything to you pulls the string and gets the response.

Since I'm in favor of at least three Democrats ahead of Hillary in the primary - Kucinich, Esrwads, and Obama - you can't even get your attack facts straight.

But heads in anuses is about your level of argument.