Keeping Skyrim interesting with skill choices

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I've done a standard warrior build and a destruction mage build. It seems to me that if you just go for one class then the game can get a lot more samey in terms of combat very quickly (e.g. two-handed combat can be satisfying for a while, but soon feels sluggish and slow).

I wanted to change things up a bit so I decided to go for archer / conjuror, (and this time I even didn't choose a Nord character! really adventurous, I know), this time as a Breton (not that adventurous, I know), and I chose the mage stone rather than warrior stone.

Surprisingly I think I got through to something like level 7 or 8 before I used any healing other than a healing spell (which as a Breton I had from the word go IIRC). I guess because archery typically keeps my foes at a distance, a housecarl helps as does a flame atronach.

I'm currently up to level 25 and a level or two ago I shed the light armour I had been smithing (though I guess I ought to have gone for heavy armour, I like doing stalhrim smithing though... which I thought was light armour, but requires ebony smithing perk?), and went for the arch-mage robes, morokei and the gauldur amulet.

Conjuring alone seems as boring as hell (you're basically summoning flame atronachs for ages, then eventually frost atronachs, then an age later I will probably get storm atronachs), so I was thinking about changing things up. I've never touched illusion spells, and alteration only so far as mage armour spells and transmute. Any suggestions?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mamere782 PC Games 2
BFG10K PC Games 0
mikeymikec PC Games 23

ASK THE COMMUNITY