News Keenan Anderson: LAPD releases extended body camera footage

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I haven't seen anything in the video that suggests a taser was needed. By the time the LEO's deployed the taser, there were 3 officers on the scene. The type of policing seen in the video is the reason reform is needed. 5 officers needed to strap his legs after he's already restrained, wow...

Where's the official autopsy? The police releasing the drug screen so fast is an obvious attempt to blame the victim and shield from lawsuits. Funny enough, any lawsuits here would still be tax payer funded.

So let's see what the coroner has to say, as cannabis metabolites have a long life in your blood. Cocaine is much shorter but metabolites still last up to a week.

Lanyap

Elite Member
Dec 23, 2000
Anderson was obviously experiencing a mental episode. The cause was unknown throughout the encounter. It's still unknown until the autopsy report is released.

He was not hurting anyone but could have been a danger to himself by running around in traffic. That does not warrent being tackled, held down and tased multiple times.
Anderson, a 31-year-old English teacher from Washington, D.C., died in an incident on Jan. 3 after police tased him six times in 42 seconds.

The first cop on the scene appears to have tried to de-escalate but should have continued to try de-escalation along with backup officers.

This is probably a good example where you need mental professionals to assess the person and act on the situation with police as a backup and for defense in case they need it.

I do agree that "Cocaine is not good for you."

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Anderson was obviously experiencing a mental episode. The cause was unknown throughout the encounter. It's still unknown until the autopsy report is realeased.

He was not hurting anyone but could have been a danger to himself by running around in traffic. That does not warrent being tackled, held down and tased multiple times.
Anderson, a 31-year-old English teacher from Washington, D.C., died in an incident on Jan. 3 after police tased him six times in 42 seconds.

The first cop on the scene appears to have tried to de-escalate but should have continued to try de-escalation along with backup officers.

This is probably a good example where you need mental professionals to assess the person and act on the situation with police as a backup and for defense in case they need it.

I do agree that "Cocaine is not good for you."
Nah, all you need is more force. Comply or die.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Unlike PCP and some other drugs while cocaine certainly can make a person act insane it does NOT give "super" strength in the same way and weed doesn't even bear mentioning .... those cops are pu$$ies.

In fact in my experience (MANY years ago!) doing a lot of coke (smoked, snorted or injected) makes you weak and kinda shaky so quite the opposite!

And this is assuming the guy was even high at all which might well just be typical police lies.

What a disturbing video.... things need to change. :(

Last edited:
Reactions: igor_kavinski

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Unlike PCP and some other drugs while cocaine certainly can make a person act insane it does NOT give "super" strength in the same way and weed doesn't even bear mentioning .... those cops are pu$$ies.

In fact in my experience (MANY years ago!) doing a lot of coke (smoked, snorted or injected) makes you weak and kinda shaky so quite the opposite!

And this is assuming the guy was even high at all which might well just be typical police lies.

What a disturbing video.... things need to change. :(
Generally, unless you have a lot of supply and are a daily user, paranoid psychosis is not usually an indication of having cocaine onboard. Synthetic cathinone (bath salts) abuse will get you there a lot sooner.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Unfortunately I've known people who did "speedballs" literally until it did them in (same heroin/coke combo that killed Belushi) and really sadly more recently several folks that turned into complete crack/meth heads.

No need to tell me what that stuff can do I know all too well.... that's why I stopped doing coke completely in my early 20's and never touched anything heroin-related.

Marijuana and (debatably) mushrooms are fine to legalize with regulation but there are plenty of drugs that need to STAY illegal.

:cry:

Drach

Apr 24, 2022
Tragic . :disrelieved:
This is why mental health counselors need to respond to these kind of police calls. They need to work together.