KB Toys files for bankruptcy

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Yzzim

Lifer
Feb 13, 2000
Maybe the government will bail them out?

I mean, kids need their toys just like adults need to fly.

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
Originally posted by: TommyVercetti
I went there once looking for a domokun. Somehow I just couldn't find the right words to say "You know that dude who is chasing kittens and when you masturbate god kills a kitten". Didn't find it.
haha

vegetation

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Rob9874
And FAO Schwartz. What's going on? I think businesses resistant to change are starting to feel the ramifications of online competitors. Score 1 for consumers.

Kbtoys has been online for a long time with a very good online presence. Plus you can return the junk you bought online to any retail store, that's about as good as online shopping can get. But I have to agree with others here, they have too many small stores trashed up in high priced shopping malls staffed by morons who don't really care. I wonder if company executives even bother to walk into one of their stores for a surprise visit?

IamElectro

Golden Member
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: dfi
Originally posted by: toekramp
so they are going bankrupt and not closing? weird...i guess i just don't understand how all of that works.

Reorganizing their debts, asking the courts to help them delay payments to creditors. Basically, just saying that they need some help and more time with paying all their debts.

dfi

This is also a way for them to get out of leases without penalty. They can close low volume stores that are not profiting.

T2T III

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: DaveNCheez
good deals are why they are bankrupt :)

Naw. They probably had a bunch of greedy corporate folks who received high salaries, but made bad decisions.