Katherine Harris (FL) digs herself an even deeper hole...

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
LINK - TBO.com

Link to thread regarding Harris's previous comments

TAMPA - U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris, who has made past comments that raised questions about her religious sensitivity, prayed in a telephone prayer service recently that God would "bring the hearts and minds of our Jewish brothers and sisters into alignment."

A Harris spokeswoman said Friday that the Longboat Key Republican, who has advocated electing Christian officeholders, was talking about converting Jews to vote Republican, not to Christianity.

In a conference call prayer service sponsored by a religious conservative group on Oct. 3, Harris expressed the belief that Florida will lead the nation in a spiritual reawakening. She said that will include changes in government, including prayer in schools and changes in tax regulations on churches and charities.

"We just decree and declare there will be a shift for this nation, that there will be an enormous revival, even a revolution as we speak," she prayed. "Once again, we'll rejoice, rejoice with your Son and bring this nation into alignment with your government with your kingdom principles and authority."

In August, Harris told interviewers from the Florida Baptist Witness, "If you're not electing Christians, then in essence you are going to legislate sin."

Her Oct. 3 comments about Jews took place during an "Awaken the Nation" conference call prayer service held by Ken Malone, senior pastor of Lighthouse World Outreach in Davenport.

His Web site says the ministry has an "apostolic governmental" role and seeks to "shift the government and courts of our nation." Florida, he says, is a "forerunner to the nation" in that mission.

Malone's organization has set up a series of telephone prayer services that involve people he refers to as "prophetic intercessors" and "prophetic teachers."

What a loon.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
When religion starts to die the religious start feeling threatened and get violent.

magomago

Lifer
Sep 28, 2002
I think it is weird she claims to be religious, but every time I see on tv when i'm flipping between news stations at my friends house she is trying so hard to puff up her chest and get us to look at there instead of the words that she speaks. Does it really even work on anyone?

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Thank you Ms. Harris---for not leading me into temptation.

As a voter in a another State---I cannot be temted into voting for your opponent.

But if the polls are correct---MS. Harris will lose big time.

Whats next?---maybe a shaken Ms. Harris publically beating her bared brests and crying my God---why have you forsaken me.

Followed by a quick conversion to Buddist---so she can find inner peace.---ommmmmmmmmm.

catnap1972

Platinum Member
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Thank you Ms. Harris---for not leading me into temptation.

As a voter in a another State---I cannot be temted into voting for your opponent.

But if the polls are correct---MS. Harris will lose big time.

Whats next?---maybe a shaken Ms. Harris publically beating her bared brests and crying my God---why have you forsaken me.

That's assuming she hasn't considered strapping herself with explosives and "punishing" the "sinners" (Democrats).

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000

lemon, at the insant i read that, i formed a picture of that in my head and i tried to laugh and gag at the same time. the only problem i had with that is i was gulping down a healthy swig of fruit juice at the time. for that you owe me one fruit juice (aloha maid pineapple-passionfruit), one new keyboard (microsoft natural), one new mouse pad (fellowes, w/wristpad) and four tissue papers (scott). ;)

j/k - but only about owing me stuff.

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
Originally posted by: Lemon law
Whats next?---maybe a shaken Ms. Harris publically beating her bared breasts and crying my God---why have you forsaken me.

I must admit, I chuckled :D

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
I agree that she is a nutjob.

What I find amusing about prayer in the schools is that it is little more than a public declaration of faith. We all thought it was a bad thing when the Nazis made the Jews wear a Star of David. This was a government action that forced some people to publically display their faith. Forcing prayer in schools is virtually the same thing, forcing the citizens to publically demonstrate their faith.

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
Originally posted by: magomago
I think it is weird she claims to be religious, but every time I see on tv when i'm flipping between news stations at my friends house she is trying so hard to puff up her chest and get us to look at there instead of the words that she speaks. Does it really even work on anyone?

She's a total hussy and a loon. The video of her getting all flirty and touchy feelie with that married politician during some kind of session says it all. If I was the wife of that guy she was getting all cuddly with, I would have personally kicked her ass.